What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Crush

Coach
I'm not sure what there is to gain from predicting that the dragons will fall away and lose their way from here if you are a dragons supporter.
Can somebody explain it to me?
What do you gain? Bragging rights? Wouldn't you prefer that your team wins?
By @ouryears taking on the forum and saying "you just wait! We will lose our way in July!" doesn't that just make the poster want their own team to lose to prove their point?
Wait! Unless they aren't actually a dragons fan? Ohhhh I get it now. Thats what a troll is @ouryears.

giboz71

First Grade
I'd regard McGregor a lot higher if he ever managed to change a game plan during a game when everything isn't working with the original plan. Too many times in the past couple of years it was obvious the game plan they went out with wasn't working and not once has it been changed mid game to reflect that it's not working...this year it was obvious in the Souths and Warriors losses.

Does a Plan B actually happen mid game?? Where a team comes out in the 2nd half, completely changes their game plan when down and win the game??

Can’t recall even Bellamy and Bennett doing that?

In most cases, if your Plan A isn’t working you lose. Period.

Thankfully our Plan A has been good enough 12 out of 15 games this year.

I'm not sure what there is to gain from predicting that the dragons will fall away and lose their way from here if you are a dragons supporter.
Can somebody explain it to me?
What do you gain? Bragging rights? Wouldn't you prefer that your team wins?
By @ouryears taking on the forum and saying "you just wait! We will lose our way in July!" doesn't that just make the poster want their own team to lose to prove their point?
Wait! Unless they aren't actually a dragons fan? Ohhhh I get it now. Thats what a troll is @ouryears.

*there is no correlation whatsoever between an objective, logical prediction and support for a particular team. If we had no choice but to bet our house on the Dragons winning the comp (that takes the irrational emotion out), most of us would surely, astutely back no.
*all of us 'prefer' our team to win - if you're talking about winning the title.
*an informed negative prediction does not mean you want the team to lose (see above dot points).
*ohhh, the 'you're not a fan' deduction. Clever.

Straight Shooter

Frank Facer

First Grade
Does a Plan B actually happen mid game?? Where a team comes out in the 2nd half, completely changes their game plan when down and win the game??

Well said. I have never heard so much crap about a coach not having a plan B, until our forum started rambling on about Mary not having a plan B.

Crush

Coach
*there is no correlation whatsoever between an objective, logical prediction and support for a particular team. If we had no choice but to bet our house on the Dragons winning the comp (that takes the irrational emotion out), most of us would surely, astutely back no.
*all of us 'prefer' our team to win - if you're talking about winning the title.
*an informed negative prediction does not mean you want the team to lose (see above dot points).

Straight Shooter
OV, you aren't a troll in any way. You are just a negative, jaded supporter that hates losing.
When the Dragons win the comp this year you will be like a hysterical school girl. I bet you will be the first one to post on GF day at full time that you were wrong about 2018.
You are a true dragons supporter, ouryears is just an A HOLE that wants this team to lose to prove his point.

The Damo

Juniors

Straight Shooter
Who would you put your house on OV?
Professional bookies reckon there’s negligible difference between our chances and the other top teams. They are betting their profits on it.

Professional bookies reckon there’s negligible difference between our chances and the other top teams. They are betting their profits on it.

Don't know, there's no real standout. I think the top 3 chances are probably Roosters, Rabbits and Storm.

Cronulla are Penrith are roughies.

Dragons are very unlikely.

Straight Shooter

ouryears

Bench
Since when do bookies determine any winner.
Ohh yeah, we will be premiers because the bookies thought we might be.
Laughable

ouryears

Bench

Straight Shooter
OV, couldn't agree more.
And yes, if we predict we might not be able to do something, the brigade comes out accusing us of not being true fans.

#fantasyworld

BennyV

Referee

There are many, many examples of teams coming out after half time and showing rapid improvement...

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Yeah I see your point and it probably happens in AFL more often that tactics are changed mid game but even a slight change eg stand further back in attack if defence is rushing, put a kick in, switch a players position, use the interchange bench differently , start offloading etc - it won't work often, maybe rarely but the ability to think on your feet and adjust to the situation in front of you seems to be lacking in this one.

The Damo

Juniors
Don't know, there's no real standout. I think the top 3 chances are probably Roosters, Rabbits and Storm.

Cronulla are Penrith are roughies.

Dragons are very unlikely.

Straight Shooter
It is a very tight Comp - in all honesty I think any of the top 7 could beat any of the others on their day. On the games played this year, I’d put the dragons best performance against any of those teams bar Souths and say our best could beat their best performance so far. Souths at their absolute best this year look amazing.
But there’s a lot of luck, mental side, refs calls and individual efforts that can split teams on any given day.

It is a very tight Comp - in all honesty I think any of the top 7 could beat any of the others on their day. On the games played this year, I’d put the dragons best performance against any of those teams bar Souths and say our best could beat their best performance so far. Souths at their absolute best this year look amazing.
But there’s a lot of luck, mental side, refs calls and individual efforts that can split teams on any given day.

Coach.

Straight Shooter

I'd regard McGregor a lot higher if he ever managed to change a game plan during a game when everything isn't working with the original plan. Too many times in the past couple of years it was obvious the game plan they went out with wasn't working and not once has it been changed mid game to reflect that it's not working...this year it was obvious in the Souths and Warriors losses.

I remember a semi final loss under Brown, one of many I might ad, that we were favoured to win. We were down at halftime and nothing was working, a player reported they asked Brown what to do and his reply was “just go out there and play footy”.
It was right there he lost the players and was sacked the next year.

giboz71

First Grade
There are many, many examples of teams coming out after half time and showing rapid improvement...

Showing improvement is one thing. Completely overhauling your game plan and coming out on top is another. There are probably examples but I can’t recall any?

Surely if any coach could pull this off it would be Bellamy or Bennett.

I don’t recall them doing anything spectacularly different during the game to change their tactics when we spanked them both at Kogarah?

Latest posts