What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BrissyRedV

Bench
If only we could merge all these threads as they relate to the same thing "we have a shit coach that should be sacked but hasn't "
It could be a record for the longest thread in this forum site....
It seems all of us know the real problem with the club, but the clubs management lack the accountability and the intestinal fortitude to correct their mistakes or they are too blind to notice.

Bench
The way he coached last year and probably this season will once again, affect the number of people going to a game.
I would and still go to games that I can get to, but how many people just won't go because of the way we are playingu

BrissyRedV

Bench
The way he coached last year and probably this season will once again, affect the number of people going to a game.
I would and still go to games that I can get to, but how many people just won't go because of the way we are playingu
Those fans that have a masochistic side to them might enjoy the pain and humiliation....

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
That is so true....I made 2 long distance trips to watch Dragons matches last year with some non-dragon supporters. They were long time lovers of the game for over 45 years and yet both claimed it was the worse games of Rugby League they had ever sat thru....boring and painfull was the general view. I reluctantly agreed and were somewhat jealous of their teams being Roosters and Tigers, whom could at least offer some quality attack & excitement.

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor out to win back Charity Shield against South Sydney Rabbitohs
Andrew Parkinson
14 Feb 2017, 10 p.m.
r0_358_4134_2682_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

No charity: St George Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor will use Sunday's Charity Shield against South Sydney as final preparation for round one. Picture: John Veage

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor is adamant there will be no charity from his Dragons side against South Sydney on Sunday.

The Dragons are looking to win back the Charity Shield, the annual pre-season trophy, for the first time since 2012 at ANZ Stadium as a timely boost heading into the new season.

There is a different mindset around the match this season. In previous years the Charity Shield has been St George Illawarra’s first trial match and more a chance to blow out the cobwebs. This season it will be their final preparation for their round one clash against Penrith.

McGregor is treating the match as such, with the side named for the Charity Shield likely to run out at UOW Jubilee Oval in the season opener in a fortnight’s time.

The Dragons copped plenty of criticism last season but McGregor, who is in the last year of his contract, has taken it on board and told the Leader fans will see a different team in the red v this season.

r0_266_4134_2590_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Dragons winger Jason Nightingale with South Sydney fullback Greg Inglis. Picture: John Veage

“A lot of things have changed. There’s been staff change, there’s been roster change. There’s certainly been a different philosophy about how we’re going to play. The main focus... everyone is still talking about it is how we attacked [last year],” he said.

“I’ll be totally honest with you we were very rigid in the way we played. We’re going to go away from that. Simplicity is a big thing in the way we’re playing, we play a power game. [We’ve got a] good-sized forward pack with good experience. And the freedom to play, that’s the most important thing, to take away a fair bit of noise and just let the boys concentrate on going out there and playing more instinctively.

“Obviously the vision we’ve come up with, the shared vision with the players, the philosophy, is about certainly playing with the freedom of playing what’s in front [of them]. Last year our style didn’t suit some of our players and certainly our approach this year is totally different to that.”

Winger Jason Nightingale, who will play his first game of the pre-season, said the team would use the game to build confidence ahead of the new season.

“I think it’s also a chance to test the occasion. That’s another thing that is parallel with a first grade game, the atmosphere. The occasion that’s created simulates a first grade round one [game] as close as you want,” he said.

“And obviously add to that the rivalry we’ve had with South Sydney for a lot of years. It does feel a lot more than [just] a trial game.”

St George Illawarra will use the Charity Shield match, now in its 35th year, to raise money for St George Public Hospital at Kogarah as well as Wollongong Public Hospital and the St George Foundation.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/4...-look-dragons-out-to-win-back-shield/?cs=3833

Bench
I noticed he said that he was treating the charity shield just like a normal club game.
Well folks this is what we have to look forward to.

Dragons22

Juniors
Mary shoudl never ever coach NRL again, his game plan is just so poor and weak that even Newcastle could beat the Dragons under his garbage coaching structures, the day he is sacked it will be a celebration for us RED V fans, unless of course Hornby or Young is appointed, then it's just the same crap the club has given us since 2012. I hope Cleary coaches and brings in his own assistants who actually know how to coach a team. SACK MARY!!!!

Latest posts