What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I think if I am not mistaken Jack was the bookie and he had standover men collecting for him namely 2 props 1 from Easts and 1 from the Dragons.

I thought both OT. He was definitely involved with some other colourful identities from the Shire and Blakehurst and whilst I know of the Dragons prop you mention, I personally knew another one who played for Wests but not as a regular first grader. He became quite a successful businessman.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Ha...not at all but if you're going to have a crack at people about their English comprehension skills, you might want to proof read your own post first.
Now you've made this about the English language and not Jack Gibson's moral compass. Nothing to dispute about the legendary Norm Provan.
Not getting the John Boy references. Anyway, no drama...let's move on, hey?
Ello guvner - nothin wrong with my English there laddy...

Ok JB I admit I didn't separate provan comments from the others as well as I could have but I do know Gibson story - my point was they were still all helluva coaches and led from the front and was at least a man who took criticism.

I can't stand how McGreedy blames everything and anyone else - so gutless.

No drama JB - Just getting some banter going as my goal is to outnumber members with this post until McGreedy goes.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Maybe our new committee can read some club history in their spare time:

"The St George committee chose to back Kearney's fine football brain and his advanced strategies on attack, defense and conditioning in choosing him as their captain-coach to go forward. In the process they laid the foundation for the club's eleven-year premiership stranglehold."

McGreedy has no brain, no strategy (let alone an advanced one) and his idea of conditioning is getting smashed and picking up DUI's.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Maybe our new committee can read some club history in their spare time:

"The St George committee chose to back Kearney's fine football brain and his advanced strategies on attack, defense and conditioning in choosing him as their captain-coach to go forward. In the process they laid the foundation for the club's eleven-year premiership stranglehold."

McGreedy has no brain, no strategy (let alone an advanced one) and his idea of conditioning is getting smashed and picking up DUI's.
After 8 years of Nathan Brown it's now Illawarra's turn with insisting on Mary as coach. It's the only logical thing I can think of as to why this knob is still coach.

Old Timer

Coach
I think it has been flushed, just won't go away.
The great political commentator was once asked on the ABC how John Howard would be best remembered
Toughness? Ni
Determination? No
His political comebacks? No
His prime ministership? No
How then Mungo?
I think he will be best remembered as the un flushable turd of Australuan politics
Mary is in illustrious company

Old Timer

Coach
The great political commentator was once asked on the ABC how John Howard would be best remembered
Toughness? Ni
Determination? No
His political comebacks? No
His prime ministership? No
How then champion?
I think he will be best remembered as the un flushable turd of Australuan politics
Mary is in illustrious company
The commentator was Mungo Macallum

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Yes McGreedy has more nicknames that we can use at games and banners and in every post than the mighty changa had sidesteps.

Floating turd is awesome.

It stinks and it is disgusting .Everyone wants to flush it and despite all our efforts it just keeps floating up from the bowl.

Zucchini

Juniors
Just had a call from a lovely young guy, Ben from the Red V Membership. Despite me sending several emails and responding to their emails, he wanted to make sure I was aware of the looming "lose your seats" dates. Poor bastard. Today is a depressing enough day without having to ring unhappy, despondent fans and cop a mouthful. I could tell he's a fan himself and just as disturbed at the current state of things. I explained that I had emailed and emailed and advised that as long as McGregor was head coach, no more of my hard earned would be handed over and he said he would add me to the "disgruntled with the coach" list. He also said not to expect any change to Head Coach prior to season's commencement. I told him that unfortunately I could see that the stupid Board had made that call but that surely when we were none from six, they might have to acknowledge their error in judgement. He didn't seem so convinced.....

rainman44

Bench
Just had a call from a lovely young guy, Ben from the Red V Membership. Despite me sending several emails and responding to their emails, he wanted to make sure I was aware of the looming "lose your seats" dates. Poor bastard. Today is a depressing enough day without having to ring unhappy, despondent fans and cop a mouthful. I could tell he's a fan himself and just as disturbed at the current state of things. I explained that I had emailed and emailed and advised that as long as McGregor was head coach, no more of my hard earned would be handed over and he said he would add me to the "disgruntled with the coach" list. He also said not to expect any change to Head Coach prior to season's commencement. I told him that unfortunately I could see that the stupid Board had made that call but that surely when we were none from six, they might have to acknowledge their error in judgement. He didn't seem so convinced.....
He called me yesterday and told him the same sort of stuff and i mentioned that this club does not learn and that i will no way in hell be a member whilst we have a reserve grade coach.

thebigredv

First Grade
Sack Paul. Nothing short of winning the comp next year will vindicate this decision (lol just the thought of it). They are disgusting. This is truly ludicrous.