What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#sackboyd

Frederick

Staff member
Ok, I'm still well on the #sackgidley and #sackhouston bandwagons, but I've officially had enough of Darius Boyd.

Yes, I know he usually comes good after Origin, but we're not paying him to play well for half a season.

He refuses to contest the high ball.

He barely gets involved in attack.

He will not put his body on the line.

There is nothing red and blue about him.

With three minutes to go, and with us down by four, he gets tackled with the ball, and then does his usual slow get-up, with a big shit-eating grin on his face. No urgency at all.

It's painfully obvious he's only here for two reasons - Bennett and a big, fat pay cheque.

He needs to be dropped, but with Bennett here that will never happen

League_God

Juniors
I've honestly never been so ashamed of a single player as a knights supporter.
Give me tolar, tanner, lowrie, mcdonnell etc. over that f**king girl.

perverse

Referee
Nah, I couldn't watch Tolar play again. Not for 5 minutes. Would never go that far. Imagine him playing now with the current speed of the game.

Apey

Staff member
Scared of getting tackled or doing any of the dirty work for that matter. His play-the-balls have pretty much always been cringeworthy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
That run he made from the scrum just before halftime. We quickly pack a scrum with 20secs left to get a shot. He runs it, stops before the defence, back steps a few times, then gets tackled and wastes time complaining about offside instead of playing the ball and giving us one last crack.

perverse

Referee
Has to be protecting Darius... he couldn't possibly actually believe it. Bennett will always protect his players from criticism when he can, even if it brings it on himself as a consequence.

Adsy

Juniors
I wonder who dislikes Darius more, the refs or the fans?

It seems as if no one can stand him.

Noname36

First Grade
Has to be protecting Darius... he couldn't possibly actually believe it. Bennett will always protect his players from criticism when he can, even if it brings it on himself as a consequence.

Yep. I remember when Mullo had a really terrible game back in 2012 the first thing Bennett did in the press conference after the game was praise him. At the time I was thinking WTF but the more it's happened with different players the more I've realised that he knows when a player might start copping it by the media and the public and he gets in there first to defend them. Problem is though I don't think Boyd deserves that kind of protection.

perverse

Referee
Yep. I remember when Mullo had a really terrible game back in 2012 the first thing Bennett did in the press conference after the game was praise him. At the time I was thinking WTF but the more it's happened with different players the more I've realised that he knows when a player might start copping it by the media and the public and he gets in there first to defend them. Problem is though I don't think Boyd deserves that kind of protection.
It's not just luck that players love him to death. He looks after them in any way he can.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Joey said on the footy show this morning he thinks it was Boyd's best game also. Are we missing something? Does he do things off the ball we miss watching it on tv?

He has also been picked again for Australia on the wing.

ryana87

Juniors
Boyd has had such a good season he in considered the best winger in Australia.....picked in the test team!!

Burwood

Bench
That's 90% of the problem with Boyd- he is an automatic selection for any rep side, but he hasn't done anything to warrant it in the last 2-3 years. He knows that he can keep putting in efforts like he does and he will still end up on the wing playing alongside Inglis.

He needed to be dropped from the Australian team for the Anzac test and given a bit of a reality check.

Latest posts