What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint Des ??

Gareth67

First Grade
Des's head space won't be on football for a while so I think that he will give coaching a break for at least a year and be more able to focus on the sport maybe in 2024. All this drama at Manly will play on his mind and him coming to us next year won't happen in my opinion. Hopefully he can be signed up for 2024 and onwards.

To me Hasler would be better than Hook. He is the type of coach that can get the best out of the players but can put players and officials offside but hey, that is what we need.

Forget about Tom and Jake who are both tied to the Sea Eagles for a long time. I cannot see either of them coming to the Dragons. I know that there are some administrators at Manly who are doubting Tom to give them value for money seeing that he is injury prone and a lot of cap money is tied up with him on their books. I think they like the Manly area too much to leave.

I'd take a full back of the calibre of Dylan Edwards who maintains his fitness and is on the field more than not but he will be a Panthers full back for some time.

In the meantime, my hope is for the Dragons to sort out their problems which are also pretty bad.
Agree D.D. he will - as you have said - have too much on his plate should he decide to take Manly to court. Also I have always liked Edwards , he is a solid fullback , it’s a shame that we do not presently have someone like him at the Dragons . Perhaps Cody Ramsey may kick on in the future .

possm

Coach
Teams that aspire to be in the top 4 need a good spine. And a good spine should usually have two marquee players in it.

We have potential marquee players at the Dragons but even Hunt is not the best of anything in the NRL. He is a borderline marquee player. We need at least one other marquee player in our spine and to give us good balance within the team, we need at least a borderline marquee hooker.

So to me, Hunt at 9 is a given. For the makeup of the rest of the spin, we most probably need a marquee fullback, five-eighth, or halfback. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule and the only exception that I can see is if we kept Hunt at halfback and brought in a player such as Robson as our first-choice hooker.

The Dragons need a:
Marquee fullback. similar in talent to that of Tedesco, Turbo, and Ponga.
Replacement edge forward, to replace Sims
Top-level hooker, Hunt or Robson could fit the bill
Marquee halfback, and so, I'm afraid neither Sullivan or Amone fit the blill. One will need to further develop their skills in reserve grade.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Got told that a few days ago by my mate that before Des got the boot Storm where looking at him for 2024.
That theory has a lot of logic to it, Bellamy will be moving on & Des is the best available replacement. But having said that I think Melbourne are on the way down, they’ve just gone all in on Munster so unless they cheat the Cap again they will not have the money for top 4 team.

possm

Coach
Griffin should be sacked now as there is no benefit in wasting the opportunity to sign Hasler and get a good off-season training program under out belt.

With Hasler on board, there is an increased opportunity that we may be able to land J Turbo and a couple of other players that want out of Manly.

Parko1310

Juniors
Griffin should be sacked now as there is no benefit in wasting the opportunity to sign Hasler and get a good off-season training program under out belt.

With Hasler on board, there is an increased opportunity that we may be able to land J Turbo and a couple of other players that want out of Manly.
Hasler isn't going to coach next year at all surely, he's got enough on his plate. The last thing we need currently is a distracted coach thinking about court cases against his former club.

Latest posts