What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Perrett likely off to the Doggies

I liked Sammy Perrett and I wish him all the best for the future but I'm looking forward to having a Roosters winger with speed.

EDIT: Has not been officially confirmed by either club as yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

sputneek

Juniors
All the fangirls/boys on twitter are so upset... I say good luck to Perrett, stupid decision to let him go now but nothing I'll cry over.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Sammy was generally a fairly solid and reliable player but honestly, there's better options for us.

I respect his contribution to the team, but he's not big loss.

Anybody else thinks that Henry kids has real potential.

Alpha

Juniors
I said in another thread in not sure I would re-sign perrett for next years but I have three f**king questions.

1. Why now?
2. Why the f**king dogs?
3. Do the dogs have a salary cap?

I take it this means we will get SBW

He's an outside back that doesn't attempt to catch bombs, has not got the best handling, doesn't break the line or score tries. I wish him well. A model citizen, great man but just not a player who I will lose sleep over. His best game for us was seriously his debut, what a game he had! Origin depleted team IIRC and slaughter the cocaine Knights at home but got taken off with an ankle injury.

Oh, btw, expect his brother to follow him.

Alpha

Juniors
Also I was going to complement his game today but if he put in an effort right as he's about to bugger off he can get f**ked

All the fangirls/boys on twitter are so upset... I say good luck to Perrett, stupid decision to let him go now but nothing I'll cry over.

Lol all of a sudden he is Eric Grothe snr, the team can't survive without him coming from the same fools that haven wanted him hung since the Gold Coast game in 2007

The same people dick riding Maloney and saying "oh who cares about his defence it's his attack" will be the same people dumping shit on him this time next year like they did Carney

Monk

Referee
If he leaves, I will miss his 200 Metres a game from dummy half. FMD he was a solid player, we could have done a lot worse and if this means nugget Carney comes back... le sigh.

adamkungl

Immortal
Wouldn't be particularly gutted if he left at the end of the season. I've had countless blowups at his defensive efforts over the years. But right now our options in the outside backs are... Carney? FMD.

And to see a lifelong Rooster go to the Cheats cuts pretty deep tbh.

Packy

Bench
It's dissapointing to see him leave you guys. I only have good memories of him but I don't critique your games to the same level you would.

Handy pick up for us, but it's definitely a bit strange.

Wouldn't be particularly gutted if he left at the end of the season. I've had countless blowups at his defensive efforts over the years. But right now our options in the outside backs are... Carney? FMD.

And to see a lifelong Rooster go to the Cheats cuts pretty deep tbh.

RTS to wing. Next year at some point we'll see him switch with Mini once he finds himself FG adjusted. Unless ofcourse Smith decides to take the piss.

Monk

Referee
Still nothing completely official yet, but seems like it's happening. - Ant Mitchell might be leaving too

Bulldogs wing it to sign Perrett for season

NEW ZEALAND international Sam Perrett has been strongly linked with a move to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season.
The Herald was told last night that Perrett, who played for Sydney Roosters in yesterday's 42-28 defeat of Wests Tigers, had been given an immediate release to join Canterbury and today attended his first training session under new coach Des Hasler.
The signing of Perrett, who has played 14 Tests on the wing for the Kiwis, would help alleviate the Bulldogs' lack of depth in the outside backs due to injury.

Perrett farewells Roosters

Sam Perrett has farewelled his Sydney Roosters team-mates at their recovery session on Monday morning ahead of his expected mid-year switch to Canterbury.

Perrett, who played a leading role in the Roosters' drought-breaking 42-28 win over Wests Tigers on Sunday, is set to join the Bulldogs this week on a three-and-a-half year deal.

While the move is yet to be made official the 27-year-old is believed to have told his team-mates of the decision to leave the club at their recovery session at Coogee Beach.

he New Zealand international didn't take part in the session with the rest of the Roosters squad and was then seen hugging each team-mate afterwards in a clear indication he was on his way to Belmore.

Roosters prop Martin Kennedy knew nothing of the potential switch when he fronted the media before training but admitted the loss of Perrett would be a huge blow to the club.

"Sammy's always in great form and he's one of those players you love to play with," Kennedy told reporters on Monday.

"He's been at the Roosters since I've been there and has been someone I've looked up to.

"I'd definitely want to keep him around if I could.

"The boys have had whispers of it this morning when we turned up for recovery but we don't know.

"Sammy's a pretty honest guy and whatever is happening he'll tell us."

Perrett is expected to go and train with the Bulldogs as early as Monday afternoon and may play in their blockbuster against the Melbourne Storm on Sunday.

The acquisition of Perrett is a huge bonus for the Bulldogs who have suffered a number of injuries in the outside backs this season already.

Steve Turner (knee) and Tim Lafai (shoulder) are both out for the rest of 2012 while Bryson Goodwin (spleen) still has another six weeks on the sidelines.

And Perrett may not be the only one flying the Roosters coop before the end of the year with further reports utility Anthony Mitchell could also be released to take up a deal with North Queensland.

Despite the conjecture over the future of a couple of their stars, the Roosters are delighted to have kept their season alive with the win over the Tigers and are confident they can figure in the finals after closing the gap on the top eight to four points.

"We think we've got two wins up our sleeve between now and when finals time rolls around," Kennedy said.

"We definitely haven't lost any faith and I think having such a young side we're always enthusiastic and confident in what we can do.

"It was a good, dominant performance, in the first half especially, and the boys are treating it as a monkey off the back."

Interchange forward Lama Tasi added: "Everyone was writing us off so it was good to get a win.

"We've had a couple of close matches we should've won so to come away with a win yesterday our confidence levels will sky rocket.

"If we keep playing tough and consistent we knew things will eventually crack and yesterday we showed our true colours."

Roosters pair linked to exit

Sydney Roosters players are trying to come to terms with reports that Sam Perrett and Anthony Mitchell could both be leaving the club midseason.

Reports on Monday morning linked New Zealand Test winger Perrett to the Bulldogs and hooker Mitchell to North Queensland with both apparently requesting an immediate release.

Roosters officials on Monday declined to comment on the status of both men.

Their teammates were seeking confirmation of the players' intentions as they gathered at Sydney's Coogee beach for a recovery session following Sunday's win over Wests Tigers.

"The boys (heard) whispers of it (Perrett's situation) this morning when we arrived at recovery, but I haven't asked him about it, to be honest. I haven't seen him yet," prop Martin Kennedy told reporters.

"It will come out later on, but I'm not sure what the story is there at all.

"I hadn't heard anything about it `til last night and then this morning.

"Sammy is a pretty honest guy, I'll ask him when I see him.

"Sammy is always in great form, he's one of those players that you love to play with.

"He's been at the Roosters since I've been there and someone I've looked up to as long as I've been there, so I definitely want to keep him around if I could."

Asked about Mitchell, whose potential switch to the Cowboys was flagged on Twitter, Kennedy said: "That's the first I've heard of that, so I'll have to ask Ant when I see him".

Forward Lama Tasi was philosophical about the rumours.

"Sam and Anthony Mitchell are great guys and whatever they choose to do, it's their choice," Tasi said.

Last edited:
"Roosters in crisis; mass exodus of players"

Can't be good. Fishy smell.

What? He's unsigned for next year. He was offered a 1 year deal, he took a 3 year deal & clearly not part of future plans so why keep him?

The hysteria is amazing. When his 4 year deal was announced The Wall went in to meltdown the majority of fans hated him, they've still been shitting on him but now he leaves they're all angry at th club. Does not compute. The Facebook page is hilarious sometimes.

So Perrett's mid year swap is off? Newtown he should go. The same people crying he's let go early will be shitting on him wishing he was gone smh