What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Thaiday snub

Brutus

Referee
Maybe Mal didn't want some clown in his undies wiggling his arse behind him in dressing room.

Sam should consider himself lucky that he even went near a rep jersey over the past 18 months.

Bowzy

Juniors
What a sook, typical Brisbane player thinking the world revolves around him.

As for Ferguson getting a phone call, he is a plod at chooks but arguably at his best when playing for Australia. I believe he won player of the tournament last whilst playing for them, I believe Mal might have thought it was a snub so he gave him a call.

As far as Thaiday is concerned, what sort has form has he brought any rep side in the last 4 years? Nothing. The bloke has lived off the pick and stick mantra. He definitely does not “deserve” a phone call and it shows what kind of bloke he is that he thinks he does.

Not sure why people go to bat for this bloke because he’s “funny”. He’s such a toss.

Spot On

Coach
Two hit ups and he's shot. Been saying that for some time now.

I concur with the sentiment in here, Sam has been gifted rep jerseys for some tome now. He's taking the piss if he truly believed his name would have been discussed for the Aussie squad.

I find it hard to believe Bennett has let Arrow and EseEse go but kept Sam for another season at the Broncs.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
The idea of "incumbency" is f**ked

Look what it did for Qld game 1 this year

Representative teams should "represent" the best players at that time

How often is a player in great form overlooked because of an incumbent? How many more deserving players has Thaiday kept out of the team the fat plodder

He should get dwn on his knees and be thankful he's been able to have a football career despite being a half-filled beanbag

Lambretta

First Grade
I have never liked Thiaday - I don't like the Broncos, Queensland or Australia - so anyone who has played for them (and played well for over the years) is pushing shit up hill to be liked by me

However, that said, this is about common decency

If a player, any player, is included in the squad they get a phone call congratulating them

Any player who was previously picked and now isn't, especially one with 10 years standing in the team, deserves to be told by the team, not the media, of their exclusion.

Meninga craps on about the Australian team unity and respect for the Australian jersey - if you're so big on respect, show some towards those who've aided your cause over the years.

If you don't want to do it Mal, give me the job. I have to give people news they don't want to hear all the time. There's little I enjoy more. Except when it rains. f**k, I love it when it rains. Especially when people want it to be sunny. My god that makes me smile.

magpie_man

Juniors
As already mentioned, he probably has a right to feel a bit hard-done-by for not at least getting a text message about his non-selection given his incumbency and playing history for the Kangaroos.
A social media tantrum is not the way to address it though.

But..but...but I wrote a poem! LMFAO.

What a self-entilted typical Bronco sook. And how typical of him to go on IG and have a whinge to try and garner some fan sympathy. You suck and should retire today.

And I don't know what Milford means by "I got you bala"...what's that midget gonna do?

That was an enjoyable article.

Diesel

Referee
Suck it up fatman. Enjoy the real world as you won't be getting Andrew Gee handout either

big hit!

Bench
I have never liked Thiaday - I don't like the Broncos, Queensland or Australia - so anyone who has played for them (and played well for over the years) is pushing shit up hill to be liked by me

However, that said, this is about common decency

If a player, any player, is included in the squad they get a phone call congratulating them

Any player who was previously picked and now isn't, especially one with 10 years standing in the team, deserves to be told by the team, not the media, of their exclusion.

Meninga craps on about the Australian team unity and respect for the Australian jersey - if you're so big on respect, show some towards those who've aided your cause over the years.

If you don't want to do it Mal, give me the job. I have to give people news they don't want to hear all the time. There's little I enjoy more. Except when it rains. f**k, I love it when it rains. Especially when people want it to be sunny. My god that makes me smile.

it's sad how the keyboard warriors come out to have a go at thaiday personally, isn't it? agreed that perhaps gen y approach of hitting instagram to air this shit wasn't great, but what's more important here is ensuring the kangaroo jersey is still the biggest prize for a rugby league footballer. it seems it still is for thaiday which is why he's reacted the way he has. 10 years of rep caps and not a message to say thanks but it's come to an end from the national coach doesn't really instil pride to represent the jersey.

even meninga has realised he f**ked up big time.....but you know, who gives a f**k cos it's thaiday.

Reactions: JW

Hawkins

Juniors
Based on his performance off the bench for Brisbane this season I'm pretty sure Thaiday was the first person to know he wasn't playing for Australia.

Stop being so Butt hurt Sammy your rep career is over.

typicalfan

Coach
Ringing one and not others can be seen as favouritism and that has the potential to destabilise the culture.

Thaidays form is irrelevant. I wouldn’t have picked him for the last few years but I would have done the right thing and called him and others that missed out that were in the previous squad.