What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandcorp claims another Rooster

melon....

Coach
The Yak, Peter Cusack also sustained ligament damage on the dodgy Sandcorp sandpit. Thats 4 Roosters and one Cowboy of which 3 Roosters are Gooorn, the 4th being Finch whos out for 4 weeks.

Surely this is more than co-incidence or shear shocking luck!!!

I wonder what the Broncos will think if they lose 2 or 3 of their stars coming into the finals?

Kiwi

First Grade
When you consider there has been 3 games played on the ground, 102 players ( not taking into account players like tate ect who have played in all 3 ) and there have been 5 injuries, 1 cowboy in Bowman who is a walking talking injury cloud and 4 Roosters. What are the chances of a ground claiming 4 players from the same club with injuries to the same part of the body in 2 games? Pretty slim, maybe the Roosters training has something to do with it? Are they doing something that puts them at a higher risk? There are so many factors to think about, if it's the grounds surface why have 4 roosters gone down and only one player from another club who is injury prone anyway, thats more than bad luck, and more than the surface. Rooster should look at their training first.

ozzie

Bench
mate thats crap!! the same training as last year and we didn't suffer the problems then -

Now lets look at the Fitzy one, it appears to me his foot was stuck in the sand when he got hit...actually it was just sheer bad luck, his knee buckled on impact with the tackle - nothing to do with training there.

Hodges just seemed to buckle a bit when hit and i don't know about Cusack. I saw the tackle where Finch was involved and he seemed to roll with the tackle and strained the knee. Bad luck maybe to tell us it's the training - your not fair dinkum are you?

You don't blame the training and i won't blame the sandpit.

If the ground is not to fault to a degree why are they going to returf it, something to do with the rooting system (no pun meant). This was reported on a radio station in Sydney..

Kiwi

First Grade
Annoying when the finger is pointed in the wrong direction isn't it.

ozzie

Bench
hmmm - I didn't do the pointing!

But tell me why they are going to rip up the surface??

STSAE

Juniors
ozzie said:
hmmm - I didn't do the pointing!

But tell me why they are going to rip up the surface??

Kiwi thinks his Hoppa with all the pointing!!

:lol: :lol:

You mean sand not surface dont you??

Dont forget O'Davis injured his knee b4 Origin 1.
6 knees in 3 games, 3 out for the year!!

What Sandcorp Stadium??

TheROCK

Juniors
Lol, Sandcorp Stadium. :lol: That's a good one. But lets get serious.

I honestly think it's a coincidence. The Broncos have played there 3 times, no injuries. And 'co-incidentally' we're are the club who's had the least injuries all season. It ain't the sand. Fitzgibbon's foot didn't get stuck in the sand, it got stuck in the turf, where he stepped was good turf, he didn't step in sand. And the way he went into the tackle it what did it.

Kiwi

First Grade
TheROCK said:
Lol, Sandcorp Stadium. :lol: That's a good one. But lets get serious.

I honestly think it's a coincidence. The Broncos have played there 3 times, no injuries. And 'co-incidentally' we're are the club who's had the least injuries all season. It ain't the sand. Fitzgibbon's foot didn't get stuck in the sand, it got stuck in the turf, where he stepped was good turf, he didn't step in sand. And the way he went into the tackle it what did it.

Bingo. Spot on.

TheFitzgibbons foot appear to stick to the ground crap, is just that crap, he was wearing bloody league boots of course his foot did that.....

STSAE

Juniors
Look I think Sandcorp looks great, best ground ive seen for footy. Cant wait to get up there next year!!

But there has to be something in it. 6 knee injuries in 3 games, 3 out for the year!!!
I do admit it is bizzare that no Broncos have been injured.
Imagine if they had lost, Tate and Gordy and Gee for the year and Berrigan for 4 weeks all with knee injuries.
Would they be playing on Sandcorp again till is has grown properly??
11 tonnes of sand removed b4 Easts v Bris!!
11 tonnes = Sandcorp Stadium

Not blaming anyone but there must be something in it. Hope they dont start dropping at the Broncs?? They will have to admit Ricky is right!! And we all know that isnt on!!!! Is it!!!!!!!!!

millersnose

Post Whore
2 pieces of evidence amke me think something is wrong

the video of players on the surface show how loose it is

the appalling injury toll

i dont think there is any doubt this ground surface is dangerous

Moffo

Referee
6 injuries in 3 games

In comparision, there was a story in the paper yesterday that said over the other 100 games that have been played this year, there have only been about 6 knee/leg injuries. Come on, its more then bad luck

Cheers,
Moffo

Kiwi

First Grade
STSAE said:
Didnt 2 Broncos do ankles last week??

Anyone know??

Thaiday did an ankle and will be out for 3 - 4 weeks

Seymour Broke his foot, by either standing on someone elses or his being stood on by someone, can't remember which one they said happened.

salivor

First Grade
He broke it by Luke Pattern standing on it.
BTW Dennis Scott of the Bulldogs said the surface was fine and was better than the Telstra Stadium surface.