What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Now link as yet but got a message from someone close to the club saying the Sandow has made his decision to go to Parramatta...shame that

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
if true i feel sorry for him. we all know where he wants to be... and we all know how much para will wreck his career

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i heard elsewhere he has sign with souths... son't believe anything till a press conference is held

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
if true i feel sorry for him. we all know where he wants to be... and we all know how much para will wreck his career

Yeah right the eels have recked the career of many players over the years. yep we are the crap factory, here are some players that have joined the eels and became better players;

- Widders, reserve grade to best bench player in the game
- Fui, souths player who could not make the reserve grade bench , now a test player with the eels
- Mckinnion, reserve grade at souths to one of the best fullbacks in the game with the eels
- Robson, crap but a better player then he was when he joined us
- John Morris, reserve grade winger to valued untity
- Brad drew - reserve hooker, to one of the best
= Jason taylor - reserve halfback to a grand final
- Alan Chan, reserve NORTH sydney to test player

Yep this is only a small list, I can understand your frustration if Sandow does leave ( I hate clubs losing players they have developed), but don't talk sh*t that the eels turn players into crap ones.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Have to agree with Josh here, Eels dont really do that, tbh its shared between the whole NRL, with the exception of perhaps Melbourne and Brisbane (they havent had too much if they have had any turn sour at them places). Referring to your first post though Aaron, Sandow is going there and has signed from what i heard (close close source), though he has the option to pull the plug on it, but its just about sealed.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Yeah right the eels have recked the career of many players over the years. yep we are the crap factory, here are some players that have joined the eels and became better players;

- Widders, reserve grade to best bench player in the game
- Fui, souths player who could not make the reserve grade bench , now a test player with the eels
- Mckinnion, reserve grade at souths to one of the best fullbacks in the game with the eels
- Robson, crap but a better player then he was when he joined us
- John Morris, reserve grade winger to valued untity
- Brad drew - reserve hooker, to one of the best
= Jason taylor - reserve halfback to a grand final
- Alan Chan, reserve NORTH sydney to test player

Yep this is only a small list, I can understand your frustration if Sandow does leave ( I hate clubs losing players they have developed), but don't talk sh*t that the eels turn players into crap ones.

i didn't say the eels make players worse. simply that it's my opinion that the eels aren't a team where sandow will thrive.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Have to agree with Josh here, Eels dont really do that, tbh its shared between the whole NRL, with the exception of perhaps Melbourne and Brisbane (they havent had too much if they have had any turn sour at them places). Referring to your first post though Aaron, Sandow is going there and has signed from what i heard (close close source), though he has the option to pull the plug on it, but its just about sealed.

i believe by the current player transfer rules, souths have until june 30 to make a counter offer before it is finalised

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Why this is the case, Souths cant offer much more, while Parra have a fair amount left under their cap, so even if we were to raise out bid, Parra would bit higher, resulting in the same situation...money or loyalty

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ain-chris-sandow/story-e6frg7mf-1226048315858
1. It was bard to tell the bigger star at Homebush on Friday night - Chris Sandow or Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber played at Acer Arena on Friday night and had eggs thrown at him on stage. Sandow played at ANZ Stadium on the same night. The only thing thrown at Sandow was plaudits. The Rabbitohs half has always been a player of immense talent but on this form he is maturing into a halfback who can control and influence the outcome of a game. No wonder Parramatta is trying so hard to steal him away. Sandow is expected to make his decision in the next day or so and both clubs are confident they have their man. On Friday night’s evidence, whoever wins the Sandow lottery has a halfback capable of taking a side to a premiership in years to come

3. Ben Ross is on the market and he only has himself to blame
Here’s what Ben Ross tweeted to the world on Sunday: “Crazy last 5 days. Beat Sharks Fri & being off contract this season just found out I have no future contract with Souths. Hope this changes!” Here’s the point. Ross only has himself to blame. Souths insiders say Ross had an option in his contract in his own favour that expired on Saturday night. He could have taken that up and the Rabbitohs would have honoured the deal. But when Ross failed to exercise his option, holding out for more money, he left the ball in the Rabbitohs court. And they opted to cut Ross loose. No-one could begrudge them that. When Ross was struggling to find a club, his career threatened by a neck injury, Souths came to his rescue. The problem is they now have other issues to address. For starters, the club is struggling to retain Chris Sandow in the face of a massive offer from Parramatta. The money they reserved for Ross can now be used to keep Sandow at Redfern or find a replacement on the open market. Be honest, faced with a choice between Ross and Sandow, which way would you go?
A bit more optimism than most recent articles. Perhaps Ross not exercising his option is a gamechanger? It could free up enough money to make our offer to Sandow attractive enough.

And if it's true that both teams are confident they've got him, I think that's a good sign for us. He plays for us, shows up to work every day for us, I think we'd have a better idea about his decision at this stage than they would.

But still I'm trying not to get my hopes up, I'll guess we'll see in the days to come.

natheel

Coach
Wasn't Ross on a small contract? Parra will still be able to outbid them. Souths made the mistake of resigning sutton

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I hope your wrong, we really need to go all out for Sandow he's starting to really hit his straps and begin the road to forfilling his potential.

you guys can persevere with mortimer... it would kill me if we stuck by sandow for 3 years of mediocrity and let him go when he finally started to reach his potential

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wasn't Ross on a small contract? Parra will still be able to outbid them. Souths made the mistake of resigning sutton
Anything he was due to make in 2012 over 55k is money that can now go to Sandow. The number I heard for Ross was 115k.

If the 2 competing offers were 333k a year from the Eels and 250k a year from us, all of a sudden we can offer maybe 300-310k. That's still maybe 100k less over the length of the contract, but hopefully close enough for him to choose us.