What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sao is snapped up

Sao is snapped up
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/spo...napped-up/

BOOM New Zealand Warriors prop Ligi Sao has signed a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

The Manurewa Marlins junior made the headlines recently after allegedly being bitten on the wrist by Cronulla Sharks Toyota Cup player Daniel Moroko.

Considered one of the hottest prospects in the NRL, Sao was part of the Warriors' under-20s grand final winning team last season and will join Geoff Toovey's top squad in 2013.

Manly recruitment manager David Warwick was elated to secure 20-year-old Sao.

"Ligi is one of the leading front rowers in the Toyota Cup," he said.

"He plays long minutes and he has great speed combined with great skill.

"He's very excited about the opportunity to play with the senior, world-class players here and he's determined to make a go of it.

"We're looking forward to watching him develop under Tooves (coach Geoff Toovey) and the team.

"We've identified some top young talent in Michael Chee Kam, Clinton Gutherson, Jake Trbojevic and now Ligi, so our future certainly looks bright."

00024804-leadimage.jpg

6e2ea5944244dbb306b3b8bd0930d688_resized.jpg

Sao has impressed me a lot. It's a shame we lost him, but we can't keep them all. I live in Manly territory, so the first thing I saw on the back page of the paper was the article. Got me pretty annoyed, but that's rugby league for you.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Gutted- guess there is a lot of guys blocking his path to first grade at the warriors. Great signing for you guys- gun player

zombie jesus

Staff member
Yeah we have some openings coming up shortly with the age of our front row and Lussick off to gamble his way through Parra.

Didgi

Really? 9 posts without a lame pun?

Something something rain something soggy Sao.

Didgi

Set pissers? I like to take one as soon as I get up, but I wouldn't call it a set thing.

Patorick

Staff member
Cracker of a signing that one.

Hope he turns out better than Dallas Rennie...

(One of Lowie's best he.)

firechild

First Grade
After losing Lussick, Marie-Hargeaves and Tasi it's good to see we're signing a front rower to plan for the departure of King and Kite.

Didgi

Seriously though... how far off would he be to a spot? Will have to compete with the only shining lights in your 20s too, Jake Trunpronounceable and Lemalu. If Lemalu was to get a run he'd have to be one of the first WA juniors in the comp, probably the first genuine one.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Apparently youve also signed pita hiku from us- gun winger/ fullback. So now you've signed our best u20s forward and our best u20s back ( aside from Omar- although a lot of people rate hiku above Omar) so I hope your happy with yourselves- farked if I know what our club are doin. with our 20s being so successful we can't keep them all but these two were definitely keepers IMO

Apparently youve also signed pita hiku from us- gun winger/ fullback. So now you've signed our best u20s forward and our best u20s back ( aside from Omar- although a lot of people rate hiku above Omar) so I hope your happy with yourselves- farked if I know what our club are doin. with our 20s being so successful we can't keep them all but these two were definitely keepers IMO

As you said we cant keep em all and our team is FG squad is already bursting at the seams with inexperience.

And to be honest, how many of our juniors who have gone to other clubs actually gone on to do ANYTHING yet? Ioane, likiliki,Mika, Gavet, Niko to name but 5... all highly rated, all languishing in reserve grade Sao and especialyl Hiku will just be two names to add to that list.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
As you said we cant keep em all and our team is FG squad is already bursting at the seams with inexperience.

And to be honest, how many of our juniors who have gone to other clubs actually gone on to do ANYTHING yet? Ioane, likiliki,Mika, Gavet, Niko to name but 5... all highly rated, all languishing in reserve grade Sao and especialyl Hiku will just be two names to add to that list.

I disagree.... its bursting at the seems... but with backrowers.
Henry, Ikahihifo, Lousi, Palavi, Taukieaho...

I rate Sao better than (at least) Henry, Ikahihifo & Lousi and he is a prop.
A position we need to keep on developing.

As for Hiku ... he has easily outpeformed omar and more hon

As for the others many of those have failed.. .because jnr warriors coaching staff have though short term fix as opposed to long term development.
They never were developed properly in NYC or never had it.