What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SARL Results

ATOWN2

Juniors
Any updated news?
No decisions have been made as far as I'm aware. NRL SA is a complete shit show.

SA will not be entering a team in the 2022 Combined Affiliated States Championships, which start tomorrow. No SA teams entered for either Under 17s or Seniors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez I thought they didnt give a sht about WA, their total neglect of SA is complete incompetence!
Still nrl got a surplus last year so all good I suppose?

ATOWN2

Juniors
Geez I thought they didnt give a sht about WA, their total neglect of SA is complete incompetence!
Still nrl got a surplus last year so all good I suppose?
League is almost dead in SA. It's gone downhill ever since the Rams left, but recently it's gone to shit ever since the Bulldogs got kicked out of the comp at the end of the 2017 season. In 2017 there were five Senior teams and the Bulldogs and Roosters both had reserve teams. In 2018 the Bulldogs were kicked from the comp, the Tigers folded and a new team called the Storm was bought in...The Storm forfeited most of their games in a four team comp! Prior to the Bulldogs you had the Henley Raiders that folded. When clubs fold not all players just decide to move to another club. Some are lost to the game forever and it's also the loss of volunteers etc. that all clubs need to run successfully.

In 2022 there were five Senior teams and only 8 games were played throughout the season. The Roosters were a joke and had some of their most experienced players relocate to the Eels. The Bulldogs are a shadow of themselves and struggled to field a team for several games. The Black Swans are based out at Murray Bridge, which is about 80km out of the CBD and are reliant on some old heads that will be hanging up the boots soon. And well we all saw the brawl with the Eels so who knows whether they'll even be allowed in the comp for 2023.

1664287366413.png

I hate to be negative but FFS in a city with 1.2 million people surely you should be able to run a half decent comp and have basic shit like a website and more than 8 games...It's one thing not to build, but it's another to literally regress.