What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Gale passes away

Booyah

Bench
Condolences to him and his family. :cry:

I didn't see much of him at all, just a few clips on Boots 'n All and stuff like that.

I also feel badly for Benny Elias, the poor bloke was one of his best mates and looked after him until the end. He'd be heartbroken right now.

iggy plop

First Grade
He used to remind me of Benny Elias - similar facial features.

My fave Scott Gale period was his Norths years. Loved the chip and chase.

R.I.P

The Colonel

Immortal
The game bids farewell to Scott Gale
By Steve Mascord
March 23, 2004

"I left him this morning, saw him with a big smile on his face looking very peaceful, surrounded by a massive amount of people," Ben Elias said last night.

Former Kangaroos hooker Elias was one of many former teammates who gathered to farewell Scott Gale, the long-serving first-grader with five clubs who died yesterday, aged 39, after a battle with motor neurone disease.

In his final years, the clever half, five-eighth or centre raised money and awareness of the affliction and was a motivational speaker for the NSW State of Origin team last year.

"I don't know anyone who didn't like him, never have," Elias said.

Gale played 158 first-grade games, including Balmain's 1988 grand final, from 1983-92.

greeneyed

First Grade
Scott Gale didn't play with the Raiders for long, but he was a good player for us. It is sad he has been taken before he even turned 40. Condolences from all Raiders fans to his family and friends.

Fibroman

First Grade
There is an old cliche " The good die young ". Having watched my closest mate die of cancer last year at the age of 38, I can totally understand how Scott's family and friends would be feeling. He was a great player on the field, and I have heard nothing but positive remarks about his character and what a champion bloke he was off the paddock.

Wests is Best

Juniors
RIP Scotty!
Best memories of Scott is the already mentioned try he scored in the 1986 playoff for 5th against Norths. 2 chips over the top in the one play. MAGIC!! Without his effort that day Norths would of won.
The other moment was a National Panasonic Cup match against Combined Brisbane. Although it was only a 1st round Mid-week match, the atmosphere was like a grand final with the up and coming tigers with Pearce, Elias, Roach, Jack and Gale up against Internationals like Lewis, Conescu, Dowling, Scott and Lindner. The game was neck and neck, but after a Conlon penalty goal put the tigers in front by a point, with about 15 to go, Brisbane kicked off, and Jack received the ball on the tryline, made a half break before linking up with Bridge. Bridge was quickly covered, but offloaded to Scotty Gale, who had to outpace the defence to run 60 metres to score under the posts. The crowd went bolistic at Leichhardt! That was in 1985 and Gale went on to win the Player of the series that year.
Great memories for me :)

Latest posts