What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottwood Trust 7's aren't too far away

AliN

Live Update Team
Courtesy of the NZRL...

2007 SCOTTWOOD TRUST NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE SEVENS TOURNAMENT
The New Zealand Rugby League will once again be holding the 2007 Scottwood Trust National Rugby League Sevens Tournament over two days on the 3rd and 4th February at North Harbour Stadium, Albany, Auckland.
Twenty Four teams will take part in the Sevens Tournament which includes the 10 Bartercard Cup franchises, 12 Provincial teams, the NZ Defence Force and for the first time, the NZ Universities.
Teams are spread over six pools, each playing a round robin within their pool on Saturday. Finals Day on Sunday will see qualifiers 17 to 24 play-off for the Scottwood Bowl, qualifiers 9 to 16 play-off for the Scottwood Plate and pool winners along with qualifiers 7 and 8 will play-off for the Scottwood Cup.

Details are as follows:
Dates: Saturday 3 & Sunday 4 February 2007
Venue: North Harbour Stadium Albany Auckland
Times: Saturday: 9.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday: 9.00am – 4.00pm

Tickets: Adults: $10.00 per day
Child (Under 16): $5.00 per day
Family Pass: $20.00 per day (2 Adults & 3 Kids)
2 Day Pass: $15.00 (Adult)
Kids (Under 12): FREE

GATE SALES ONLY – AVAILABLE AT GATE B ON THE DAY

Humphrey

Juniors
Ventured over the bridge to check out the games and was impressed by the talent and closeness of the comp. Some of those provincial sides are well up there. Was impressed imparticularly by Otogo and the Naki

Herd a rumour going round that the NZRL are canning the event due to the money

And would you believe the competition was to find the winning team to go forward to the St Marys 7s in Aussie but the NZRL canned that as well only advising teams on the day. Herd the Lions who won the Cup are dirty on the organisers and sides like Gisbourne and Wellington unimpressed and say why would anyone of bothered if the incentive wasnt there

Hang your head in shame NZRL

Skinner

Coach
That is absolutely disgraceful. Mind you, it's not the first time they have dangled a carrot
and pulled it at the last moment. The District Leagues surely have to wake up and
smell the sewer.

I did notice on the St Marys draw, published on this site on Friday, that there was no
NZ team to be seen. A rat like smell became all pervading.

AliN

Live Update Team
that is really sad.
The NZRL have all this talent to promte and encourage but what incentive is there for these young guys to stay..

Lossy

Juniors
You know, I'm a critical person by nature. Hard as it is, I try to be neutral and even-handed so as to avoid being reactionary. I've been aware that anything the NZRL has done wrong I've latched on to, and, in some cases, maybe I was not allowing the benefit of the doubt. I mean, they are contributing to the game in ways that I'm not, although maybe there is a point where more harm is being done than good.

But when I read stuff like this, maybe a figurative lynching is not so bad an idea after all.

My main thought as to why the district leagues don't rise up as one and slay those in charge is battered wife syndrome. The husband comes home with money to feed the kids and deep down is a "good fella" -- so what's a few bruises when you're dependant on them?

Skinner

Coach
Not sure about "figurative" PB. I'm at the stage of going for the actual....](*,)

Lossy

Juniors
Skinner said:
Not sure about "figurative" PB. I'm at the stage of going for the actual....](*,)

We'll need to elect new representatives then, Skinner... hey, wait a minute. Are you going all Bainimarama on us? :shock:

Skinner

Coach
Polar Bob said:
We'll need to elect new representatives then, Skinner... hey, wait a minute. Are you going all Bainimarama on us? :shock:

Now there's an idea PB.....the Beasley Ave Coup d'tah......you haven't got any tanks
lying around have you :sarcasm:

Lossy

Juniors
Skinner said:
Now there's an idea PB.....the Beasley Ave Coup d'tah......you haven't got any tanks lying around have you :sarcasm:

All out I'm afraid... but I'll bring the chips. Should be more than enough people to do the job if it coincides with a Warriors home game, although that may need more chips than I can handle.

Stiff07nz

Juniors
I played for Otago 7's
We also found out that no team would be going to the St.Marys 7's. Yes we were a little disappointed, but at the same time it gives smaller provinical sides like our selves the opportunity to mix it with some of the better bartercard cup teams, and test our selves.
I think its a great tournament that in time could be even better.
Big ups to our boys who played most of the tournament with only 9 players. Opting not to use the player pool

Humphrey

Juniors
Your team did bonza making the Cup section mate

Just hope your blokes get another shot as herd the rumour the 7s also on the scrap heap