What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotty versus Luke

Bet Brian Smith watches this game with great interest. It is quite amazing that the Daily Telegraph hasn't made a bigger deal of this yet. I anticipate they will before Sunday's game. What do you guys generally think about these two blokes and their overall ability. I think Walshy is superior at running and passing but Dureau kills it with his kicking game. Scott is terrific at running the boys around the park in an organised fashion. I see our kick chase game being on song on Sunday due to Scotty's long and accurate boot. We can't give Jennings any field position cheaply.

Alex28

Coach
My guess as to why the Telegraph hasn't made a bigger issue of the Scott v Luke thing is that in reality nobody outside of the Knights fan base give a toss about two overrated nuffy halfbacks and the finals series is what everyone really cares about.

macavity

Referee
My guess as to why the Telegraph hasn't made a bigger issue of the Scott v Luke thing is that in reality nobody outside of the Knights fan base give a toss about two overrated nuffy halfbacks and the finals series is what everyone really cares about.

how can they be overrated when the majority seem to think they are shyte?

Yosh

Coach
I mean sure the halfback battle isnt that interesting for the media but realistically the finals do start a week early for both clubs. PLUS it is the return of the prodigal son isnt it? They had an article about last laugh etc etc...

I think its a big match up. Did they ever play up Kimmorley vs Joey in the past?

jb2

Juniors
There was talk ages ago that Luke Walsh was going to be absolutely huge.
In the handfull of games I have seen him play I am really happy that he is not in the Knights anymore, I fail to see what value he adds to the NRL. Every time he gets the ball he just instantly flicks it straight to someone else instead of doing what any reasonable halfback would normally do or atleast try to do.

Yosh

Coach
There was talk ages ago that Luke Walsh was going to be absolutely huge.
In the handfull of games I have seen him play I am really happy that he is not in the Knights anymore, I fail to see what value he adds to the NRL. Every time he gets the ball he just instantly flicks it straight to someone else instead of doing what any reasonable halfback would normally do or atleast try to do.

I would disagree with you sorry. In my opinon he is a poor man's Jamie Soward. He takes on the line often to my memory... He just is tiny and gets smashed in defence plus he gets injured every 3rd game that's his only problem. Also his kicks don't go that far...

Joker's Wild

Coach
I would disagree with you sorry. In my opinon he is a poor man's Jamie Soward. He takes on the line often to my memory... He just is tiny and gets smashed in defence plus he gets injured every 3rd game that's his only problem. Also his kicks don't go that far...

Has he missed a game for Penrith all year due to injury?

abpanther

Staff member
Has he missed a game for Penrith all year due to injury?

No.

From what I have seen of him, his organisational skills are good, he is effective when he takes the line on but doesn't do it often enough, early in the season he was giving our back rowers and outside backs some nice clean ball but lately all he does is turn it back inside. His kicking game and defense has been terrible.

roopy

Referee
Ironically, the best football i've seen from these two guys is when they team up together.
They read each other like a book and put on some incredible plays between them - so it will be very interesting to see how that affects the way they oppose each other.

I expect Dureau and Mullen to be able to predict what Walsh will do two plays ahead, and it could work the other way around as well.

roopy

Referee
No.

From what I have seen of him, his organisational skills are good, he is effective when he takes the line on but doesn't do it often enough, early in the season he was giving our back rowers and outside backs some nice clean ball but lately all he does is turn it back inside. His kicking game and defense has been terrible.
Coaches love Walsh because the guy does what the coach wants him to do. If he has put the long pass in the rack and only runs the forwards up the middle - talk to Elliott about it.

roopy

Referee
I dont follow?
Many years ago a sportsman 'on holidays in Mexico' was code for 'on a course of steroids' - comes from America originally i think.
Just a coincidence i'm sure - Smithy wouldn't get a lot of use from steroids.

Latest posts