What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scurrah Hangs up boots.

MKEB...

Staff member
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/better-business/10681264/Warriors-CEO-hangs-up-boots

The Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah is hanging up his boots to join Cullen Investments, the company which owns the rugby league team.
Following nine years as Warriors chief, Scurrah is standing down to become Cullen Investments' chief operating officer starting on November 10.
Former New Zealand Rugby League chief executive Jim Doyle will take up the role as the head of the Warriors.
Cullen Investments is an international private investment company founded by executive chairman Eric Watson in 1995.
It invests in fashion retail, agriculture, real estate, sports and entertainment with interests in New Zealand including Bendon, New Zealand Warriors, Westbury Estate, Soul Bar and premium bloodstock.
Under Scurrah's stewardship, the Warriors achieved significant revenue and profit growth and became the leading club in NRL merchandise sales, selling nearly 50,000 jerseys a year.
Scurrah said he enjoyed his time at the Warriors but was looking forward his new role at Cullen.
"The entrepreneurial approach of the team and the environment is certainly appealing and is something I expect I will enjoy immensely," Scurrah said.

We all know he is leaving.... But to there?
I wonder if Deano will follow.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And he was one of the most philanthropic CEOs in the game, giving away a top-class coach in Ivan Cleary to the Panthers.

Well done Wayne.

MKEB...

Staff member
So, how does one go about marketing jerseys for Cullen investments? Jumpers with Watson and Hotchin logos?

Rich102

Staff member
I believe he is negotiating to move Cullen Investments to Eden Park.