What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea eagles/Rabbits the Big MNF battle

gong_eagle

First Grade
Manly halfback Matt Orford is in doubt to face Souths with a quad injury after being unable to train all week, but Travis Burns remains a chance of returning from a back injury. Souths are expected to be as named.

Dave Q

Coach
CharlieF said:
Its good that we nave Monaghan to replace Orford. Either one will get the job done.

Monas is better than orford.

Not that it will matter, either one will get walloped.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dave Q said:
Monas is better than orford.

Not that it will matter, either one will get walloped.

Walloped by What? A rampaging Cassie angered that she blew her pension betting for Souths instead of plunging it into the pokies at the Bat & Ball?

dikefalos

Juniors
gong_eagle said:
walloped !!

by who :lol:

maybe it my be there really scary halves combination of smith & williams. im sure hasler is really scratching his head trying to work out how to close these two attacking geniuses down.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Dave Q comes in here and throws a few baits around, and all he has got is bite after bite. A bit worried about people downplaying your credentials? Last I looked, Manly had only lost 4 games this year, so of course you are favourites.

That said, you won't smash our forwards, only the Dogs have done that this year, and your pack doesn't wear blue and white. As others have said here, your backs are dangerous, but lets see how they go after a couple beltings.

Good luck to Manly, may the best team win.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Should be a great game

Now that Orford is in doubt im a bit worried cause at least Monna can actually lead the Eagles around. Orford seriously has nothing on him.

Our forwards should be able to contain the eagles quite easy its just a few of your backs that worry me

Stewart is an awesome player and as much as ill hate him on Monday night on Tuesday ill admire his talent.

Lyon is a centre and needs to play centre next week. He is far more dangerous as a centre and as a 5/8 he cant let his skills flow.

That said we have some class in the backs also.

Merritt has the speed and has actually stood Stewart up
Talanoa and Gordan stength size and speed and youth

As the best to the eagles but souths will be hungrier and should win 1 - 12

Everyone get out there and support your team

Dave Q

Coach
Manly are sending on this giant pack ( and thats just the backs) which is all well and good if you playing similarly sized players and you have the skill element.

Souths are sending on a team of noted defensive grinders but also a number of ball players with significant attacking capabilities.

I was watching the Parra/Storm game tonight. The missing element for Parramatta seemed to be one dean widders who runs wide of ruck and can offload, spin, kick, step and pass a ball to just about anyonr in the line.

And thats what I expect the bunnies to do.

Manly have a flathead style of game. Not many of their players are elusive or are genuinely exciting. Maybe Kite, I'll stretch it to the fullback (who should have been the first origin player picked) have that intangible swerve. The rest are head-downers who hang out in kitchens at parties. You'll find the bunnies in the loungeroom chatting up the ladies and dancing all night long!

The jink and dash will all come from the rabbitohs on Monday night and the Manly plodders will facing a harsh reality check.

We will show our fellow top 8 finalists how to beat thee!

gong_eagle

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Souths are sending on a team of noted defensive grinders but also a number of ball players with significant attacking capabilities.

335 points for the season at an average of 15.22 (ranked 16th)

ok I believe you :lol:

woodyk2

First Grade
Be a close game this one i reckon. Two good forward packs but Manly has the fitness and the backs to put Souths away.
Some delusional posters in this thread ive noticed.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
dikefalos said:
question:
how manly souths players would make the current manly 17.

answer:
one- roy asotasi stop him & you stop the entire souths 17 the rest dont really matter.

How many would make the Manly 17??? and you say one. Dreaming. Look at your bench for FFS! Widders, Sutton, Fa'alogo, Merritt (on the wing), Cusack and Vagana would make it IMO. :cool:

Quite simply Manly are a better team this year and are in better form but but we'll see if they are the better team on Monday Night.

willvillain

Juniors
Jack Off said:
How many would make the Manly 17??? and you say one. Dreaming. Look at your bench for FFS! Widders, Sutton, Fa'alogo, Merritt (on the wing), Cusack and Vagana would make it IMO. :cool:

Wouldn't bother with Sutton. Fa'alogo would definately get a run off the bench. I would have no place for Merritt. Robbo and Hicks are both playing better footy, scoring more tries and safer across the park.

Where would Vagana play? We already have 3 representative centres. Don't need one who is fading.

Cusack is a very strong player, but I wouldn't have any space for him. Roy/Kite/King.

Roy and Fa'alogo would make a combined side for mine.

But the same goes for the reverse. How many Manly players would you have in your side? Obviously not 15 of them. You might take 3 or 4.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
The Rabbits are despeate and committed. I believe the Sea Eagles need to be more desperate to win this.

With a flat Storm comming up against an in form Bulldogs outfit next week, the Sea Eagles can put themselves in great position to win the minor premiership. A big win against the Rabbits and a Storm loss next week will put the Sea Eagles in prime position.

The Sea Eagles beat the Rabbits by just 12 points in round 14. I wonder how committed they are to winning that minor premiership???

Bumble

First Grade
willvillain said:
But the same goes for the reverse. How many Manly players would you have in your side? Obviously not 15 of them. You might take 3 or 4.

That's a fair point. I'd take Stewart, Monaghan, Menzies, Watmough and Bell.

Latest posts