What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think you’re right. Real shame about Liddle, he looked better then he did all last year in the couple of trials. Guess we’ll see what Jake Simpkin has, will get at least 4 games in the 9. My guess is this what we’ll see for Round 1:

1. Laurie
  2. Maumalo
  3. Gildart
  4. Roberts
  5. Nofoaluma
  6. Hastings
  7. Brooks
  8. Utoikamanu
  9. Simpkin
  10. Twal
  11. Tuilagi
  12. Leilua
  13. Ofahengaue
  14. Peachey
  15. Mikaele
  16. Musgrove
  17. Seyfarth
Very likely the best team we can currently field.Hence we r in massive trouble & extremely likely in for another long/shit season.I like the bench but extremely dislike the useless soft prick Ofahengue.We need to find a way to move the pea heart on & make sure we retain Tuilagi.Additionally the 3/4’s & the halfback are enormous liabilities.Love them to prove me wrong !

Tigerm

First Grade
I think you’re right. Real shame about Liddle, he looked better then he did all last year in the couple of trials. Guess we’ll see what Jake Simpkin has, will get at least 4 games in the 9. My guess is this what we’ll see for Round 1:

1. Laurie
  2. Maumalo
  3. Gildart
  4. Roberts
  5. Nofoaluma
  6. Hastings
  7. Brooks
  8. Utoikamanu
  9. Simpkin
  10. Twal
  11. Tuilagi
  12. Leilua
  13. Ofahengaue
  14. Peachey
  15. Mikaele
  16. Musgrove
  17. Seyfarth
No Garner? Or is he injured?

Already mentioned.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
1. Laurie
2. Nofa
3. JTJ
4. Gidart
5. Malo
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Stefano
9. Simpkin
10. Twal
11. Tuilagi
12. Luciano "Still the f**king Man" Leilua
13. Peachy

14. Ofa
15. Musgrove
16. Seyfarth
17. Rua

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Laurie
2. Nofa
3. JTJ
4. Gidart
5. Malo
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Stefano
9. Simpkin
10. Twal
11. Tuilagi
12. Luciano "Still the f**king Man" Leilua
13. Peachy

14. Ofa
15. Musgrove
16. Seyfarth
17. Rua

I'd swap Ofa and Peachy but this is pretty close to our best available side.

super_coach

First Grade
I would play Maden at 14, and have either Brooks or Hastings play nine when Simkins needs a break. Not sold on The Peach at D/H

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've never seen the value of having a half/utility on the bench unless it's a must-win game and you can't risk an mid-game injury. Dummy half is such an important role and none of our 9s can play 80 minutes. Would much rather see Simpkin and Rua tag team it up and have Peachy at 13. If there is an injury then simply move Peachy to 2nd Row or Centre (shuffling centre/wing if wing/fullback injured) and have a bench forward move to 13.

I think putting Madden on our bench is going to hamper his game. Would much rather seem him wearing the 7 jersey in reserve grade until he gets the call up as a starting half

Pezz70

Juniors
Give that Rua kid a shot off the bench. Let him grab it with both hands and push his way into the side. He was f**king epic in that trial I would love to see him rewarded
Just looked at the team list he is named on the 10 man interchange bench😂, must be top 30,list on tigers site must need updating. Imagine him and cheese two nuggets cracking each other all day

Tigerm

First Grade
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it?

Coach facing axe as stunning Tigers-Bulldogs player swap ‘conspiracy’ grows​

The Wests Tigers have been urged to move on from halfback Luke Brooks and it appears that could happen in the form of a stunning player swap with a rival team.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph’sPaul Kent, who has reported that the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are interested in the 27-year-old’s services.

In return, the Tigers would receive halfback Kyle Flanagan, who is currently playing in reserve grade with no clear NRL comeback in sight at Belmore.

But that is not all.

Kent wrote that the Bulldogs’ interest in Brooks is “part of a bigger conspiracy”.

Kent adds that there is a “right bower” to this deal — that Kyle’s father Shane would also arrive at the Tigers to replace Michael Maguire as coach.

The Rosco

Bench
I renig, cheat then fold.
I dont wanna play euchre with those 2.
I don't care if you have a religion or not . . . or which religion you subscribe to. Join me in prayer so this don't happen. " In the name of the Father . . .."

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member

The Wests Tigers have been urged to move on from halfback Luke Brooks and it appears that could happen in the form of a stunning player swap with a rival team.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph’sPaul Kent, who has reported that the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are interested in the 27-year-old’s services.

In return, the Tigers would receive halfback Kyle Flanagan, who is currently playing in reserve grade with no clear NRL comeback in sight at Belmore.

But that is not all.

Kent wrote that the Bulldogs’ interest in Brooks is “part of a bigger conspiracy”.

Kent adds that there is a “right bower” to this deal — that Kyle’s father Shane would also arrive at the Tigers to replace Michael Maguire as coach.
As a neutral it would be an interesting swap. Brooks and Burton wouldn't work imo. I think Flanno jnr could be a good player, he must have pissed in Tbaz's cornflakes.

If the reported contracts are somewhere near accurate, I'd be offering up Brooks for Flanno only if they tossed in Avarillo.

Laurie
Ken
Avarillo
Jet
Nofo
Douhi
Flanno
Hastings
Tuilagi
Papali'i
Stef
Api
Twal

Has the bones of a competitive side.

This sounds like a load of crap. They had the opportunity to offload Brooks to Newcastle in the off season and didn't take it. They had all the information they needed to know about Brooks then. If this happens the entire management needs to go.

In my opinion I just want him gone. I don't need anything in return from Canterbury. Just take him away. Give madden the rest of the season to see what he can do

Tigerm

First Grade
This sounds like a load of crap. They had the opportunity to offload Brooks to Newcastle in the off season and didn't take it. They had all the information they needed to know about Brooks then. If this happens the entire management needs to go.

In my opinion I just want him gone. I don't need anything in return from Canterbury. Just take him away. Give madden the rest of the season to see what he can do
It is from the Telegraph, so it’s probably just a guess and isn’t Flanno senior on the Fox shows with the author?

Fordy20

Juniors
Quite frankly, I think it’s bullshit. Just media muppets getting high off the smell of their own farts.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

But that is not all.

Don't care. We will still get the spoon this year, maybe next year as well. Finishing 9th is a few years away yet.