What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Review, Players To watch,Impact, Players to Go for.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
I like doing one of these after every season. I prefer to do one after a better season, but it has been an enjoyable season for me so far in some aspects.

If someone had told Nathan Brown at the start of the year, that he will have trent for approx 6 games, Ryles for 10, Gas for 10, Roberts for 8, thommo for 15, Goz for none. He would not have taken on the job. LOL.

There are positives to come out of the year, that dont make an excuse good enough for this seasons performances, but they indicate better things to come in the future.

Sims was supposed to play 4 games this year, as was Dean young, Wilshire. Etc.. We Got to blood talented juniors like Henderson, Howell, Head all from Jersey Flegg, and Straight to first Grade. But they had been asked to play a lot more football than expected in the top Grade.

Breeding juniors in the top grade is a great thing for the player and the future of the club, but you can not have these players up for such a long time expecting them to perform week in week out. Jersey flegg to first grade is similar to Primary School Vs High School.

The pressure is way too much for these kids to bear. You can throw one in every now and then for a couple of games, to mix it with the regulars, whilst winning this gives them confidence.

We had to use them this year, because there was no one else to use. That was a sad endictment of what has happened to the dragons this year, and the finals will not be the same without the dragons there. At Near Full strength the dragons were capable of beating all the top sides by hefty margins.

We had Zero stability in 2003 and that was the same pattern as 2001/2002. U can not do well in this competition, unless you can provide players playing close to 20 games + Each for the season.

All the clubs that have are in front of the Dragons. We outperformed every other club in our situation. But that is no comfort to our army of fans.

I think the round 26 game against the Broncos showed that with No pressure, this team could do anything on the day, as long as they were in red and White. We know they have the talent, But the pressures they faced were too great for theur young shoulders.

I think there were quite a few outstanding performances in 2003.

Brett Firman
Dean Young
Luke Bailey
Ben Hornby
Lance Thompson
Ashton Sims
Matt Cooper
Mark Riddell

All these Guys can hold there heads up high, as they performed well in 2003. Pig had a slow start to the season, but came good in the back end of the year.

From the Juniors I saw a kid that will play a vital role in the backhalf of 2004, and Will be the answer to our prayers if he is fit and raring to go. Justin Poore, will be a Superstar and will definately have a big hand in 2004. He is massive and mobile. he is very similar to Sims, and Bailey.

Both SIms and Poore look like twins and play like twins. They are Super agressive, and Dominating. With a couple of years under their Belts, they will become very very special footballers.
We Will boast the Best pack in the comp by a long way in 2004 and Beyond.
Ryles, Pig, Bailey, Thommo, Poore, Timmins.. With Howell, Young, Kite Perenara, Norrie, Henderson, Gorrell. we are looking very healthy in the pack.

We all hope Wes N rises to the challenge in 2004. But Ben Creagh is special, he is a big talent. He got enough time to shine in the years ahead. He had a hard time of it in his first couple of games, but finished the year of Superbly.

D Howell, played more than what he was able to , but he like others will benefit from the experience.

Players to go for, I feel are players that are unwanted by other clubs, that deserve to be in First grade.
Players like John Carlaw who can cover Centre and Winger very well is the first player I would go for. He is Super backup, and a good footballer.
Logan Swann is another. John Wilshon is a Good talent as well.

We Need good backup in the 5/8, Centre, Winger positions.

My Big Tip for 2004 is Justin poore.

My Favourite squad in 2004 is.

Ben Hornby
Nathan Blacklock
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Ben Creagh

Trent Barrett
Brett Firman

Timmins
Thommo
Poore
Ryles
Riddell
Bailey
------------
Sims
Kite
Young
M.Howell
-----------------------

Impact Players..

Nathan Long
Simpson, If he is going around. He showed what I had been saying all season. We needed Boofheads with Mongrel. Long is one, Simspson is another. I say Keep him.

The Above is a Powerfull lineup.

Give Firman and Baz more than 15 GAMES together and All fit during the finals, And id that's the case, I think we will be minor premiers and Premiers in 2004. But can we get the above squad to play a Minimum of 20 Games each in 2004 ??? I Doubt it. But what we do need is the majoirty to do so, and the ones that dont, are covered. This year we had too many at the same time out for Extended Periods.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree 100%

its like you stole the words right out of my mouth

which means you are 100% right

Alan Shore

First Grade
dimitri said:
i agree 100%

its like you stole the words right out of my mouth

which means you are 100% right

The stench of the arrogance can be smelt from afar, but of course, Dimitri can be smelt from anywhere in Sydney.

dimitri

First Grade
its a little hard for you to comment since you aren't in sydney

but i can tell you that the shire can be smelt from all around sydney

:eek:

ForestDragon

Juniors
8) Good points Stgillaman ,that squad of players can do a lot of damage to the opposition in 2004.If we do not of a horror show of key injuries again, the Dragons will be a force.Sims will be an awesome player and Creagh also has a big future. ;-)

Stgillaman said:
I like doing one of these after every season. I prefer to do one after a better season, but it has been an enjoyable season for me so far in some aspects.

If someone had told Nathan Brown at the start of the year, that he will have trent for approx 6 games, Ryles for 10, Gas for 10, Roberts for 8, thommo for 15, Goz for none. He would not have taken on the job. LOL.

There are positives to come out of the year, that dont make an excuse good enough for this seasons performances, but they indicate better things to come in the future.

Sims was supposed to play 4 games this year, as was Dean young, Wilshire. Etc.. We Got to blood talented juniors like Henderson, Howell, Head all from Jersey Flegg, and Straight to first Grade. But they had been asked to play a lot more football than expected in the top Grade.

Breeding juniors in the top grade is a great thing for the player and the future of the club, but you can not have these players up for such a long time expecting them to perform week in week out. Jersey flegg to first grade is similar to Primary School Vs High School.

The pressure is way too much for these kids to bear. You can throw one in every now and then for a couple of games, to mix it with the regulars, whilst winning this gives them confidence.

We had to use them this year, because there was no one else to use. That was a sad endictment of what has happened to the dragons this year, and the finals will not be the same without the dragons there. At Near Full strength the dragons were capable of beating all the top sides by hefty margins.

We had Zero stability in 2003 and that was the same pattern as 2001/2002. U can not do well in this competition, unless you can provide players playing close to 20 games + Each for the season.

All the clubs that have are in front of the Dragons. We outperformed every other club in our situation. But that is no comfort to our army of fans.

I think the round 26 game against the Broncos showed that with No pressure, this team could do anything on the day, as long as they were in red and White. We know they have the talent, But the pressures they faced were too great for theur young shoulders.

I think there were quite a few outstanding performances in 2003.

Brett Firman
Dean Young
Luke Bailey
Ben Hornby
Lance Thompson
Ashton Sims
Matt Cooper
Mark Riddell

All these Guys can hold there heads up high, as they performed well in 2003. Pig had a slow start to the season, but came good in the back end of the year.

From the Juniors I saw a kid that will play a vital role in the backhalf of 2004, and Will be the answer to our prayers if he is fit and raring to go. Justin Poore, will be a Superstar and will definately have a big hand in 2004. He is massive and mobile. he is very similar to Sims, and Bailey.

Both SIms and Poore look like twins and play like twins. They are Super agressive, and Dominating. With a couple of years under their Belts, they will become very very special footballers.
We Will boast the Best pack in the comp by a long way in 2004 and Beyond.
Ryles, Pig, Bailey, Thommo, Poore, Timmins.. With Howell, Young, Kite Perenara, Norrie, Henderson, Gorrell. we are looking very healthy in the pack.

We all hope Wes N rises to the challenge in 2004. But Ben Creagh is special, he is a big talent. He got enough time to shine in the years ahead. He had a hard time of it in his first couple of games, but finished the year of Superbly.

D Howell, played more than what he was able to , but he like others will benefit from the experience.

Players to go for, I feel are players that are unwanted by other clubs, that deserve to be in First grade.
Players like John Carlaw who can cover Centre and Winger very well is the first player I would go for. He is Super backup, and a good footballer.
Logan Swann is another. John Wilshon is a Good talent as well.

We Need good backup in the 5/8, Centre, Winger positions.

My Big Tip for 2004 is Justin poore.

My Favourite squad in 2004 is.

Ben Hornby
Nathan Blacklock
Mark Gasnier
Matt Cooper
Ben Creagh

Trent Barrett
Brett Firman

Timmins
Thommo
Poore
Ryles
Riddell
Bailey
------------
Sims
Kite
Young
M.Howell
-----------------------

Impact Players..

Nathan Long
Simpson, If he is going around. He showed what I had been saying all season. We needed Boofheads with Mongrel. Long is one, Simspson is another. I say Keep him.

The Above is a Powerfull lineup.

Give Firman and Baz more than 15 GAMES together and All fit during the finals, And id that's the case, I think we will be minor premiers and Premiers in 2004. But can we get the above squad to play a Minimum of 20 Games each in 2004 ??? I Doubt it. But what we do need is the majoirty to do so, and the ones that dont, are covered. This year we had too many at the same time out for Extended Periods.

A very good post Stgillaman, as most of your efforts are. I hope you’ll stick around this place as you defiantly raise the tone. We don’t have the numbers of the ninemsn forum but we’re growing steadily.

The one advantage that this forum does have is that the Roosters board is just a click away :lol: :lol:

Princess

Juniors
I have to say Ashton Sims has been my stand out rookie this year, next to Firmo who has had a stellar season.
Hope Big Ash has a big off season and comes back bigger and better next year, I hope to see him on the starting side through origin!

Latest posts