What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Review

JDB incident leads to no JDB.

Graham puts in 110% but is no longer as effective as he was earlier in his career.

Tariq Sims is either injured or no longer wants to play for the club/Mary.

Sub standard three quarter line.

Under sized inconsistent full back. Tremendous attacking talent, better coaching may improve him.

And then there is Mary.

Poor game plan.

Poor use of bench.

Zero ability to adapt tactically.

Zero ability to deal with adversity and pressure.

Rigid, stubborn, with an IQ less than my shoe size.

Purpose of Tuesday review will be to deflect mounting pressure on Mary to resign.

getsmarty

Immortal
JDB incident leads to no JDB.

Graham puts in 110% but is no longer as effective as he was earlier in his career.

Tariq Sims is either injured or no longer wants to play for the club/Mary.

Sub standard three quarter line.

Under sized inconsistent full back. Tremendous attacking talent, better coaching may improve him.

And then there is Mary.

Poor game plan.

Poor use of bench.

Zero ability to adapt tactically.

Zero ability to deal with adversity and pressure.

Rigid, stubborn, with an IQ less than my shoe size.

Purpose of Tuesday review will be to deflect mounting pressure on Mary to resign.

McGregor apparently not being discussed on Tuesday....Mate he is as " Safe as Houses in our Boys club "

hazzbeen

Bench
McGregor apparently mot being discussed on tuesday....Mate he is as " Safe as Houses in our Boys club "
So in other words keep bending over and let's cop it for another 2 years ... I suppose if we keep bending over getting bounded it won't hurt as much as we get use to it .....

getsmarty

Immortal
So in other words keep bending over and let's cop it for another 2 years ... I suppose if we keep bending over getting bounded it won't hurt as much as we get use to it .....

Hazz....I.M.H.O the only option is for people to STOP Renewing Memberships and Don't go to games....They are not interested in social media noise.....If Memberships and Crowd numbers drop...it hits them in the hip pocket....Sponsors start to question Value for money in terms of sponsorship....

That is our only option as fans.....I am just about done....I.M.H.O McGregor will survive no matter what happens this year, and depending on results ( he would have to lose the first 8 or so games next year for them to even consider any action....If McGregor is still here next year after Round 15...I think that will be enough for me....I have lost interest in the game...we are so far off the pace because of the idiots who run the joint that it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs goes under in about 5 years....

They don't care...so why should we as fans have this angst ? I no longer get much enjoyment out of watching the NRL...same 2 teams that have the Highest TPA's will be competing for the G.F....

NRL has become an absolute JOKE...and our Club is run worse than a Country Women's lamington drive ...in fact they would be more productive than these imposters.... End of Rant.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hazz....I.M.H.O the only option is for people to STOP Renewing Memberships and Don't go to games....They are not interested in social media noise.....If Memberships and Crowd numbers drop...it hits them in the hip pocket....Sponsors start to question Value for money in terms of sponsorship....

That is our only option as fans.....I am just about done....I.M.H.O McGregor will survive no matter what happens this year, and depending on results ( he would have to lose the first 8 or so games next year for them to even consider any action....If McGregor is still here next year after Round 15...I think that will be enough for me....I have lost interest in the game...we are so far off the pace because of the idiots who run the joint that it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs goes under in about 5 years....

They don't care...so why should we as fans have this angst ? I no longer get much enjoyment out of watching the NRL...same 2 teams that have the Highest TPA's will be competing for the G.F....

NRL has become an absolute JOKE...and our Club is run worse than a Country Women's lamington drive ...in fact they would be more productive than these imposters.... End of Rant.
Right on mate been thinking the same , this need to change soon or they won't survive , they have no idea ....

possm

Coach

Nothing has worked over the past 5 years so, I popose we start targeting players and ask each one of them why they play so poorly. Do it week in and week out eventually they will start spilling the beans. Players will start talking about poor game plans, fatigue, bad selections and bad bench management. They might also talk about the coaches instructons to them. E.g.:
Dufty you are still playing very inconsistent and largely have not resolved your problems with the high ball. Do you have a reason for this?

Frizell you played so well in SOO 3, why did you then play so poorly in the game against the Panthers?

If we can make the above happen, Mary will surely be sacked and the press would pick up on the sensational news.

getsmarty

Immortal
Nothing has worked over the past 5 years so, I popose we start targeting players and ask each one of them why they play so poorly. Do it week in and week out eventually they will start spilling the beans. Players will start talking about poor game plans, fatigue, bad selections and bad bench management. They might also talk about the coaches instructons to them. E.g.:
Dufty you are still playing very inconsistent and largely have not resolved your problems with the high ball. Do you have a reason for this?

Frizell you played so well in SOO 3, why did you then play so poorly in the game against the Panthers?

If we can make the above happen, Mary will surely be sacked and the press would pick up on the sensational news.

Sorry possm...Don't agree in regards to "Targeting players ". You bring up Dufty...he was pretty good under the high ball against Penrith...Dropped one...while being peppered with them all game.....that aside...The problem is the Board...
They a/. Hired McGregor
b/. Are the only ones who have the ability to change the status quo
c/. Are not interested in Fans opinion...At Least doust replied to emails...

ONLY OPTION LEFT...Stop attending games and Don't renew memberships....

possm

Coach
Sorry possm...Don't agree in regards to "Targeting players ". You bring up Dufty...he was pretty good under the high ball against Penrith...Dropped one...while being peppered with them all game.....that aside...The problem is the Board...
They a/. Hired McGregor
b/. Are the only ones who have the ability to change the status quo
c/. Are not interested in Fans opinion...At Least doust replied to emails...

ONLY OPTION LEFT...Stop attending games and Don't renew memberships....
SGI are finally out of debt and what you say will return them to financial difficulties; just the reason the NRL would want to step in and relocate to Wollongong.

Bad press is what the Board would really worry about with sponsors and fans attitude towards the Board and SGI becoming a problem they would not want to deal with.

Players being targeted has the likely effect of Mary losing the dressing room, giving the Board no choice but to replace the players or replace the coach. I would tip it would be replace the coach.

getsmarty

Immortal
SGI are finally out of debt and what you say will return them to financial difficulties; just the reason the NRL would want to step in and relocate to Wollongong.

Bad press is what the Board would really worry about with sponsors and fans attitude towards the Board and SGI becoming a problem they would not want to deal with.

Players being targeted has the likely effect of Mary losing the dressing room, giving the Board no choice but to replace the players or replace the coach. I would tip it would be replace the coach.

With all due respect, don't agree. I don't want to get into a debate about it...you are entitled to your opinion....targeting players will just result in more wanting to leave...

18to87

First Grade
They will talk about Mary and what will need to happen for him to be let go. You can count on it. To give this away in the media would signal to the players that the season is over and while it may be for us fans, the side is still mathematically alive and actually has enough talent to go on a big winning streak.

I wouldn't look into BJ's words too much.

TruSaint

Referee

Mate your love for the club and success is evident, but your suggestion is just not rational.

"Targeting" players will only alienate them. They are paid to play football, not become some in house snitch. If anything such an approach would be detrimental to the Club long term.

Players normally spill any beans when they leave or retire, putting them under the spotlight to account for the board, management and coaching staff is just not feasible nor is it fair on the players.

Imagine asking Frizzell that question ? An international and SOO winner, what you suggest. We cant interrogate players, which is what you are suggesting. I get it. Its a tough time to be a fan, but until the board and management changes course, then we will remain where we are.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

If it weren’t for my kids footy, I’d be exactly the same. They had embittered me, the Dragons. This club is cooked as it stands. We've already relocated. Saint George is dead.

Time to let it go.

Dragons 09

Juniors
It’s not mcgregors fault it’s jdb fault iv heard everything now ...

I reckon they will roll that one out mate. In their eyes that will exonerate coach, squad and management with one flick of the pen. The club knows that there are a lot of supporters that are dirty on Jack and by blaming him for our woes, will see thousands of the delusional "D4L" brigade hailing the club as heroes for taking such a stance.

For those that know the real problem, stay away from sharp implements and cliff edges on Tuesday, i expect you will be infuriated by the findings that emanate from the "crisis meeting".

Latest posts