What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ticket holders

joshreading

Staff member
What sort of figure do you think the Gold Coast should aim for in first year membership? (season ticket holders really)

I really think that the new team needs to take advantage of the hype and try and get people on board as members and build an AFL style mass membership. Encourage it in every way possible, even by maybe trying to sign up a couple years membership?

DIEHARD

----
AFL hold a massive advantage through their large football club memberships.

I doubt the Gold Coast would do something similiar as they are a company and not a football club with members.

Although you could promote similiar packages.

Culturvate that fanbase and try and move away from the transient and volatile crowds rugby league has come to know.

AFL style membership bases provide tremendous stability during periods of dire performances on the field.

DIEHARD

----
Kingytek said:
Will there be a leagues club at the site of the stadium, I really hope there is.

I haven't heard a word about a Leagues Club. But we all know how terribly important they are to rugby league teams and how the lack of one is a serious disadvantage.

I have heard possible allignments with local clubs such as Burleigh and Tweed mooted.

But a Leagues Club dedicated to the Gold Coast should be investigated. If it was viable it would be fantastic.

Kingytek

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
I haven't heard a word about a Leagues Club. But we all know how terribly important they are to rugby league teams and how the lack of one is a serious disadvantage.

I have heard possible allignments with local clubs such as Burleigh and Tweed mooted.

But a Leagues Club dedicated to the Gold Coast should be investigated. If it was viable it would be fantastic.

Well, if they were to have one, it would HAVE to be onsite at the stadium. I like how the Gabba are building a club and a members area/seating into the stadium. (At least I think thats what they are doing)

yankeeboy

Juniors
We'll, if they build the stadium at Robina, I'd just have Burleigh Leagues move to the stadium site, and become Pirates/Titans Leagues. The "Burleigh Bears" could continue as a QLD cup team, with support from GC Leagues, but it's primary purpose should be to get money to the NRL club.

joshreading

Staff member
This whole leagues club dependency is a blight on RL - I actually disagree with membership bases as bing only an AFL thing. What is one valid reason a Rugby League team can't make such a move?

I think the GC should aim for TEN THOUSAND season ticket holders - alot I know but far out the new Western Union side now has 12 thousand holders. We need to put more emphasis upon them - build the base Build strong traditional followings.