What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons most underated/overated

R

roostergirl

Willow how can say that the Aus selectors prefer Craig Wing?? Joey then Sherwin then Wing would be there choices.

MistyBee9-11

Juniors
Well, considering where they were at the start of the year, what they expected to do, and what they ended up doing - here's my thoughts.

OVERRATED:
Brian Smith
Preston Campbell
Bred Drew
George Piggins

UNDERRATED
Stacey Jones
Craig Fitzgibbon
Brad Fittler
Ricky Stuart

Willow

Assistant Moderator
OK RG, I take it back, Craig Wing is the best... way up there with Justin Hodges. ;)
I think Hodges rates Hodges very highly.

R

roostergirl

Willow, don't patronise me.....we all know how much you hate the Roosters and how hard it would be for you to say something nice about any aspect of the club, team whatever :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I dont hate the Roosters. They're sort of middly in my ratings. There are a number of clubs which are ahead in that regard... Sharks, Broncos, Storm, Bulldogs, Souths.. Idon't think I have enough room for Easts. :D;)

imported_Pugs

Juniors
Overrated : Pat Richards & Eric Growth Jnr. Where are they now ??? Neville nobodies

Underrated: Brett Kimmorely, Craig Fitzgibbon

MistyBee9-11

Juniors
Can't do much to enhance your reputation when you are injured, Pugs.

Richards will be back next year, bigger and better than ever. Grothe? I dunno....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perhaps they are overated moreso because they were selected to play for Australia.
Current example: B Tate. :eek:

I have been a great critic of Tate's from his first game, but Bronco convinced me in the chatroom the other day that I am being a bit unfair. All he said was 'he's young, he can learn' and I have to agree with that. He seems to have lots of natural ability but he is tackle shy and is often out of position. He might be a great player some day, but at the moment he doesn't deserve to be in the Aussie side.

Over-rated - Braith Anasta, he is a good player but Sherwin carried him.
Every single back

Under-rated - the Roosters pack
All forwards - back are NOTHING without them.