What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Ashes Test: Lords, 16th July, 2015.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Where is the Pommy plodder? Earth to LeedsRhino...show up or are you going to be a pea heart like Anderson walking off after having 0/99...

Bazal

Post Whore
I think that has to be the end of Bell.

I see Jonny Bairstow scored a ton today in county cricket and has been having a huge season. Would be shocked if he doesn't come in for Bell.

Also expecting them to dump Moeen Ali for Adil Rashid, and maybe replace Lyth - but nobody is really knocking down the door as an opener in the county game.

I think the issue with Ali is that he's batting so low. I don't mind him as a batsman. Steve Smith sucked at 8 as well. Now, Ali is no Smith obviously, but why would you play him so low? He's got to be a better batting option than Bell....maybe Rashid in as the genuine spinner, Bell out, Root to 3 and Ali up the order as a very handy middle order spinning all rounder

undertaker

Coach
oh, come on Ch9!

Why not show the post-match presentation? That sucks! You can stay around and let Tubby interview players and Healy ramble, but not show the presentation. And it's even more funny with Ch9 showing the highlights montage now with the Sky Sports commentary.:lol:

"This has been another presentation from Nine's Wide World of Sports". I didn't know Ch9 were still hiring Richie to announce from the grave.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah that could be an option.

The problem with playing a batsman as a bowler, is it tends to make him bat like one.

What the hell Channel 9, why aren't we getting the presentation?

undertaker

Coach
I think that has to be the end of Bell.

I see Jonny Bairstow scored a ton today in county cricket and has been having a huge season. Would be shocked if he doesn't come in for Bell.

Also expecting them to dump Moeen Ali for Adil Rashid, and maybe replace Lyth - but nobody is really knocking down the door as an opener in the county game.

The only thing that would give the Pommy batting lineup more balls is Kevin Pietersen, but you and I know he will never, ever be selected whilst Andrew Strauss is the chairman of selectors (given the bridges that were burnt between them over the SMS saga behind Strauss' back that led to his retirement). As Sir Geoffrey said before the Ashes, Pietersen provides that bravado and arrogance that is in stark contrast to several in the current batting lineup that surrendered meekly in this test match.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holy crap wake up to check the score and it's all over :lol:

The Rain should be coming soon LeedsWhino :lol:

Mighty mighty Ingerlund!!!

Declaring twice and still winning by over 400, what a hiding.

JJ

Immortal
Wow, pretty feeble from England - series 1-1 after 2, just like the NZ one... :)

Test of character now, will be interesting, and some selection pressure too..

On that, does Haddin get back in when right?

Johnson discovered his mojo too - all the worrying signs for England now

Last edited:

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
anchorman.jpg

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
Holy crap wake up to check the score and it's all over :lol:

The Rain should be coming soon LeedsWhino :lol:

Mighty mighty Ingerlund!!!

Declaring twice and still winning by over 400, what a hiding.

Well done, you don't get extra wins for the margin of victory but i have to say the signs are good for Australia.

England need to get rid of Lyth opening, he's not up to test cricket standard, i'm not a fan of Ballance either you can't expect to win Ashes tests when you're consistently 30-3.

Stokes run out was one of the dumbest things i've ever seen in the Ashes, who the hell does this?

CKSMTKFXAAAyoNw.jpg

Last edited:

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
The Lyth juggernaut averaging 12.5, what a machine, he's got more hair than he does runs.

Him and Ballance are about as useful as a chocolate teapot and waterproof teabag.

blaza88z

Coach
here's the problem for England in this spanking, they took 10 wickets, while we bowled them out twice on the very same pitch meanwhile scoring 405 more runs than they did with a day to spare, to win test matches you have to take 20 wickets

they cannot put out another pitch like that, they have to give Anderson a chance, he didn't take a single wicket in this game, it was basically Broad or nothing

what a f**king spanking

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Lyth juggernaut averaging 12.5, what a machine, he's got more hair than he does runs.

Him and Ballance are about as useful as a chocolate teapot and waterproof teabag.
Surely you have someone better than that Bald Plodder in county cricket???? He makes Sean marsh look like Sangakara in comparison.

shiznit

Coach
Well Done Aussies!!

I told you blokes the poms will get worse as the series goes on... They faded in our series badly.

I also rightly figured you guys had been caught on the hop a little after the caribbean cruise you went on...

Now we await the English doom and gloom...

typicalfan

Coach
Tubby has been ripping into Ballance all series and rightly so. I fear for the quality of test bowling when he averages 50+

jargan83

Coach
Great win by Australia and an extremely pathetic effort from England. The ball from Hazelwood that got Root was a ripper.

Lyth looks completely out of his depth and Ballance is just rubbish. I'm sure Watson loved seeing Marsh chip in with wickets and some quick fire runs in the second dig.

Was disappointed that channel 9 didn't show the presentations.

Latest posts