What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Segs

Special K

Coach
Hooker James Segeyaro has today re-joined the Sharks squad after agreeing to terms on a new one-year deal with the Cronulla Club.

A member of the Sharks squad over the past two seasons, Segeyaro explored his options during the recent off-season however the attraction of remaining in the Sutherland Shire and linking up with his former teammates again was too great, with the new contract for the remainder of 2019.

Sharks Coach John Morris was excited to have the exciting dummy half back at the club just two weeks out from the kick-off to the upcoming season.

“He had opportunity to go to other clubs but he wanted to pull on our jersey again, to play with you boys and to play with the Sharks,” Morris told the playing group upon Segeyaro’s arrival at training today.

“He will add some depth to that position for us this year.”

The addition of Segeyaro will complement the hookers the Sharks have on their books this year, with the Brailey brothers, Jayden and Blayke, continuing to impress over the summer off-season.

Blayke played strongly in the Sharks trial win over the Manly Sea Eagles, while older brother Jayden watched on from the stands with a minor hamstring complaint.

Jayden is expected to play against the Newcastle Knights this weekend, with Sharks training and medical staff to assess Segeyaro’s fitness before any decisions are made as to his ability to take the field on Saturday.

Playing both a starting and interchange roll in 2018, Segeyaro played 26 of the Sharks 27 matches last year and in two seasons at the club has totalled 38 games.

A PNG international, Segeyaro has also represented his country of origin on five occasions, including playing a starring role in the 2017 World Cup.
https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2019/02/26/segeyaro-signs-on-at-sharks/

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Fine will be closer to a mill ...but Toddy will lick Bazzas arse and praise his self reporting and remind us all how much he saved the club by being "Honest Barry" The sceptics amongst us will suggest he should have shut the faarrkk up and saved the mill.

Bluto

Juniors
Now Weidler reporting Segeyaro was ‘provisionally’ registered subject to the outcome of the salary cap investigation. All parties understood this.... and may have to be released once the punishment is handed down.......and round and round we go!

Now Weidler reporting Segeyaro was ‘provisionally’ registered subject to the outcome of the salary cap investigation. All parties understood this.... and may have to be released once the punishment is handed down.......and round and round we go!
Stolen from a SMH report that went on for pages and said absolutely nothing.

Get ready for 2 days of speculation.

taipan

Referee
With the NRL salary cap excess rules it's LIFO. Think it's ta, ta Seggie.
Unless Gal wants to take up full time boxing.

As the saying goes Cronullafied.

shaggs

Coach
The last in first out is media speak. As differ said, they can’t play until the cap is sorted.

As always we have underspent so that should make it easy to be under. Especially if that lump Ava goes to Leeds

taipan

Referee
The last in first out is media speak. As differ said, they can’t play until the cap is sorted.

As always we have underspent so that should make it easy to be under. Especially if that lump Ava goes to Leeds

Agree .With Ava departing cap position made much easier even allowing for a cap hit.

snout

First Grade
The only time l want to see that idiot greenterd is october.

On stage.

Handing the trophy to wade.

Stalefish

Juniors
to be honest we can afford to lose ava, i feel cruz and vasquez have got a jump on him this year. great defender but not enough mongrel for his size. seggy is definately more benificial to the squad.

i believe we're still $200-300k under the cap for this year so 500k (just going off halfwit no idea journalists figures) off our cap is not too disruptive if thats how it ends up. i doubt they would of registered seg if there was no way of obtaining him.

just sick of this shyt shoot the journos bring on round 1

to be honest we can afford to lose ava, i feel cruz and vasquez have got a jump on him this year. great defender but not enough mongrel for his size. seggy is definately more benificial to the squad.

i believe we're still $200-300k under the cap for this year so 500k (just going off halfwit no idea journalists figures) off our cap is not too disruptive if thats how it ends up. i doubt they would of registered seg if there was no way of obtaining him.

ofcourse
you look last year, we went in with Andy Porior and Ava and Flanno gets Woods mid season
our 3rd best prop is a kangaroo prop.

ava, completely expendable. cheers for ya efforts. it was funny when you stood at the wrong end of the field.

If we are to shed a player we also need to replace that player in main squad, so you need to get rid of a player on at least decent coin, i think the 3 players who would be looked at would be, also you want other clubs to pay most of freight

Ava = promote Vasquez to squad, Cruz is already in main squad
Feki = on decent coin, the option to promote would be either Polesi or Mulitalo
Chad = Trindall into main squad.

I believe they would be the main options to shed $$$ if we need to

Inferno

Coach
If we are to shed a player we also need to replace that player in main squad, so you need to get rid of a player on at least decent coin, i think the 3 players who would be looked at would be, also you want other clubs to pay most of freight

Ava = promote Vasquez to squad, Cruz is already in main squad
Feki = on decent coin, the option to promote would be either Polesi or Mulitalo
Chad = Trindall into main squad.

I believe they would be the main options to shed $$$ if we need to

What makes you think Feki is on decent coin? Wouldn't surprise me if Xerri was on more than him.

SadShark

Bench
Tip Sorensen into the bucket as a sweetener then.

Seeing him play another good game is like waiting for Haysi Fantayzee to have another hit song.

Ads

First Grade
Tip Sorensen into the bucket as a sweetener then.

Seeing him play another good game is like waiting for Haysi Fantayzee to have another hit song.
This. By the team announcement for this week it seems Morris has seen how shit he is.

Stalefish

Juniors
id chuck out aaron gray well before feki or chad.

hopefully todd burns these rumours with a promotional grant to b.russell

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ava - first choice if they have to cull. Already being shopped to SL
Pissflap Junior is second choice. Behind the facade he may not be a happy chappy

Latest posts