What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serie A (results etc) thread

Well Zidane is the best player in the Madrid team, by a long distance.
Most experts will agree that Totti is nowhere nearly as good as Zidane.
PLus Zidane in the past 2 years has managed to win his club the champions league and the LA liga title, whereas Totti has won what?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
Well Zidane is the best player in the Madrid team, by a long distance.
Most experts will agree that Totti is nowhere nearly as good as Zidane.
PLus Zidane in the past 2 years has managed to win his club the champions league and the LA liga title, whereas Totti has won what?

Most experts? And who might they be?

Zidane has won all those trophy's, but look at the team he plays in. Im not saying he didnt help win the trophy, but it is ALOT easier to win trophy's at Real than it is at Roma. You cannot judge a player's ability by how many trophys he wins. You can judge a player's ability by who he plays with, and how consistent he is.

Totti almost single-handedly carries Roma and is also the captain. He has more pressure and responsibility on his shoulders than Zidane ever has.

And yet he still manages to churn in top performances almost every week.

Well the fact Zidane won the world player of the year would suggest most experts believe the same as me.
As for being in a great team, the Madrid defence is pap, meaning more pressure is on Zidane to make sure they score enough goals to hold onto a lead.
Euro 2004 will prove who is better.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
Well the fact Zidane won the world player of the year would suggest most experts believe the same as me.
As for being in a great team, the Madrid defence is pap, meaning more pressure is on Zidane to make sure they score enough goals to hold onto a lead.

HA! World Player of the Year :roll:

Everyone knows that that title should have went to Pavel Nedved.

The fact that Zidane was in the Top 3 was a joke in itself. That was the most undeserved award that Zidane has won.

EURO 2004 will determine if Totti is ready to become the best player on the planet...

:D

Craig

Juniors
Well Recoba and Stankovic are suspended for this game! :evil:

Why cant it be like England where we wait four weeks to suspend a player?!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This is how Roma should line-up:

Pelizzoli;

Panucci, Zebina, Samuel, Chivu;

Mancini, Dacourt, Emerson, Lima;

Totti, Cassano;

What about Inter?

hybrid_tiger said:
The Greatest Brain said:

The fact that Zidane was in the Top 3 was a joke in itself. That was the most undeserved award that Zidane has won.

EURO 2004 will determine if Totti is ready to become the best player on the planet...

So you do not agree with the result so it is now worthless :roll: :roll:

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
This is how Roma should line-up:

Pelizzoli;

Panucci, Zebina, Samuel, Chivu;

Mancini, Dacourt, Emerson, Lima;

Totti, Cassano;

What about Inter?

Toldo

Adani-Helveg-Cordoba

J.Zanetti-Lamouchi-C.Zanetti-Gonzalez

Adriano-Vieri-Cruz-Van der Meyde

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Greatest Brain said:
hybrid_tiger said:
The Greatest Brain said:

So you do not agree with the result so it is now worthless :roll: :roll:

Anyone who watched both Nedved and Zidane play last season will say that that award is the biggest joke alot of people have ever seen.

If you cant admit that Nedved deserved the award, then you obviously havent been watching much football.

Craig

Juniors
I see him each week on the World Game in the highlights of the Serie A, and man he is good.

half

Coach
Craig said:
Toldo

Adani-Helveg-Cordoba

J.Zanetti-Lamouchi-C.Zanetti-Gonzalez

Adriano-Vieri-Cruz-Van der Meyde
i think we just might win if we could field this team hahaha

hybrid_tiger

Coach
What the hell are players like Lamouchi, Farinos and Helveg doing starting for Inter??

I know that they have alot of injuries, but these players are simply second rate and shouldnt be anywhere a team like Inter.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Cannavaro is a top player who has declined ever since he joined Inter. He will shine at EURO 2004 though.

Emre has potential but he has a very bad temper and has been inconsistent. He needs to move clubs.

Farinos, Lamouchi, Helveg, Gamarra, Okan, Karagounis, Brechet and Pasquale (who did have potential before this season started) are all not good enough for Inter. The fact that they are even in the squad is disturbing.

Craig

Juniors
Who should Inter look for in the summer transfer window?

I guess van der Meyde can go and play alongside Javier Zanetti in the midfield.

Craig

Juniors
Goalkeeprs: Alex Cordaz (71), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Thomas Helveg (13)

Midfielders: Biava Fabrizio (29), Francisco Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Cristiano Zanetti (6), Javier Zanetti (4)

Srtikers: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Obafemi Martins (30), Andy van der Meyde (7), Christian Vieri (32)

(3-4-3)

Toldo

Adani-Cannavaro-Cordoba

J.Zanetti-van der Mayde-C.Zanetti-Gonzalez

Adriano-Vieri-Cruz

Subs:
Fontana
Helveg
Farinos
Karagounis
Martins

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
Roma 4 - Inter 1.

Cordoba sent off again. I guess Inter missed Recoba and Stankovic.

Cassano played brilliant again. He is absolutely on fire.

Mancini and Totti also had top games. To put it simply, Inter were not even on the same park as Roma.

Have you seen the highlights Craig?

Craig

Juniors
Not yet.

They are available on inter.it/en, but they dont seem to work for my computer.

Those highlights from the Roma-Parma game work from the Roma Addicts site.