What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious NRL Punters

Tayjack

Juniors
SOUTHS v BULLDOGS

A couple of outs for the bunnies in teo and G. Burgess, they have improved in recent weeks, but not enough To be the bulldogs IMO. They are travelling, the only concern is the short turn-a-round back from NZ. If they have got over that they will win, if not they may still just win, the bunnies for me are still a bit of a rabble.

Pretty ordinary game this, souths seriously should have put 20 on the dogs, but their polish in the halves is still terrible. The dogs somehow kept hanging in there, they never looked likely until the 75th minute, still trying to figure out how they won, especially with the rub of the green souths got here. Moving forward for me souths will face an uphill battle against the rejuvenated broncos next week at suncorp, i can't see the bunnies being a decent betting proposition for a couple of weeks yet. A quick laugh at this though, souths have gone up 1.70 favs already at suncorp against the broncos who just put 30 on the knights at hunter stadium…………stop it. The dogs moving forward are a stay away for me more likely than not as they have been in 3 x tight arm wrestles which may have taken something from them.
Out 100 straight out dogs, In 210- profit 110.

Souths 2.20 (1.70)
Dogs 1.90 (2.10)

Bet Dogs straight out at the 2.10.

KNIGHTS v BRONCOS

Sam thaiday is a late withdrawal here, and for this reason that makes the knights a play here. The broncos have an awesome record against the knights at Hunter Stadium so i will probably eat my words. Interesting to hear Willie Mason say they are back to thinking footy due to most of the team being able to see Alex Mackinnon and the improvement he has shown, he says that it has been a weight lifted off their shoulders and has given all the players peace of mind at the same time. I think this plays a big part in the result tonight, along with mullen having that 1 game back.
Didnt see this coming, FFS the knights had this game at their mercy, good away win last week, coming home ready to build on their season in front of an awesome home crowd and came up with an absolute duck egg. You could just tell after 5 minutes what was coming, the broncos had them covered everywhere, from enthusiasm , gang tackling, broncos were up quick in defence and were their to play, the piss weak knights just did not turn up - very disappointing. Moving froward the knights will still be a betting proposition as they can turn the tide quickly depending on opposition, the broncos i believe will keep this momentum, they are good at stringing a few together.

Out 100, In 0 - Loss 100.

Knights - 1.70 (1.80)
Broncos - 2.05 (2.20)

Backing Knights straight out here.

MANLY v COWBOYS

For me manly are still not where they could be, this was evident last week when they should have put 50 on the sharks, I'm hearing Daly Cherry Evans is in doubt, not confirmed yet as i know it. Even with the doubt, i am going to tip the cowboys here, i will also be backing them at the line as a moral, and if i can find $3.20 i will be back them straight as well. The cowboys are capable of winning a match like this, as they are like the warriors and can win without notice. There front row improved last week with scott and tamou coming up with big numbers in a beaten side, thurston is due to win a match on his own as well.
Ive seen replays of this so called controversy over and over and over, and I'm not convinced about the obstruction what so ever, as i know it, an obstruction penalty is given if the defending player is obstructed to the point that he cannot get to the attacking player what so ever, or to have had no chance to compete to make a tackle. Now if ray thompson was going to get to that player, he would have needed an F1 Jet, so for me the decision is correct. Interesting to note brent tate said it made no difference, he quoted they should have won the game well before that play, i agree. You just can't give manly chances, they are the best in the league at taking them. Improvement again for the cowboys, but i have said it all year, that they will not be in the finals this year until they move paul green on, he is just not the man for the job, never ever ever was. Manly will be better betting props as we move forward, the cowboys i think need to be avoided as i think this loss will sap their confidence big time.

Out 100 - in $192 with the +6.5 to the cowboys.
Manly $1.65 (1.40)
Cowboys $2.80 (2.95)

Backing the cowboys @ the line of +6.5.

DRAGONS v WARRIORS

I have no idea here, for me the dragons could very well be flat after that effort last week, but some would argue the same for the warriors, I would not be surprised one little bit if the dragons won by 20, the warriors won by 20, or if either won by a point. Will tip the warriors only because they are better than 2 wins so far, form to me says the dragons and they also have the wood on this team, possibly something the warriors will want to reverse. Apparently it is the worst hoodoo in RL History that the warriors can't beat the dragons, but my gut is telling me the warriors will win. No bet here.

Pretty good effort here from the dragons, they could of not turned up after last week, but to their credit they came to play as best they could, they have a lot of good things happening there in my opinion, even though I'm not a fan, I'm seeing good things from their forwards and 5/8, a watch moving forward regardless of who they play as i think they will be in their next few games up to their eyeballs. The warriors too i think are close, a watch with them as well.

Dragons $2.20 (1.60)
Warriors $1.90 (2.40) Possible value here.

SHARKS v ROOSTERS

Seriously want to be on the roosters here straight out, they have no alternative here but to be turning up to win, i have them at 1.15, and that may confuse a few here, however, this has to be the bounce back factor in my ratings ever. Looking at the sharks side they are still horrible in the forwards, and i believe the roosters will roll straight through them all day. The sharks bashed the roosters here last year , that won't be happening this time as the circumstances are at opposite ends of the scale, the roosters barely have an injury, and if SBW, moa, hargreaves and cordner don't tear them a new arsehole, there will be changes next week, and i have been told they have been put on notice.

They have some work to do the premiers, all I'm seeing is the same structured plays, the same kicking game, and all their wins have come on the back of some piece of individual brilliance as was evident with SKD and RTS. They have no cohesion what so ever, either robinson is in the middle of tweaking new structures and plays, or he hasn't done his homework during the off season, either way moving forward they are a no betting prop for me after that schamoozle. The sharks are useless at the moment which says nothing for the premiers, and in my time i haven't seen carney play any worse than that. They can only improve, and i do like them as a betting prop moving forward.

Out 100 , in $142 as they drifted when gallen announced return.

Sharks $4.00 (3.35)
Roosters $1,15 (1.37)

Will be playing the roosters hard straight out at the 1.37.

RAIDERS v STORM

Good game this, and i can see the overs being value here. I like the raiders here, they are facing 8 straight losses at home, which is unheard of, coach stuart knows how to get a side up for a win and at home the raiders faithful will be expecting nothing less. The storm are still finding their feet and are ripe for the picking, the raiders also boast a pretty good record against them, will chambers is a loss for the storm also, with the raiders having joel edwards returning - he is an underrated player and will add some punch to their forwards. Jesse bromwich also out for the storm.

Not too sure what to take out of this, the storm seriously should have posted another 20 points, as there was 3 tries at keast i saw bombed, the old storm probably would of scored them, geez i think they miss widdop more than people think. They absolutely were cutting them to shreds for 60 minutes, but just could not find the polish on the end of broken field play. Cameron smith said it well in the press conference "if we were fair dinkum we would of won that game" - so true, they should of won by 20-24 points. The raiders on the other hand proved my gut right but still should not have won that game. In saying this, i had them rated better than their pre game quote, which is why i had the bet. Moving forward i think this will still give the raiders some much needed confidence which makes them a short term betting prop for me, the storm i will still consider a betting prop going back to home ground regardless of who they play, they have to snap out of it sooner rather than later, they still are miles ahead of most teams IMO just watching their set ups and structures.

Out 100 - In $230, they drifted 5 cents when i backed them.

Raiders - $2.15 (2.25)
Storm - $1.85 (1.70)

Will be backing the raiders straight out here.

EELS v TIGERS

Robbie farah out is the reason the eels have come into 1.44, which is way too short IMO, the eels are going well enough but that is a ludicrous price, and i don't like the media attention that bad sides get when winning, it puts a false sense of security feel into the camp, unless i have underestimated Brad Arthur? For me the tigers are way overs and @2.90 they have to be a play, considering their form, there forward are just steamrolling sides and farah has been playing off the back of it. If the hooker in this game can at least give a credible service in this, i can't see how the eels forwards are going to stop the tigers, especially their bench. Anasta is back which will bring a cool head(although i don't rate him), but with farah out he brings the experience). I think the tigers can win this, they are way overs in my book, so its a bet for me.

Not a bad game, but not what everyone is carrying on about seriously, these two sides when watched carefully are way behind the storm, manly etc at the moment. If the tigers had farah there, they win by 30 IMO, the eels , they lacked any initiative to be sending hayne and sandow out of dummy half and into holes in behind the A defenders where there was plenty of space. The tigers too were guilty of not using the markers to better effect, but i put that down to no Farah. Still can't believe the tigers were 2.90, the eels are clueless other than hayne and as soon as the media jumped all over their bandwagon they were always going to be overpriced. Moving forward, the eels to be left alone as a betting prop, the tigers also with no farah.

Out 100 - In $290
Out 100 - In $192 @ +7.5

Eels - $2.40 (1.44)
Tigers - $1.80 (2.90)

Will be playing the tigers straight out , and at the line of +7.5, this looks a moral bet the line.

PANTHERS v TITANS

This is a worry game for me, i like the titans , but can't be betting against penrith at home who are trying to avoid a losing run at home. The mail is that the panthers are needing a dry track due to their speed?? I would of thought the titans would more than match them with speed with mead, kelly, blair and gordon on a dry track??? The titans to me are value, but my gut is telling me that the panthers will be more desperate. In saying that the titans ability to hang in there, especially away from home means a no bet here for me.

Worst game i have witnessed so far this year, these two sides just can't be competing at the end of the year, the titans have way more upside, but I'm not sure they can get it together enough to challenge, they have held onto cartwright a season too long in my view. The titans will be a betting prop moving forward, the panthers are completely dull in my view and cannot score tries. They both need work in all areas especially discipline, not sure what the penalty count was but there was plenty. Low low game this was, glad i stayed out of it.

Panthers - 1.90 (1.68)
Titans - 1.92 (2.25)

All the best to anyone having a punt this weekend.

T/OUTS - 700
T/INS - 1256
Profit - 556.

I will get to the year to date tomorrow or wednesday.

Last edited:

Tayjack

Juniors
DRAGONS v ROOSTERS
Super keen on the Roosters here, although the dragons are a very improved side and their form is clearly better than the roosters IMO. I just think that the roosters forwards will be steamrolling their way to victory here. They are due to put a score on someone, and that someone will be the poor dragons IMO. There will be high emotions being an anzac day match, and i think that will work in the roosters favour in this one. The win last week all be it just a win, and not a win by their standards, should be enough to click them into some sort of gear and be enough.

DRAGONS $4.00 (2.75)
ROOSTERS $1.25 (1.47)

Bet Roosters straight out, and at the line of -6.5.

STORM v WARRIORS
Surely the storm are good enough here, although the warriors are a trouble side for them. I will be staying out of this, but my gut is saying the storm will be putting 30 on them. They too are due for a decent win and while the warriors are out of form horribly this may be the game.

STORM 1.25(1.35)
WARRIORS 4.00 (3.45)

No bet here for me.

BRONCOS v SOUTHS
Very keen on the broncos here due to last weeks impressive victory against the knights. They came out of with no injuries and a win like that will be encouraging to their chances. They will be hard to beat at suncorp providing they can contain inglis. Souths are unders here, and their halves aren't in form.

BRONCOS 1.90 (2.10)
SOUTHS 2.15 (1.70)

SHARKS v PANTHERS
Keen on the sharks here, they will be hard to beat with that game under belt from gallen, a loss last week at home, this week up against a panthers side that cannot score points. The sharks can run tries in from anywhere as we have seen, and the panthers will have to score at least 20 points to be winning here, i don't think they can. Carney will be looking to get back to form after last weeks shocker from him, and he will, I'm tipping a MOM performance from him.

SHARKS 1.60 (1.77)
PANTHERS 2.35 (1.95)

Bet here straight out the sharks @1.77.

COWBOYS v EELS
Super keen on the cowboys here, the bounce back factor working here along with the sharks. They won't be losing at home against what i believe is an ordinary eels side. If the cows get beaten here, they are gone, finished - it will knock the wind right out of them, they will have to sack their coach, and if they are fair dinkum they need to sack their front office, the bellboys, sack the f**kin crowd too. I can see the thurston laying on 6 tries here, i can also see their forwards rolling through the middle of the ruck with ease.

COWBOYS 1.20 (1.50)
EELS 4.00 (2.65)

Bet here Cows straight out @ 1.51 and to cover the line @ 1.92 -5.5 - looks a good bet here.

BULLDOGS v KNIGHTS
At the start of the week i was keen on the dogs, the knights have a couple out, and after last week at home, how on earth could they come to the dogs home ground and win?? As the weeks gone on, i have thought a bit harder and the knights are one of those teams that could win this, they beat this mob last year by 20 in the semi when they were not supposed too, and the dogs keep scraping through on hard fought wins, which just may have flattened them for this one. I still think the dogs will win, but I'm not that confident to be betting here.

DOGS 1.40 (1.50)
KNIGHTS 2.90 (2.65)

No bet here.

MANLY v RAIDERS
This is also a danger game for manly IMO, they have Keiran foran out, who at the moment is the best in the comp in his position, they have a reshuffle in the back line, a couple of forwards in doubt with niggly injuries. The raiders are in tact, and i am expecting them to turn up after last weeks win. i will be playing them at the 10.5 line start, milford, crocker, robinson etc have the pace to test manly out wide, if their forwards can hold their own, which i think they can, it will be close.

MANLY - 1.60 (1.40)
RAIDERS 2.50 (3.10)

Bet for me at the line with raiders to cover the +10.5.

TIGERS v TITANS
A replay of the round 2 match up at skilled stadium where the tigers put 30 on the titans. that won't be happening here, i know the tigers are at leichardt, but no farah, no garvet and another out has a gut feeling here that the titans are specials. The tigers can't win every game at leichardt, and this looks very winnable for the titans. I expect with a couple of outs here for the tigers big men, the titans will attack them straight up the middle, their defence has improved 1000% on their last meeting, and myles, bird, harrison will not let last week effect them here.

TIGERS 1.90 (1.77)
TITANS 1.90 (2.10)

Bet titans straight out here for me.

good luck all.

Tayjack

Juniors
You backing the Broncs straight out TJ????

Oops - yes mate my apologies I forgot to post that bet above. Only backing them because I rate them shorter than current quote, along with being at home. Did you get those tips on the nags last week? 3 got up + the quinella I posted in that thread .

Spot On

Coach
I didn't get back to the forum until later that evening but I did see he did very well. I'm not adverse to the Saturday punt so if you're inclined to pass a few tips on I would follow them with interest.

Good luck this w/e. I'm going to throw a few of yours and a few of mine into an all-up.

WYD

Juniors
Why do you not rate your prices to a fixed percentage? 100% is standard.

Better card last week though, found some dogs. Don't mind your card this week either at first glance.

When were Canberra +10.5 though?

Tayjack

Juniors

Better card last week though, found some dogs. Don't mind your card this week either at first glance.

Canberra were 10.5 on Monday and Tuesday with one corp so I obliged.

Tayjack

Juniors

I do rate them to a fixed %, but not 100.

dubo

Juniors
Tayjack, I think your on the money with the Broncos and Sharks, thinking of taking both in a multi for straight out win. If I throw Melbourne in as well $100 returns $513. What do ya reckon?

Tayjack

Juniors
Tayjack, I think your on the money with the Broncos and Sharks, thinking of taking both in a multi for straight out win. If I throw Melbourne in as well $100 returns $513. What do ya reckon?

Look I think you'll be pretty close with that- but I don't encourage anyone to bet what I think because money is involved. I post this stuff to possibly help others in different ways, but in no way do I expect you or anyone to take these tips as gospel. Cheers.

For the record I have had a 3 leg multi:
Roosters straight
Sharks straight
Cowboys straight

$3.92 I got for that.

All the best.

dubo

Juniors
Look I think you'll be pretty close with that- but I don't encourage anyone to bet what I think because money is involved. I post this stuff to possibly help others in different ways, but in no way do I expect you or anyone to take these tips as gospel. Cheers.

For the record I have had a 3 leg multi:
Roosters straight
Sharks straight
Cowboys straight

$3.92 I got for that.

All the best.

Actually I'm not a serious punter, but have a go on pick the margins every week, more like lotto really. I put $10 on the Sharks and Broncos multi for a $37 return.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Yeah the merkin is doing well, Went good last week too.

Should just stick to this instead of having the tough man act all over the forums.

Tayjack

Juniors
Yeah the merkin is doing well, Went good last week too.

Should just stick to this instead of having the tough man act all over the forums.

Lol - tough people are never seen or heard on forums champion so that leaves every spastic out on here.

Latest posts