What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

randomdragon

Juniors
St George play very well, the confidence they have under willie is impressive, the forwards are rolling forward with ease and the second phase play is great to watch. They conceded one try with a player in the bin and another with a lucky kick. The fullback Peckham Harris is a great player only small but makes countless amounts of try saving tackles. the outside backs are great too... Afu the centre is a hard runner with good footwork, hopefully he can improve his passing game, and then the winger outside him Williams is like lightning, so fast I'm sure if there are highlights you will see his 2 tries. No rush with these kids most of them can play next year in SG Ball too so it's about nurturing them and not exposing them too much. I trust in Flano but it is exciting times ATM.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
St George play very well, the confidence they have under willie is impressive, the forwards are rolling forward with ease and the second phase play is great to watch. They conceded one try with a player in the bin and another with a lucky kick. The fullback Peckham Harris is a great player only small but makes countless amounts of try saving tackles. the outside backs are great too... Afu the centre is a hard runner with good footwork, hopefully he can improve his passing game, and then the winger outside him Williams is like lightning, so fast I'm sure if there are highlights you will see his 2 tries. No rush with these kids most of them can play next year in SG Ball too so it's about nurturing them and not exposing them too much. I trust in Flano but it is exciting times ATM.

How about Shadi Hammoud?

He looks a pretty good prospect. Involved and effective when it matters; kicks goals; Captain.

denis preston

First Grade
Good to see that finally there is some attention paid to the lower grades, no doubt Flanno has given the word that demands more out of them. In all seriousness there is no way known the Dragons lower grades should have been out of finals contention with the nursery we have, it was disgraceful, I'm expecting a whole change in our performances this year, I will be very disappointed if there isn't a massive improvement.
It’s quite clever that the talent deprived St George Ball side has had most of the outside recruitment and the Illawarra side mostly local juniors. If my memory serves me correct a couple of years back I think Illawarra got both and St Gorge flounded

Parko1310

Juniors
Should be equal for the most part u less we are super heavy young guys in our dev squad / TT?
Well Buchanan, Reed, King-Togia(Illawarra), Loko and Latu (St George) are all on NRL T&T's. Plus Ackers (St George) is in our NRL supp squad. They're all some of our best SG players really, so not sure if we sacrifice the Ball games to trial them in the Charity Shield or not

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Well Buchanan, Reed, King-Togia(Illawarra), Loko and Latu (St George) are all on NRL T&T's. Plus Ackers (St George) is in our NRL supp squad. They're all some of our best SG players really, so not sure if we sacrifice the Ball games to trial them in the Charity Shield or not

I don't think there's any need to rush them. The club will try to win the SG Ball. Let them finish Ball, then go to Cup or Flegg.

It would be great if two or three of them were pushing for spots through the year.

I think a few may.

Parko1310

Juniors
Put it this way, there are 30 others that need to play in the top 30 before they get a go. They may get a run but there is no point in rushing them.
So they will still play ball next week and maybe get a few mins in the shield? I agree no need to rush them, just want to know whether to expect a win or a loss for our sides next week. Full strength our SG sides beat Bears and Storm easy in my opinion

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
It’s quite clever that the talent deprived St George Ball side has had most of the outside recruitment and the Illawarra side mostly local juniors. If my memory serves me correct a couple of years back I think Illawarra got both and St Gorge flounded

Whomever did the recruiting and got them to agree to live in Sydney and play for St George after the last 13 years is worth their weight in gold.

Sizzler is long gone. It’s in the middle of nowhere in a Sydney terms.

Something there has gone right.

Is it Kyle Stanley?

Love Kyle Stanley. f**k his knees. That kid was robbed.

jak

Bench
thanks for the info mate much appreciated, love to hear how the young kids are shaping up.