What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shack and Savage make NSW Cup Rep side

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Shack and Sav make NSW Cup Rep side
Sunday 24 June 2012 7:07 PM

00032778-leadimage.jpg

Pirtek Parramatta Eels players Shane Shackleton and Troy Savage have been named in the VB NSW Cup Representative side to play Queensland after their strong form for Wentworthville this year.

Shackleton and Savage have been among the black and white's best so far this year and will head into camp next weekend ahead of Wednesday week's clash.

The NSW Cup Representative side will play Queensland prior to State of Origin 3 on Wednesday 4 July.

--

OFFICIAL NSWRL MEDIA RELEASE

The following players have today been named for the VB NSW Cup Representative side to play the QLD Residents on Wednesday, July 4 at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

VB NSW Cup Representative side:

Position Player Club

Fullback Michael Lett Illawarra Cutters
Wing Justin Carney Newtown Jets
Centre Ricky Leutele Cronulla Sharks
Centre Troy Savage Wentworthville Magpies
Wing Michael Oldfield Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Five-Eighth Liam Foran © Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Halfback Ryan Carr North Sydney Bears

Prop Forward Shane Shackleton Wentworthville Magpies

Hooker Cameron King Illawarra Cutters
Prop Forward Josh Cordoba Cronulla Sharks
Second Row Tom Symonds Newtown Jets
Second Row David Gower Illawarra Cutters
Lock Forward Mitch Achurch Windsor Wolves

Interchange Matt Moylan Windsor Wolves
Interchange Matt Robinson Windsor Wolves
Interchange Kyle O’Donnell Newcastle Knights
Interchange Jack Stockwell Illawarra Cutters

18th Man Shane Pumipi Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
19th Man Josh Mantellato Newcastle Knights
20th Man Tim Browne Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Coach: Rip Taylor (Newcastle Knights)

Link: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Shack-and-Sav-make-NSW-Cup-Rep-side/57870

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Ha ha Tim symonds !! I bet he wishes he took to decent offer the eels made to him last year, he could be playing nrl instead of new cup. Oh well we got Ryan instead for a 5th of the price.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe he retired from FG?. He has been playing for Illawarra the past few weeks i believe.

#It'sNotLikeHeWouldOfGottenPickedTooManyMoreTimes.

He couldn't afford to support his family on his contract with the dogs thus he needed a second job which ended being a job in the mines in the Illawarra. He still wanted to play footy thus he now has the Best of both worlds playing nsw cup for Illawarra , high paying mine job and living in the Illawarra compared to western Sydney

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
He couldn't afford to support his family on his contract with the dogs thus he needed a second job which ended being a job in the mines in the Illawarra. He still wanted to play footy thus he now has the Best of both worlds playing nsw cup for Illawarra , high paying mine job and living in the Illawarra compared to western Sydney

Thought it was something like that.

strider

Post Whore

and rumour suggests, Desi came saying we need you now with all our injuries and he went tough, you should have wanted me earlier, bye bye

parra pete

Referee
Good player Michael Lett...scores plenty of tries...another Nathan Merritt...that is, in my opinion..

Latest posts