What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Rodney

Palms

Juniors
Just wondering your thoughts on how Shane Rodney will fit into Manlys plans this year? Do you reckon he'll get much game time?
Cheers

murraymob

Coach
rodney is as good if not better than your current forwards and thats coming from me a panther supporter

watatank

Coach
Never noticed him much at the Panthers for whatever reason, saw him play in WCC and was impressed with what I saw. No wonder Manly signed him up for four years he looks like a classy player IMO. I'm sure he will get plenty of time

rodney is as good if not better than your current forwards and thats coming from me a panther supporter
Well he won't start unless we are missing one of our backrow.He has always been a class player who had a bad run with injuries.Under the Manly system I suspect we will see the very best of him.Ideal type to replace(well sort of) the Beav.

dutchie1983

Juniors
He impressed me in the WCC as well, but was nowhere at Penrith. Now I put this down to Matt Elliot having no idea.

Manly did look good and I think Rodney will get some good minutes of the bench as he is pretty versitile and good value for all fantasy competitions.

griffo346

First Grade
Guys ive always liked rodney when he was at penrith but due to injuries and the fact we signed nathan smith :fist: he was never gunna start.

the guy filled in the centres when girds went off in the 03 g/f

so can play like a utility player in a way

Daddycool

Juniors
He looked really good in the WCC match. Like a lot of the others have said, I hadn't seen much of him before, but if he can play like he did the other morning, he's going to be very useful.

Phillips

Referee
he was good at the panthers, played city origin.. but has been f**ked around by injuries the last few yrs

Big Mick

Referee
If he can stay fit, he's the ideal replacement for Menzies...not Williamson.

He's a ballplayer, can kick goals, has a great base skillset and can play 80 minutes.

injuries have crippled him last 3 seasons unfortunately, but he's always been a great player.

I compare him to Heighnington or Laffranchi. He has one of those builds that are very difficult to tackle, but he is a hard defender himself.

I see him eventually being starting lock for you guys, shifting glenn hall to the bench and stewart to second row.

RainMan

Juniors
Thats what I was thinking as well Mick. Rodney will definitely be rotating with Glenn Hall in the interchange dept. I guess it will come down to playing confidence as well due to his horrid run of injuries in the the past.