What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks biter only receives a week

Big Pete

Referee
A Cronulla Sharks under-20s player guilty of biting a New Zealand Warriors opponent was suspended for one match by the NRL judiciary tonight.
Daniel Moroko was charged with dangerous contact - biting after he was initially placed on report when Warriors prop Ligi Sao complained of being bitten on the forearm in the 17th minute of a Toyota Cup clash last Saturday in Sydney.
The NRL match review committee viewed footage of the incident and referred Moroko straight to a hearing.
The last NRL player to be suspended for biting was Bulldogs forward Brad Morrin, who was banned for eight games in 2007 for an incident involving then Eels centre Timana Tahu.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/7142513/U20-Sharks-biter-gets-one-match-ban

7124974.jpg

Disgraceful, this should be a 7 week stint everytime.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Disgraceful, this should be a 7 week stint everytime.

Agreed.......although I wasn't sure if the report was accurate being that it's only NZ based media publishing this at the moment

Chalk up another disgrace for the Sharks AND the NRL judiciary...if true

shaggs

Coach
Has anyone seen the full video of the incident??

Basing your judgements on still photos might lead to the wrong judgement being made. Why was the warriors player wrapping his arm around moroko's face.
Does the video show him biting down on the arm or moving his jaw toward?

Obviously the judiciary thought it was a 50-50 call, hence the 1 week suspension.

This isn't a reflection on the sharks, thanks Fourex, but maybe a sign that the judiciary system is a joke.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
I saw the game- it was televised on fox. it was the most obvious bite I've ever seen- can't believe he only got a week- what a joke.
Sao should of just wasted him.
Funny thing was when the ref was Saying if Sao couldn't identify the biter nothing could be done and he goes- it was the white guy haha

_snafu_

Immortal
Has anyone seen the full video of the incident??

Basing your judgements on still photos might lead to the wrong judgement being made. Why was the warriors player wrapping his arm around moroko's face.
Does the video show him biting down on the arm or moving his jaw toward?

Obviously the judiciary thought it was a 50-50 call, hence the 1 week suspension.

This isn't a reflection on the sharks, thanks Fourex, but maybe a sign that the judiciary system is a joke.

That's like trying to defend an eye gouge incident by saying "but sir, he was eye-butting the end of my finger!"

shaggs

Coach
Hardly the same thing.

I don't know if he intended to bite him or not. What I do know is, who the f**k is stupid enough to try it with 20 cameras zoomed in on every play. You are never going to get away with it. Surely the kid isn't that dumb.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Hardly the same thing.

I don't know if he intended to bite him or not. What I do know is, who the f**k is stupid enough to try it with 20 cameras zoomed in on every play. You are never going to get away with it. Surely the kid isn't that dumb.

He is. You obviously haven't seen the footage

shaggs

Coach
If that is the case, then something is seriously wrong at the judiciary. Sharks player or not.

How dumb are kids these days. Far out. No idea without someone given them full guidance. God help us when we are all old and that generation has to care for us when we are old.

carcharias

Immortal
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...r-bites-back-at-judiciary-20120623-20uwq.html

I have not seen it properly
That still pic looks crook

But if the dude was forcing his forearm in his mouth I wonder what he thought would happen.
Shouldn't bite..just shit..
However
Shouldn't be forcing your arm on purpose in a blokes mouth to start with.

Seen a few similar ones over the years and alway wondered why the bloke who gets bitten isnt reprimanded for a doggish act in the tackle that instigates the bite.

Mr Fourex

Bench
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...r-bites-back-at-judiciary-20120623-20uwq.html

I have not seen it properly
That still pic looks crook

But if the dude was forcing his forearm in his mouth I wonder what he thought would happen.
Shouldn't bite..just shit..
However
Shouldn't be forcing your arm on purpose in a blokes mouth to start with.

Seen a few similar ones over the years and alway wondered why the bloke who gets bitten isnt reprimanded for a doggish act in the tackle that instigates the bite.

:lol: ......Sharks fan tries to justify bite

who would have thought it......?