What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Chairman Glenn Coleman resigns

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...coleman-resigns-after-two-months-in-position/

Glenn Coleman has resigned as cronulla Chairman just two months into his position.
It is reported he will be replaced by three time Olympic basketball star Damian Keogh.
“I’m handing over to a dynamic new group of directors,” Coleman told The Daily Telegraph.
“They’ve got to get their head around the ASADA issue and then move forward from there.
“I have no doubt, that long term, the club is going to be okay.”
Coleman replaced Damien Irvine, who was stood down after coming under fire for his handling of the drugs issue.
Keogh, 51, who represented Australia at the 1984, '88 and '92 Games and had a long career in the NBL with the Sydney Kings, is a sales director at cinema advertiser Val Morgan.

Didn't see this anywhere else so here it is. So he's gone 2 months into the job. Oh boy, I have a feeling there is a world of hurt coming Cronulla's way and it's coming soon, in light of recent events.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...coleman-resigns-after-two-months-in-position/

Didn't see this anywhere else so here it is. So he's gone 2 months into the job. Oh boy, I have a feeling there is a world of hurt coming Cronulla's way and it's coming soon, in light of recent events.

Rubbish.

He was last man standing from the previous Board surrounded by a Board from one ticket who are in direct opposition to how he and his former Board partners were handling the current issues.

He only became Chairman as a result of 2 things

1. Irvine leaving following his comments
2. Being the only nomination as Chairman (qualify according to constitution)

I am saddened he has gone, however it is simply that his relationship with the new Board would be untenable.

looks like keogh gets his wish.

which is f**ked. they ran a suspect campaign. every motherf**ker on their ticket has De La ties and is liked to Rothfield.

Unity.

get f**ked.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Sadly I have a feeling a few weeks from now he'll be very glad he's gone.
vzfFz3Z.gif

taipan

Referee
Rubbish.

He was last man standing from the previous Board surrounded by a Board from one ticket who are in direct opposition to how he and his former Board partners were handling the current issues.

He only became Chairman as a result of 2 things

1. Irvine leaving following his comments
2. Being the only nomination as Chairman (qualify according to constitution)

I am saddened he has gone, however it is simply that his relationship with the new Board would be untenable.

Fully agree.When Douglas resigned and Coleman was the last man standing and not part of the unity ticket,he felt it was the best thing to do.They had a different approach to him.