What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks current 2018 side

shaggs

Coach
I could definitely live with that, but I think Capewell can really develop into a gun NRL player.
No doubt. He will do more good than bad,
But I think his spot is one in at edge backrower.

Problem there is graham plays 80, Lewis has the right edge for the next 18 months and bakuya is our edge backrower on he bench.

Good problem for the club to have

bluefox68

Staff member
No doubt. He will do more good than bad,
But I think his spot is one in at edge backrower.

Problem there is graham plays 80, Lewis has the right edge for the next 18 months and bakuya is our edge backrower on he bench.

Good problem for the club to have

Sounds like a plan! Would it be unrealistic to ask Bukuya to put on weight and play front-row? My natural instinct is that he runs some great lines and I wouldn't want to hamper that. Thoughts?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Dont like the idea personally, simply because you don't fix what isn't broken. Boogs is probably one of the best bench player in the NRL

Special K

Coach
Bukuya plays middle and is 28. He is shit on an edge (ie when he starts) - he is what is he. Basically a lock who is a small prop. He should be in Origin over that storm flog.

I f**ken love him off the bench. I would argue he is the best bench forward in the comp. He tears middles up with his leg speed.

shaggs

Coach
Sounds like a plan! Would it be unrealistic to ask Bukuya to put on weight and play front-row? My natural instinct is that he runs some great lines and I wouldn't want to hamper that. Thoughts?
No from me.

When i first met bakuya he was a skinny, fast athletic 17 year old centre.
Brought down from qld to play 20s. Got dropped to get more ball/involvement and played SG Ball for a week.
Scored 4 tries and never looked back.
Poor bloke got hammered with injuries early on. He is looking like he is good physical shape and the size he is at is best for his frame.
Keep him where he is

ImTheMan

Juniors
You cannot pay 1 million dollars a year to a winger. Holmes will be an immortal one day, but he may have been given the world too early.

sandshark

Bench
Dugan will be our Fullback in 2018.

And I'm pretty sure wingers don't get to become immortals..

Interesting thing Gus said on friday night, though i do hate his guts, that some players are ready for NRL at 18, some 24, and some it takes to 27, but also the way the training and technology is career can last a lot longer, just need to ensure there is pathway.

You hear that then look at how Flanno brings guys through, he dosent rush there takes them on case by case basis.

And with the older guys we have again he dosent seem to have age barrier on them more are they performing.

Boogs is great bench player, he punches up the middle, basically comes on plays the rest of game out, he also bring wealth of experience on the field as well, something a lot of clubs dont have when the bench players come on

Card Shark

Immortal
And with the older guys we have again he dosent seem to have age barrier on them more are they performing.

Flanno values experience over flashy youth.

Knowing what he will get seems super important to him.

Allows games to go to his plan better I suppose?

Latest posts