What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Regional Supporters

Card Shark

Immortal
I've heard plenty of positive comment that the shire people have come out in force to support the Sharks at the Grand Final, which was awesome to see.

However, I've always thought we are 1 of the most heavily supported clubs outside of Sydney & I think that is what swelled the numbers to the extreme levels of the Grand Final, compared to the Cowboys game.

People have come from far & wide to see this team win their maiden title & I just wanna pay tribute to them.

The support we get across the country (& beyond) is sensational for our club.

Wearing our jumpers around our local towns has been difficult at times but our faith has been rewarded!! Up Up Cronulla.

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Yeah I left the shire to go to uni, and didnt go back. Not really sure why now. But you can take the boy out of the Shire and all that... When the Raiders joined the comp everyone else here went green. Yeah like that was going to happen.

Only downside is we moved house last year and I've lost my 1975 pressing of Up Up Cronulla on 45, complete with picture sleeve. It had better be here somewhere....

Lots in Canberra
that day three weeks ago here was a f**kn unique experience.
the start of a title run. busted up. but we fought on in enemy territory to crush the raiders and their crap plastic fanbase.
im extremely happy

jc155776

Coach
Brisbane airport was full of us heading down even Sunday morning.

Airport packed heading home last night (before all planes cancelled!) and again today when we finally got home.

Everyone giving approving nods and just seemed so proud.

Gotta convert everyone into football club members. Dynasty time.

Card Shark

Immortal
Drove home through the City with the windows down ready to share the joy (& across the bridge) - disappointed I didn't see 1 Sharks jumper. Seeing the flag atop the Harbour Bridge was awesome.

Was in Newcastle mall today & saw a dude with a sharks jumper on. Gave him the high 5 & yelled out Premiers

Sharkman05

Juniors
We saw plenty of jerseys on our epic 2500km return car journey from the Sunny Coast at our pit stops along the way.

Had to laugh on the way home when I saw two storm supporters still with jerseys on.

How good is it to wear your sharks gear in enemy territory as premiers!!

My son wore his Sharks jersey all day at Buderim primary school, he reckons no body had a better school holidays than him!

I still can't believe we won.

Last edited:

eddiesmith

Juniors
Yeah I was shocked to see a car heading home with Storm flags flying, other crap in back window and the driver wearing his Storm jersey, gave a quick fist pump with the Sharks scarf as I passed him :D

taipan

Referee
I hope these regionals come in as non ticketed members,with a bit of oomph should get close to 20,000 in 2017.

Went to the merchandise shop at the club today.Queue stretched from the shop just about to the front door.New stuff coming in,empty boxes being urged out.
All our familie's cars have flags.

I don't know how much the club will make on merchandise,but huuuuuge would be an understatement.Fan day they were queued up for one stall plus another to buy framed photos $120+.

Going down to the Cronulla Mall tomorrow.,this place is gonna rock til Christmas,

Last edited:

Lurkingshark

Juniors
I live in the New England, plenty of Sharks supporters here. I was born in the Shire, used to catch the train from Gymea every match in the era of Fred Dennehy, Barry Andrews & co, sat on scoreboard hill, often next to G Pierce and S Rogers who would often watch the lower grades from there.
I'm absolutely f**cken stoked. 50 years old and my dreams as a kid just came true, I'm glad I was at the stadium to see it.
I run a motel, took this pic just before I left for the game. My good wife added many balloons when the freaking wind died down.
6KZW47T.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal
We saw plenty of jerseys on our epic 2500km return car journey from the Sunny Coast at our pit stops along the way..

On the way home from Newcastle, called my mate on his way back to Mackay, was at Brisbane airport.

Just then I came up behind a tradie with a sharks sticker on the rear window of his ute. As I overtook him, wound down the window, tooted the horn & yelled out to him "Go the Sharkies...Premiers brother". He yelled back.

Love sharing the victory with strangers 'cause I know how happy they are.

Quigs

Immortal
I live in the New England, plenty of Sharks supporters here. I was born in the Shire, used to catch the train from Gymea every match in the era of Fred Dennehy, Barry Andrews & co, sat on scoreboard hill, often next to G Pierce and S Rogers who would often watch the lower grades from there.
I'm absolutely f**cken stoked. 50 years old and my dreams as a kid just came true, I'm glad I was at the stadium to see it.
I run a motel, took this pic just before I left for the game. My good wife added many balloons when the freaking wind died down.
6KZW47T.jpg

I hope your dear missus does the marketing and publicity. YOU IDJET. You post up a great thing and you tell us you run a motel BUT YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE BLOODY NAME. Crikey every Sharky fan travelling your way would want to stop there .... "what's the name of the best Motel in New England you run?"

Pssst I am an old Gymea boy meself.... lived up near the Tech College as it was called back then

Plenty of Sharkies in Tweed and Gold Coast.

Heaps rocked up to the game against the Titans.

Sunday morning had boys in their gear giving the Up Up in Tweed as we passed by in Sharkies shirt

I hope your dear missus does the marketing and publicity. YOU IDJET. You post up a great thing and you tell us you run a motel BUT YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE BLOODY NAME. Crikey every Sharky fan travelling your way would want to stop there .... "what's the name of the best Motel in New England you run?"

Pssst I am an old Gymea boy meself.... lived up near the Tech College as it was called back then

Agree, travel over to family in Tamworth heaps!

Come on, which Motel?

Foz

Bench
Yep lots in newy
There were heaps of Sharks jumpers on the Newcastle train on Sunday Night.
As most would know getting out of Olympic Park station we went from Sharks to sardines.
At that stage nothing was going to spoil the night.

snoozer

Bench
I'm staying up at katoomba(home town) and there is a big shark emblem on the window of gearins hotel right near the railway station. Will post a photo of it morla.

Latest posts