What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Regional Supporters

Lurkingshark

Juniors
I hope your dear missus does the marketing and publicity. YOU IDJET. You post up a great thing and you tell us you run a motel BUT YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE BLOODY NAME. Crikey every Sharky fan travelling your way would want to stop there .... "what's the name of the best Motel in New England you run?"

Pssst I am an old Gymea boy meself.... lived up near the Tech College as it was called back then
You mean I should indulge in some shameless self promotion? My motel is at Walcha....inspirationally called Walcha Motel, once patronised by the great Steve Edmonds. Anyone remember that awesome try in the '78 semis?

Lurkingshark

Juniors
I was a Gymea Bay Public/Kirrawee High boy, Quigs. Lived on Gymea Bay Road between the recently departed Shell garage and the school. Remember the Lily Festival?

Card Shark

Immortal
You mean I should indulge in some shameless self promotion? My motel is at Walcha....inspirationally called Walcha Motel, once patronised by the great Steve Edmonds. Anyone remember that awesome try in the '78 semis?

Been to Walcha once....the day of the Newcastle earthquake.

Up there trout fishing, loved it. Always wanted to go back!

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Been to Walcha once....the day of the Newcastle earthquake.

Up there trout fishing, loved it. Always wanted to go back!
I'm led to believe there is some good fishing around here. Not being a fisherman myself......I'm a bit water averse.....unusual I know, for someone who grew up on Port Hacking. Certified land lubber, I am.

Quigs

Immortal

That's better. (pssst I spent a few years at Gloucester too).

I remember the try in the 78 GF,

Quigs

Immortal
I was a Gymea Bay Public/Kirrawee High boy, Quigs. Lived on Gymea Bay Road between the recently departed Shell garage and the school. Remember the Lily Festival?

I was the complete opposite. Was a Kirrawee Primary / Gymea High type of a guy. Kirrawee High was only a thought bubble during my time.

Yes I do remember the Lily Festivals - twas a long walk from our nest. It was even a longer walk down to the Gymea baths. Did that many a time. We had the choice of the bus fare home or buying an ice cream at the little shop. Yeah we walked a lot back then.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Droves of Sharks getting off at Strathfield to head north via the Central Coast. South Coast train packed south of Waterfall. Some going all the way to Kiama and Bomaderry. Heaps getting off at Thirroul think Matty Prior a Butchers Junior.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm led to believe there is some good fishing around here. Not being a fisherman myself......I'm a bit water averse.....unusual I know, for someone who grew up on Port Hacking. Certified land lubber, I am.

When I come back, I'll know where I'll be staying!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We saw plenty of jerseys on our epic 2500km return car journey from the Sunny Coast at our pit stops along the way.

Had to laugh on the way home when I saw two storm supporters still with jerseys on.

How good is it to wear your sharks gear in enemy territory as premiers!!

My son wore his Sharks jersey all day at Buderim primary school, he reckons no body had a better school holidays than him!

I still can't believe we won.
I've got three Sharks jumpers and have been wearing them every day around home here in Melbourne.

Walked past a bloke today as I was going to get some milk and he said "Sharks are f**king grubs" and I replied "f**king grubs with a premiership. Enjoy your Minor thingy you won last month."

He mumbled some shit and sulked off.

I laughed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard plenty of positive comment that the shire people have come out in force to support the Sharks at the Grand Final, which was awesome to see.

However, I've always thought we are 1 of the most heavily supported clubs outside of Sydney & I think that is what swelled the numbers to the extreme levels of the Grand Final, compared to the Cowboys game.

People have come from far & wide to see this team win their maiden title & I just wanna pay tribute to them.

The support we get across the country (& beyond) is sensational for our club.

Wearing our jumpers around our local towns has been difficult at times but our faith has been rewarded!! Up Up Cronulla.
Thanks mate. It's a great time to live in Melbourne.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Brisbane airport was full of us heading down even Sunday morning.

Airport packed heading home last night (before all planes cancelled!) and again today when we finally got home.

Everyone giving approving nods and just seemed so proud.

Gotta convert everyone into football club members. Dynasty time.
I was lucky enough to fly back to Coolangatta on Monday night. Saw that heaps of flights (especially Tiger Air) had been cancelled and was waiting to get cronullafied and have the flight canned. However, the curse was lifted!!!!
Lots of laughs, hoots and high fives through the airport!

taipan

Referee
Got to crack 20-25,000 members for 2017,if we are fair dinkum.
The trophy should be accompanied for the next 4 months around regional areas ,main towns.The Shire naturally beforehand.
e.g. Gosford,Wollongong,Nowra.Canberra can f*ck off,the last time a trophy went there ,a certain player dropped it off a ute.

Trouble is I think the heavy bast*rd is comfortable where it is ,in its new cabinet home.

Also every interstate member(as a reward) ,should get one of those new keyrings that look like the trophy.

New trophy,new development,new members.New dawning for the club,the wait was worth it.

Merchandise not only going off like the boxing Day sales at the club,but places like Rebel at Miranda Fair sold 800 jumpers ,and 500 flags went in one day.800 jumpers $120,000 minimum.
Abbeys at Miranda had 20m queues ran out of stock,ordered more in.

If people want a momento ,try and get a copy of the St George & Sutho Leader .It's just about a book on the club's win and the aftermath.
Maybe on line version will help.

jc155776

Coach
I think you get 3 premium match tickets to any game instead I two standard. Also get an extra mercy voucher maybe? Probably something else as well. Premium member event meet and greet maybe would be good?

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Lurking, could very possibly have met up with you on the train from Gymea in the late 70s :D. And you mean to tell me the Shell station isn't there anymore? First fill up ever there, back when it was less than 20c a litre

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Lurking, could very possibly have met up with you on the train from Gymea in the late 70s :D. And you mean to tell me the Shell station isn't there anymore? First fill up ever there, back when it was less than 20c a litre
Could be. The Shell disappeared some time ago, but is still a vacant lot. Old Ted Dries used to run it, and I remember one of the mechanics having an orange XA 4 door GT that from memory was done (or maybe even was) as a Phase 4. I can remember 13c per litre. I also remember the Ampol on North West Arm Rd being built (it's gone, too)....I was at the opening, Ampol had some sort of swagman dude as a mascot back then. We used to ride our push bikes through the stormwater drain that ran underneath it.

Latest posts