What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks to decide on Kimmorley action

husky65

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Sharks-to-decide-on-Kimmorley-actions/2005/03/14/1110649131266.html

Cronulla officials will examine video footage Tuesday morning before deciding whether to contest a careless high tackle charge levelled against Brett Kimmorley.

The NRL judiciary charged the Sharks skipper with a grade one offence for his high shot on Penrith winger Luke Rooney on Saturday night.

Kimmorley, who has 37 carry-over points from a previous offence, will receive a one-match suspension and miss Sunday's clash with Manly at Brookvale Oval unless he successfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

Sharks coach Stuart Raper and club chief executive Steve Rogers will meet Tuesday morning and go through the videotape before coming to a decision.

Test No.7 Kimmorley and new halves partner Adam Dykes formed a lethal combination for Cronulla's 20-14 victory over the Panthers at Toyota Park.

"We're going to decide in the morning which way to go with," said Raper.

"I've got some thoughts in my mind but I don't want to pre-empt anything."

shadowboxer

First Grade
and then this

Nutley, Kimmorley aim to remain unblemished
By Brad Walter
March 15, 2005

Cronulla prop Danny Nutley is expected to defend a dangerous throw charge at the NRL judiciary tomorrow night, and he may be joined by skipper Brett Kimmorley as he bids to avoid the first suspension of his illustrious career.

The Sharks pair were among four players charged yesterday by match reviewer Greg McCallum, but Manly's Terry Hill and Penrith's Tony Puletua will be free to play this weekend if they plead guilty.

Hill was charged with a grade one careless tackle, while Puletua received a grade one contrary conduct charge over a kneeing incident in Saturday night's 20-14 loss to Cronulla.

Despite his tackle on Panthers winger Luke Rooney being the same grading as Hill's, Kimmorley faces a one-match ban due to carryover points from a previous offence last season.

Nutley also has carryover points and will miss the Sharks' matches against the Sea Eagles and the Eels unless he successfully challenges the lifting charge.

Teammate Keith Galloway, who was put on report by referee Shayne Hayne, escaped any action over the tackle on Luke Priddis, and Nutley yesterday insisted he was also innocent.

"I stopped him from hitting the ground. I held him up. I don't expect any problems from it," Nutley said yesterday.

With the charge being the lowest on the scale of high tackles, Kimmorley has little chance of being exonerated but he may plead for leniency to preserve his unblemished record.

"I think it's probably the first time I've done a high tackle for a long while," Kimmorley said. "The fact that I don't do it very often will hopefully mean it was an accident and I get away with it."

Cronulla general manager Steve Rogers said he would speak to the pair and coach Stuart Raper today before deciding whether to fight the charges.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i say fight both.

RainMan

Juniors
Unfornutaley for Nutley, his arm was between the legs of Priddis and that might be the thing that gets him 2 weeks.

troy

Juniors
If you look at it close it comes up off the ball , if it hadn't it would have done more damage ... Problem is Rooney is so tall and BK is up there for a short bloke , he's just gotta be more careful it's so bloody early to be worrying about this . He does have the tendency to jump up in his takles and thats going to be a worry going forward unless he's more careful . Both should fight the charge !

Kimmorley's tackle was careless and under the current rules it's easy to see why he was cited, even if a penalty would have been sufficient. The NRL really needs to examine the greater issue and decide if players need to serve a suspension for such a trivial event. No one wants to be whacked in the head but I'm sure Luke Rooney and the Panthers wouldnt be bitching if Noddy got off.

Nutley on the other hand actually did the tackled bloke a favour.