What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks V Warriors

Inferno

Coach
This one is on our home turf, fingers crossed if they decide to play dirty the crowd starts baying for blood.

After all the high shots we copped over there I'd say the boys would be nice and fired up as well.

sharknows

Bench
It's really impossible to predict how the Warriors will go. They have so much potential yet something is seriously wrong over there. I was expecting them to have a form reversal last week and they nearly got a win. This is not a game to be complacent about.

imasharkie

Coach
We will win this for Sticky.
He's having a bit of a shot at Ivan and would love nothing better than to shoot him down.
Pretty sure he'll remind the players of what Cleary has been saying about them.

Just on Covell, I noticed he is third in the NRL on tackle busts. Not lightning quick, but must be very strong and mobile. He could finish up in the second row later in his career?

Inferno

Coach
Played mostly second row for the Tigers.

I think the only thing holding him back is the amount of depth we have in the backrow.

Funnily enough he actually started out as a halfback!

coolumsharkie

Referee
The SOO duo are ok for saturday night according to sharks.com.

SHARKS ORIGIN PAIR SET TO GO FOR SATURDAY NIGHT
14.06.07 15:56 Age: 3 min
Sharks State of Origin representatives Brett Kimmorley and Greg Bird seem certain to be fit to back up on Saturday night for their teams’ important round 14 clash with the New Zealand Warriors.

While both were said to be shattered by the NSW loss to Queensland, however Kimmorley came through the match with no injury concerns, while a slight cork is unlikely to see Bird miss the Warriors game.
The Sharks were two of the shining lights in the NSW performance, with Kimmorley, Newcastle’s Danny Buderus and Manly fullback Brett Stewart the best NSW players in the 10-6 loss.
Kimmorley was inspirational for the Blues, with his kicking game outstanding and his defensive effort first class, while Bird in limited time on the field definitely had an impact on proceedings and would be considered desperately unlucky not to be given another chance at Origin level.
The two returned to Sharks training this morning (Thursday) to be assessed by training and medical staff and were given the afternoon off to rest and recover from the bruising Origin encounter.
Both will be at training tomorrow as Ricky Stuart and the Sharks put the final preparations in place for Saturday evening’s game.
The Sharks v Warriors match is scheduled for a 5.30pm kick off at Toyota Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gunnamatta bay

Referee
SOME MIND GAMES

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4095259a10713.html

Warriors to get physical against Cronulla
NZPA | Friday, 15 June 2007

The New Zealand Warriors will look to match Cronulla's physical approach without getting offside with the referee in their National Rugby League match in Sydney on Saturday night.
The last time the teams met, in Auckland early last month, six players were put on report, five of them Warriors.
Only two of the six ended up facing charges, Warriors Tony Martin and Michael Witt, who were suspended for a week for a dangerous throw.
Coach Ivan Cleary doesn't expect a repeat situation at Toyota Park, where the same referee, Gavin Badger, will be in charge.
"I hope not, I don't want five of our guys on report," he said yesterday.
"You have to be physical against Cronulla, that's how they play, but I'm certainly not expecting that."
The Sharks' 22-20 victory marked the start of the Warriors' present losing streak, which at six is just one short of the club record.
Cleary has made one change to the side beaten 4-2 by competition leaders Melbourne last weekend, with skipper Steve Price backing up from helping Queensland wrap up the State of Origin series.
He said spirits in the camp remained high, although there was disappointment at the manner of the defeat to the Storm.
The Warriors did enough to win but couldn't close out the contest.
"It's probably a game where we did a lot of things well and we've probably won a lot like that," Cleary said.
"We put ourselves in a position to win and from there we would expect to win. It's just the way it's going at the moment."
Cronulla have Brett Kimmorley and Origin debutant Greg Bird returning from the New South Wales side.
Bird scored two tries in the round-eight win at Mount Smart Stadium and is also one of three Sharks, along with Luke Covell and Paul Gallen, among the top six players for tackle breaks in the NRL.
Meanwhile, Cleary has declined to continue a verbal battle with Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart over players' feigning injury to attract a penalty from the video referee.
The issue was reignited by the Sharks' 20-16 win over St George-Illawarra last Monday night, with Cronulla's Paul Gallen denying he took a dive when clipped high by opposition five-eighth Richie Williams.
Gallen, who wasn't the only player in the match accused of staying down, winked after the penalty was awarded.
After the match, Stuart said he didn't tell his players to dive and he took a shot at Cleary.
"I most definitely do not coach laying down," he said.
"Just to set the record straight, he (Cleary) is very ill-informed. I thought he would know me better than that, but it's amazing what you blame when you're on a losing streak."
After the two-point loss to the Sharks six weeks ago, Cleary alleged that Stuart was encouraging players to lie down to get penalties.
Yesterday, he declined to give his view on Stuart's response.
"I made my comments from the last game and I'm happy with that."

MC

Juniors
Phil willl play...passed a fitness test on Thursday...

Also heard that Ross is a big chance to play

Quigs

Immortal
Just heard on the radio that someone was ruled out of todays cronulla game with sore ribs. Didnt catch the name though - anyone hear anything ?

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

harry

Juniors
2gb said Ruben Wiki out, Mitch Brown out replaced by Misi Taulipapa and Greg Bird 50/50. Anyone know anything more about Bird?