What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield: VIC vs SA

Ronnie McDonald is the most popular Victorian cricketer today after winning the toss and batting in 43 degree heat.

McGain is back for the Vics as well

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this will be an important 4 day game for McGain

it may determine his representative future

IanG

Coach
It must've been like a bloody oven in the MCG today.

When I saw the Big Bash Final it was the first I'd seen of Bryce McGain and it looked to me as he still had a few cob webs to blow out. Mind you it was hard to judge from just 4 overs.

Also is Nick Jewell only a 4 day player?

eddiesmith

Juniors
Yeah it was quite bad at the G, couldnt imagine what it would have been like to have been in the middle all day, I am just happy it was at the G with plenty of cooler areas to relax, especially when the change moved in after tea, but if it had been the Junktion Oval! :shock:

Yeah Nick is only a 4 day player, can seem attacking in the 4 day stuff, but I dont think they see him as attacking enough for 1 day cricket, although he is trying to make himself an all rounder giving himself the most overs each week at district level, takes wickets too

Got to 45 yesterday before a 'cool' change got it down to the low 30s at about 5pm.

Jewell has been consistent for a couple of seasons now, this is his level though. He is also the last of a dieing breed of professional footballers becoming cricketers.

Vics now 7/350

SA 9/348 (dec)
Manou 124
McDonald 6/68

Not sure why they declared, the 9th wicket fell then the #11 faced one ball, with 4 balls left in an over and then they pulled the pin.

Latest posts