What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocks in Roo Tour squad

Costaki

Juniors
the hole test squad is bullshit
im a dogs supporter and i think mason shouldn't of made the team.Mason played shit all yeah dropped every ball. Steven price had the best season played week in and week out 100%.

Preston campbell where is he.He had a very strong game in the grand final.Was alwayz looking 4 the ball and he tackeled like he was the top tackeler not the worst.

skeepe

Immortal
I for one hope Chris Anderson doesn't get the Australian job again next year. I don't think he should really have any job near the top level these days. He used to be a great coach, but now he's just an egotistical wreck.

Deadset, with Anderson at the helm the only thing that surprised me was that he didn't include Fui Fui Moi Moi in the Kangaroos squad. If you're looking for rational decisions from Anderson, it will be a rather fruitless search.

dimitri

First Grade
I BELIEVE THE AUSTRALIAN COACH SHOULD BECOME A FULL TIME JOB

whoever is named aus coach should not coach any other team

instead they shall only concentrate on the roos team and international footy

and when not doing that shall work for the ARL doing promtions, coaching clinics etc etc

imagine having someone like mal menina coaching the roos then when no tests are being played he can tour schools and junior sides for promotions

that would be awesome and beneficial to the game

much more beneficial to the farcial situation we have at the moment

John_Travolta

Juniors
I don`t see how Willie Mason should go, he done f**k all, he`s way over rated, I`m still scratching my head at why the hell wasn`t Scott Sattler or Ryan O"HARA !!!!! whats doing?!?!?!?!? sheesh, are they picking on form or NOT?!?!?!?..........hell., then why wasn`t the Clive Churchill medallist chosen??? **sighs** wake up selectors really.

Troy

Razor

Coach
John_Travolta said:
I don`t see how Willie Mason should go, he done f**k all, he`s way over rated, I`m still scratching my head at why the hell wasn`t Scott Sattler or Ryan O"HARA !!!!! whats doing?!?!?!?!? sheesh, are they picking on form or NOT?!?!?!?..........hell., then why wasn`t the Clive Churchill medallist chosen??? **sighs** wake up selectors really.

Troy

O'Hara is injured

bartman

Immortal
Kimmorley in test squad = joke.

NZ have a lack of stand out halves available, and I half wish Kimmorley would start the game just so he can get shown up by a part-time halfback, and then he and Anderson can be shown the door at national level.

Then early next season Anderson can get shown the door by the Sharks (where he has done nothing but destabilise), Noddy can resign in protest, and they can go and live together in a love shack on Cape York happily ever after.

Nepotism/favouritism should have no place in national selections. From now on, any nominees for Australian Coach should not have club commitments for the length of their appointment!

Victor Trumper

Juniors
It is just such a bizzare squad.

You expect selection suprises, generally its some young kid who the are taken away merely for the experience with an eye for the future in hoping he develops into a quality player. In this regards I have no problem with the selection of Waterhouse.

You are never going to get total agreement as there are so many quality players, so although I feel for Wesser as I think he is a great footballer, with Lockyear and Minichello around it was always going to be tough. However, the likes of Bailey and Mason choosen over some of the quality forwards who missed out and Kimmorley over about 1/2 a dozen better halves is absolutely mystifying.

Some people here have criticised players for pulling out of the tour for dubious reasons claiming it cheapens the jumper, however the actions of the coach, and the selectors, lets not forget them, have done just as much in cheapening the image of the Kangaroo jersey.