What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Australia replace Frank Farina

Giallorosso

Juniors
Hey I'm italiano myself and I love Frankie boy but unfortunetly I don't think he's up to the job of coaching an international football team.

Should we replace Frankie boy??

No not at such a late stage of the World Cup qualifying process. He has had the reins for the whole 4 year period and to replace him now would be wrong. It would not be fair on Franks replacement if we did not qualify and would not be fair on Frank if we did.

What we do need to change is our defence in certain areas and also get Zelic back to sweep.

perth sharkie

Juniors
Farina should've been sacked four years ago. Australia have gone backwards under him. We've got no chance of qualifying for the 2006 World Cup now, regardless or whether Frank stays or goes. But the FFA should sack him ASAP to best prepare for 2010, he is truly incompetent.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Who would replace him? At least he is an Aussie - I have doubts that a foreigner could possibly have their heart in it as much as a patriot. At least not in the world game. Other sports is another thing like seeing an Aussie ex-cricketer coach a side like Kenya. But when the competition is so even with more than a couple of sides who dominate, the coach really needs to be dedicated.

I would like to see Farina be an assistant coach somewhere like Man U, Chelsea or Real Madrid for a couple of years. Then he can take what he learns to the national side.

fish eel

Immortal
Not now, stupid to replace him now.

Nick Theo would be ideal if you wanted an Australian, but there would be nothing wrong with getting an o/s coach.

sunny

Bora Militunovic has been suggested as a replacement should we sack Farina now, as he has experience taking over national sides at short notice.

watto

Juniors
I dont think it a wise move to get Farina out now. They had the chance to do it inn the last 2 years and doing it now would be wrong on all parts. The incoming coach wouldnt have enough time to set the team up the way he wants it and this close to a world cup we should let Farina see if he can do what he has been aiming for all this time. If it is a failure then 100% new coach.
I would love to see an Australian coach as NT Manager but if we employed Nick Theo I think we would be in the same boat as Farina is now. There is no point in comprimising quality for patriotism

MONY

Juniors
its simple we just have terrible defenders..... its not the coaches fault if the players are not good enough.