What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should be playing 1st grade!

Rory

Juniors
So far in the tournament, what player/s that don't play first grade should be playing first grade?

For me it's
Mitch Mamary - Lebanon (Wentworthville)
Joey Tramontana - Italy (Dogs u20s)

Opinions?

cleary89

Coach
Is Garry Lo in the level below ESL?

I thought Adam Doueihi for Lebanon has been good. Looked dangerous each time they got him the ball. Only 19 and played Australian schoolboys.

Dakink

Bench
Where does the bald no 12 for scotland play? He was very impressive v samoa. Dale Ferguson I think he was.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Number 10 for Lebanon looks the goods, sorry I've forgotten his name.

Rhyse Martin from png.

Wellington Albert png ?.

Some french reserve forwards looked the goods too.

Liam Kay the Irish number 5 impressed me also.

Rory

Juniors
Oh yeah, basically the entire png team should be playin first grade, incredible players, have really stepped it up since 2013

natheel

Coach
Number 10 for Lebanon looks the goods, sorry I've forgotten his name.

Rhyse Martin from png.

Wellington Albert png ?.

Some french reserve forwards looked the goods too.

Liam Kay the Irish number 5 impressed me also.

Number 10 is Alex Twal. Plays for Tigers. Finished he year in first grade.

Rory

Juniors
Wales no. 2
Ireland no 12
Wales no 23

all looked like quality

wales number 2 is regan grace and plays first grade for st helens aswell as ireland number 12 louie mccarthy.

Josh ralph was pure quality though, plays 2nd grade

Evil Homer

Staff member
wales number 2 is regan grace and plays first grade for st helens aswell as ireland number 12 louie mccarthy.

Josh ralph was pure quality though, plays 2nd grade
You've got both of those wrong, the Ireland #12 is Oliver Roberts who plays for Huddersfield and the Wales #2 is Rhys Williams who plays for London Broncos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if the NRL made any player signing from PNG exempt from salary cap for two years if more NRL clubs would be wiling to give them a shot?

Pedge1971

First Grade
I wonder if the NRL made any player signing from PNG exempt from salary cap for two years if more NRL clubs would be wiling to give them a shot?

Its kinda weird. Between 10 and 20 years ago there were a lot of PNG players that made it into 1st grade in the ARL/NRL. most know Marcus Bai and Lam, but guys like Arnold Krewanty and Darai Kovae became cult heroes on the wing at Newcastle in the Knights early days and I am sure there were many more names on the fringe of 1st grade at other clubs (Bal Numapo and George Benson spring to mind).

Then it all kind of went quiet. Players like Segyaro and Mead have come along recently but have spent more time in Oz than PNG.

Nice little article. Check out Marcus Bai's story re the witch doctor when asked about the pressure of an nrl grand final!!
http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/from-big-bal-to-george-benson-a-love-letter-to-png-football/