What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should qld look to mckenna

salivor

First Grade
They lack mobility in the pack. I don't see a major problem with Lockyer, Hegarty, Tate, Hodges and Sing. What QLD need is to give Ikin the flick and get someone who can actually organise the side and not put every kick down Minichiello's throat.

millersnose

Post Whore
salivor said:
They lack mobility in the pack. I don't see a major problem with Lockyer, Hegarty, Tate, Hodges and Sing. What QLD need is to give Ikin the flick and get someone who can actually organise the side and not put every kick down Minichiello's throat.

most of mckennas career has been in the 2nd row

and hodges is out and sing is ....well sing :lol:

salivor

First Grade
Well you give McKenna an NRL contract and a ticket back to Aus and we'll see what happens.

millersnose

Post Whore
salivor said:
Well you give McKenna an NRL contract and a ticket back to Aus and we'll see what happens.

i believe langer played for qld without being in the NRL

and i cannot afford a ticket for mr mckenna

salivor

First Grade
As Saints fans would say, hes a special case. Tonie Carroll was hoping he'd also get picked for origin while playing in England. He sooned learned he'd have to come back to Australia to do so.

millersnose

Post Whore
salivor said:
As Saints fans would say, hes a special case. Tonie Carroll was hoping he'd also get picked for origin while playing in England. He sooned learned he'd have to come back to Australia to do so.

maybe no one would buy him a ticket

Kiwi

First Grade
No qld shouldn't. there is nothing wrong with the forards, move Hegarty to centre, put Chinton on the wing, Prince or Seymour in at 6 and problem over.

millersnose

Post Whore
Kiwi said:
No qld shouldn't. there is nothing wrong with the forards, move Hegarty to centre, put Chinton on the wing, Prince or Seymour in at 6 and problem over.

actually i thought qld were very slow and lethargic in the forwards

salivor

First Grade
There clearly is a problem with the forwards. Pedestrian is the best word I've heard to describe them. They were a good 30kg heavier than NSW and QLD have made a ton of missed tackles in the two games, at least double of what NSW have made.
Getting rid of Ikin would go a long way to evening the two sides up and with a solid kicking game QLD would have better field position but there does need to be a bit more mobility in the forwards.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think you'll find that the QLD forwards are mobile enough, big lads yes, but still mobile. The real problem was the kicking game, dropped ball and options other than Lockyer.

In game 1 the only problem was the injuries to some degree. Once the players tired it was hard, game 2 they just kept handing the ball back to nsw and played shite. If they had someone like Prince at Halfback, moved Berrigan to 6, and put someone like Barry Berrigan at hooker if marsh is still injured it would make a huge difference.

salivor

First Grade
They're certainly not as mobile as the NSW pack and thats the difference for me. As for your replacement options, your certainly not trying to hide the fact your a Broncos supporter ;-) . Barry Berrigan only has a handful of first grade games under his belt and Prince can't get a spot in the Broncos first grade squad because Ikin is sleeping with the coaches daughter.

salivor

First Grade
BTW this problem hasn't just popped up in this series. QLD were caught out in game 1 2002 with a big pack that before the game was supposedly going to squash NSW.

Kiwi

First Grade
salivor said:
They're certainly not as mobile as the NSW pack and thats the difference for me. As for your replacement options, your certainly not trying to hide the fact your a Broncos supporter ;-) . Barry Berrigan only has a handful of first grade games under his belt and Prince can't get a spot in the Broncos first grade squad because Ikin is sleeping with the coaches daughter.

Well if you think there are better options for hooker, and 6 running around other than Prince and Barry Berrigan I'm all ears.

salivor

First Grade
Theres not a great deal of options around but I would like to see Thurston given a go in the future and I wouldn't mind seeing Bowen again. Bringing him on in the 63rd min when the game was lost and no platform has been set is no real indication of how he can go at that level.
As far as Barry Berrigan, I'd have Maguire (who was rumoured as a bolter for the game 2 team) at hooker before him for QLD.

Kiwi

First Grade
salivor said:
Theres not a great deal of options around but I would like to see Thurston given a go in the future and I wouldn't mind seeing Bowen again. Bringing him on in the 63rd min when the game was lost and no platform has been set is no real indication of how he can go at that level.
As far as Barry Berrigan, I'd have Maguire (who was rumoured as a bolter for the game 2 team) at hooker before him for QLD.

Forgot about Thurston. McGuire has been in good form as well.

legend

Coach
There's no way old farts like Gee are up for Origin footy anymore when guys like Fitzgibbon, Kennedy, Bailey & co are playing for the opposition. They are just as big, twice as fit and twice as fast.

Qld have underestimated the loss of Marsh, Hodges and Flannery. Game 3 should be used as an experiment for the future of Qld. Gee and Sattler should be flicked and so should Carroll. All three were awful the other night.

Ben Ross is a player of the future for the Maroons as is Hannay, Slater and Bowen. Qld have options it's just the coach refuses to give anyone outside his inner sanctum a fair go.

Latest posts