What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Saints release Firman to Keep Head

Should we release Firman to keep Head

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Acka

Coach
Hi Guys,
Just running a poll to see if we should release Brett Firman to keep Matthew Head. In my opininon it has to be a big no. While Head is very good player IMHO Firman is the kind of player that can win us a premiership.

Collateral

Coach
Agreed. Firman has that extra special something known as the X factor.

Keep them both and play one of them at 5/8 and Barrett to Lock.

Biglance

Bench
keep em both but this is an ongoing thing why dont we wait till the end and see wat happens

Sticks

Juniors
At this point I'd be sticking with Matty Head. He's playing well and he doesn't have an injury rap sheet like Firmo. In a perfect world we'd keep them both, this is still possible.
Hold all bets for the moment.

Sticks

Simon

Juniors
Head has to stay. Firman has played 1 of the last 4 seasons, with the other 3 seasons seeing him injured. I don't want to see Head at another club and Firman on the side lines like all our other stars. If Firman has to be released for Head to stay then so be it.

Acka

Coach
RedDragon said:
Agreed. Firman has that extra special something known as the X factor.

Keep them both and play one of them at 5/8 and Barrett to Lock.

That reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend he said that Firman should move to 5/8th and Barrett should move to lock.

Lose Firman. He's just a more nuggety, less dangerous version of Head and I don't care what the sprint tests show he's a yard slower then Matty.

Simon

Juniors
If we loose Riddell then maybe Firman can play hooker. I doubt Barrett will move to 5/8th and I wouldn't want to see that anyway. I'd say only 1 will be kept. Another player to add to this list is Holdsworth who's also off contract. I can't see us keeping him past this season, especially if Head, Firman and Barrett all stay.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Just hang on until Gus gets his way & the Cap gets increased - then Saints can keep all their players...

Cheers,
Ben S.

sleepy_jackson

Juniors
I reckon we keep both, but i doubt either wants to be playing in the premier league, so i would say keepy Head. He is a smarter footballer, he's got the ultimate rugby league brain. He passess, runs and kicks at the right times and this is what the dragons need to wina premiership. Too often we have lost games because of our knack of having major brain explosions. With matt head we have that calm head (no pun intended) in the team that does not buckle under pressure. He has shown in the absence of trent barrett that he can lead this team even without a recognisable 5/8 with him he is able to control the game. Firman failed to do this. Ever since seeing matty heade play for Dapto High in the commonwealth bank cup i was convinced this player was one of a kind.

Acka

Coach
sleepy_jackson said:
I reckon we keep both, but i doubt either wants to be playing in the premier league, so i would say keepy Head. He is a smarter footballer, he's got the ultimate rugby league brain. He passess, runs and kicks at the right times and this is what the dragons need to wina premiership. Too often we have lost games because of our knack of having major brain explosions. With matt head we have that calm head (no pun intended) in the team that does not buckle under pressure. He has shown in the absence of trent barrett that he can lead this team even without a recognisable 5/8 with him he is able to control the game. Firman failed to do this. Ever since seeing matty heade play for Dapto High in the commonwealth bank cup i was convinced this player was one of a kind.

What are you talking about Saints only had Barrett play 5 games last year and Brett Firman went really well last year, so well in fact if the Dally M's had not have been cancelled he was a very big chance of winning the rookie of the year award.

Godz Illa

Coach
Its a hell of a dilemma. It is of such magnitude, the eventual decision may define the Dragons for the next few years. Halfback - such a crucial position, two undoubted bright talents - with only a year's worth of material to judge them on, in terms of first grade experience.
For what its worth, I think Firman's injury record tip the scales in Head's favour.

Acka

Coach
sleepy_jackson said:
We didn't make the finals did we acka? thats my point.

But look at all the other injuries Saints had, IMHO to get within 1 win of the finals with the players we had out was a good effort.

sleepy_jackson

Juniors
But surely u have to agree that matty head is definetly the reason we r in the 8 at the moment and i cant see why we wouldnty be there at seasons end, that is if he doesnt succumb to injury.

Latest posts