What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should the club show loyalty?

Should Melbourne Storm show loyalty to Danny Williams and give/offer him a two year contract?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Ok, what Danny Williams did was wrong...OK, and I don't really want to cover old ground, so now my question

Should Melbourne Storm show loyalty to him and give/offer him a two year contract so he can finish he's playing career playing the game he loves?

Since join the club he has been one of those players that is the last to get a contract and on all occassion bar one they have been from one year only.

He has helped promote not only the club but the game of league in Melbourne since the beginning.

So your thoughts

ibeme

First Grade
Well he's just helped to demote the game in Melbourne, undoing a lot of the good work he's done.

Any loyalty they show should be limited to seeing out this contract, and keeping him in mind for when he returns from suspension. No reason why he can't continue to train with them, maybe for a small retainer, but they shouldn't be signing him on any contracts.

Jamesy

Juniors
why not. hes a good player and he just had a bad brain explosion. everyone has them, just some worde than others. maybe give him a contract thats worth considerably ess coz of his lack of playing next season.

The Colonel

Immortal
Manly have seemingly given Hopoate quite a lot of chances so I can't see why Williams shouldn't get one - however he would e pretty much a marked man. Any more appearances at the judiciary could be worth more than most....

Dog-E

Juniors
Sure...ORRRR you could throw that $$$ at some good, young players - players that - for example - will actually be able to PLAY that first season...and not bring utter shame & disgrace upon a club struggling so desperately for credibility in their home state as it is...

Danny Williams has had his chances...and he's blown them. The FUTURE of the Storm most definitely lies elsewhere IMO...

Dog-E

Juniors
Hmmm, that came accross abit too harsh - I mean - he's hardly the antichrist or anything....but at what 28/9 now - i'm sorry, he may have been a hard & keen worker - but he has NEVER been the most talented player anyway....and its not like u guys get any salary cap concessions - so I really can't see whay you'd want to carry his @rse for 18 weeks!??! :?

Dog-E

Juniors
Would he actually even GET paid while he was suspended if u did re-sign him anyway??...I know the club has the power to suspend payments for suspensions & misbehaviour - and I dont think the Storm bean-counters would wear having 2 pay him for 18 weeks, while he sits around playing NRL on his playstation! :p

That may be worth the risk...if anything.

Hoggy

Bench
Well considering he already has missed two matches. That leaves 16.

We have 5 rounds left. That leaves 11.

And then there is finals - between 1 and 4. Leaves 7-10 for next season to take.

Dog-E

Juniors
That's still 18 weeks where he will be being paiud for at least some of it....if not all of it...for doing feckall!

If it was Billy Slater that did it - the answer would be clear....but Danny Williams - every club has several players like him!...Just your straight up & down, no nonsense, no-frills toiler....he can easy be replaced I would think?!?...Even given the loss of Reynoldson! (A much, MUCH better player than Williams!)

That's just how i see it anyway as an outsider...i know certain players can often gain a reputation - or a cult following that means FAR more to the fans than just the sum of what they bring to the park in terms of footy skills! :)

Hoggy

Bench
Needless to say he has served his club very very well.

Premiership player
Inception player
etc

He has shown loyalty to us so I reckon the club should show loyalty to him.

And also, for this year the games he misses would have to be payed out surely.

innsaneink

Referee
I would think the Storm would wanna distance themselves from that lowlife piece of shit.......but seeing as the CEO and club supported him in trying to weasel his way out of his disgusting criminal act using a pathetic excuse of "I dont remember"....it wouldnt surprise me if they kept him on.

Dog-E

Juniors
And I'm sure he was very well financially rewarded for his 'loyalty'!!

Was anyone else ever interested at him at any stage?...Did he ever have anywhere else TO go??

I don't think eiother party OWES the other anything here....and if anything - it's Danny Williams that owes the MOST contrite of apologies to the Storm club & fans - because as several above said - inception player or not - in 10 senconds flat, he has undone a a fair bit of YEARS of previous good, hard groundwork on Rugby league down there!! THAT'S what made me angriest about the whole thing from the moment it happened!

Macca

Coach
I think he deserved the 18 weeks and that the Storm should wash their hands of him. He acted disgracefully and can walk for all I care.

JJ

Immortal
They don't need to show any loyalty, that's not what professional league is about.

Given that he can't play, at best he's an ordinary (well, very ordinary) first grade player who is apparently a few sandwiches short of a picnic and has violent tendencies on and off the field, Melbourne and indeed all other clubs have to weigh up the pro's and con's and decide how much if any money they are willing to spend on him.

Personally, i wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and Manly seem to realise that on balance giving Hoppa another chance was a mistake. But in terms of playing ability, Hoppa is light years ahead of Williams

Hoggy

Bench
innsaneink said:
I would think the Storm would wanna distance themselves from that lowlife piece of sh*t.......but seeing as the CEO and club supported him in trying to weasel his way out of his disgusting criminal act using a pathetic excuse of "I dont remember"....it wouldnt surprise me if they kept him on.

Yeah and Kearney is a arsehole as well?

JJ

Immortal
Hoggy said:
innsaneink said:
I would think the Storm would wanna distance themselves from that lowlife piece of sh*t.......but seeing as the CEO and club supported him in trying to weasel his way out of his disgusting criminal act using a pathetic excuse of "I dont remember"....it wouldnt surprise me if they kept him on.

is this an in-joke??

Williams is a crap player, he attacks team-mates and oponents... nuff said.

I presume you're suggesting Kearney is a wanker? I dunno, but the names Steve Kearney and Danny Williams should never be utterred in the same sentence when talking about football talent, or possible signings

Earl

Coach
I don't think he should be re-signed. If you had of asked me that before the king hit I would have said exactly the same thing though.

innsaneink

Referee
Hoggy said:
innsaneink said:

Not my fault you club is full of maggotts.

I'm talking about williams.
This threads about williams.

Im not alone in my opinion.

If you think Kearneys an arsehole thats you prerogative...start a thread if you like.

Must be fun having a conflict of interest whilst cheering! :lol:

Latest posts