What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOULD THE STATS AGAINST THE BANGA'S COUNT??

ozzie

Bench
Reading one of last weeks papers I came across an interesting article from some nutty telecrap writer that all Australian statistics against Balgladesh shouldn't count.

My comment to this arguement is that we have only played two tests and against Balgladesh and Sri Lanka has played far more as well as India and other countries. Are they going to sponge the cheap wickets and runs off their records - ask the chukka from Sri lanka who has over 30 wickets against them if he should give them up! You would get short shifted there.

The same writer had stated that the Australians had shown no respect to the Banga's by holding teaching techniques (ie Brett lee showing them how to bowl with a new ball) on the morning of the test matches.

What are your thoughts on this? I Know if I was a banga medium pacer and had the opportunity to be coached by Brett Lee even at midnight I woudl jump at the chance.
I regard the article as stupidity at its best.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Old records count so why not new ones?

You can't just decide to keep records once countries become good.

Kasper

Bench
The stats should definately count. Bangladesh are internationl playing nation on the improve.

midas

Juniors
Of course the stats should be counted.We counted stats against West Indies,S Africa,India,Pakistan,NZ in their formative years.

Stevo_G

Juniors
of course they should count they are a test nation just becuase they are not that good it will only be time untill they can win matches or be competitive

bayrep

Juniors
They got close to winning their 1st test against the Pakies. They just needed 1 wicket and the pakies needed 4 runs.

Though how many people would have come out asking if the game had been rigged ?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I think everyone but Ricky Ponting would want the Stats to count!

Bagladesh are now in the top group on world cricket so they should be treated as such!