What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should there be an international RL 9s tournament?

geordie_saint

Juniors
Isn't the idea to have a World 9s every other year when there is no end of season RLIF event i.e. start of 2018/2020 seasons?

roughyedspud

Coach
Isn't the idea to have a World 9s every other year when there is no end of season RLIF event i.e. start of 2018/2020 seasons?

thats the plan at the moment

2017 RLWC
2018 pre season world9s
2019 post season intercontinental cup
2020 pre season world9s
2021 RLWC

and before anyone one says "player burn out"...my england 9s team looks nothing like the test team..so its not as if players will be doubling up with post then pre season comps

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
thats the plan at the moment

2017 RLWC
2018 pre season world9s
2019 post season intercontinental cup
2020 pre season world9s
2021 RLWC

and before anyone one says "player burn out"...my england 9s team looks nothing like the test team..so its not as if players will be doubling up with post then pre season comps

Id rather the preseason stayed with Club 9s (SL should take it on too) and the 9sWC played post season in the place you have the Intercontinental Cup

(BTW, what is a intercontinetal Cup??)

Chip Kick

Juniors
the only two presason competition from are the Cabramatta International and NRL Auckland.

SL should look at reviving their World Nines

Latest posts