What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should this be a concern for Knight's fans?

Pika

Bench
Staff let go in the last two weeks:

2 Physios (including the head Physio).
2 back office staff (that I am aware of)
Rip Taylor.
Jets Strength Coach (who signed a two year contract and lasted three weeks).

I have no idea how many are to be replaced so this may not be down sizing.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Staff let go in the last two weeks:

2 Physios (including the head Physio).
2 back office staff (that I am aware of)
Rip Taylor.
Jets Strength Coach (who signed a two year contract and lasted three weeks).

I have no idea how many are to be replaced so this may not be down sizing.

What do soccer players need with a strength coach anyway ;-)

Seriously though, Im not sure what to make of that Pika. Like you said it could just be normal turn over like any business or it could be a sign of some cost cutting.

Hmmmm

As long as the team aren't disadvantaged. I would hope it is a case of either surplus requirements or there are better qualified folk for the jobs listed.

Strength coaching in A League football is essential Joker. It allows you to get up off the deck and miraculously heal your ankle once a free kick is given. Diving can hurt if u f### it up.

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
I'm hearing some not real good things.

Co-incidence.
You are hearing not good things - I am seeing and knowing not good things..................

I know what he wants to happen, but in this climate it aint gonna happen.

Ulysseus

Bench
FYI - quiet a few of us from around the place were offered exorbitant amounts of money to go to Whitehaven and everyone turned him down - and in hindsight with f**king good reason.
Maules Creek is a shit prospect and Whitehaven were f**king stupid to purchase Aston in the first place.

knightsfan2292

Juniors
I'm guessing that given he can't build his coal loader any more, that the land is surplus to his requirements and that he'll either settle in his own time, or not at all and let them take him to court to get the money out of him. Just the standard Tinky way of doing business...

Except they've already taken him to the Supreme Court, so he's now ignored a court order to pay up.

This bloke is a high risk taker. The Knights financial performance will be interesting. Must never be forgotten that this bloke gave us a clean slate. It is not the end of the world if he was to go under. I am backing Tinks to sort this one out. It is very common to be waiting for money for months if u r a contractor. The contractors complaining are just plain unrealistic really. 3-6 mths is standard in this day and age. Ever since the GFC it is often longer.

Pika

Bench
This bloke is a high risk taker. The Knights financial performance will be interesting. Must never be forgotten that this bloke gave us a clean slate. It is not the end of the world if he was to go under. I am backing Tinks to sort this one out. It is very common to be waiting for money for months if u r a contractor. The contractors complaining are just plain unrealistic really. 3-6 mths is standard in this day and age. Ever since the GFC it is often longer.

Really?

Not in any sector I deal with.

Mining, Engineering and Power are my three big area's and not a single Client goes over 60-70 Days on a 30 day account.

Most of these contractors dealing with the Knights trade on seven day accounts. No other debtor holds money to the contractors like the Knights.

I know of at least one surgeon withheld money for over five months on a seven day account. This surgeon has never experienced anything like it in over 25 years of business.

Stop making excuses for him.

His payment is apalling and it is certainly not the norm.

Big Tim

First Grade
Really?

Mining, Engineering and Power are my three big area's and not a single Client goes over 60-70 Days on a 30 day account.

Most of these contractors dealing with the Knights trade on seven day accounts. No other debtor holds money to the contractors like the Knights.

I know of at least one surgeon withheld money for over five months on a seven day account. This surgeon has never experienced anything like it in over 25 years of business.

If its anything like the business I am in, some accounts get paid promptly, and consistently. Others? They have to get blood from a stone before we pay them..... or offer something we need.

macavity

Referee
Really?

It's disgusting. As a business owner it is a matter of pride and principle to pay your accounts on time. I couldn't sleep at night if I was screwing people over.

Latest posts