What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showtime Arabia

roopy

Referee
On the Roast today they found it hilarious that the NRL has been picked up by Showtime Arabia - but I think it's a big thing that the NRL will now be viewable across the middle east.
They also found it hilarious that the Tigers are advertising to the Chinese market in Sydney on chinese radio and papers.
Also a good move.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
And they wonder why everyone else rubbishes international RL, well just look at the idiots on our TV screens and listen to the radio.

I emailed that moron Hadley a few weeks ago in regards to the expates and yanks ringing him up to tell them they can watch the NRL and SL on AmericaOne, he didn't read it out or respond.

And what's so funny about being able to watch RL in another country, do any of these idiots have a brain, is everything a damn joke to them?

roughyed8

Juniors
On the Roast today they found it hilarious that the NRL has been picked up by Showtime Arabia - but I think it's a big thing that the NRL will now be viewable across the middle east.
They also found it hilarious that the Tigers are advertising to the Chinese market in Sydney on chinese radio and papers.
Also a good move.

Showtime is also available to the Canary and Greek islands in fact all acroos the Med :thumni watched the Knights and Sea Eagles game last week while on hols in Gran Canaria, something i cant do in the UK:(

I believe that IMG have bought the rights to NRL and hopefully the UK will have the games soon.

Such insular views ruin any chance RL has of growing. No wonder RU people laugh at our presence when when comparing the two sports:?

Coastbloke

Bench
Vossy is a fan off International League, but unfortunately, he also sees himself as a bit of a comedian..

He's also pandering to an on air team of NRL-centrics like Mark Geyer and TK who think the game revolves around NSW and QLD with a small outpost in England..

Let's face it, the core audience of the Sunday Footy Show and the Roast only want to hear about the local weekend action..Rugby League is a victim of it's success as a club game, and of course there would be a Channel 9 directive to sell sell sell State of Origin..

Lastly they would probably correctly conceive that the general public don't care about International league given Sydney's allocation of International games this year..

It's a long educational process I fear..

RedVee

First Grade
Vossy is a fan off International League, but unfortunately, he also sees himself as a bit of a comedian..

He's also pandering to an on air team of NRL-centrics like Mark Geyer and TK who think the game revolves around NSW and QLD with a small outpost in England..

Let's face it, the core audience of the Sunday Footy Show and the Roast only want to hear about the local weekend action..Rugby League is a victim of it's success as a club game, and of course there would be a Channel 9 directive to sell sell sell State of Origin..

Lastly they would probably correctly conceive that the general public don't care about International league given Sydney's allocation of International games this year..

It's a long educational process I fear..

Maybe we need bumper stickers "I watch the roast and I care about Int'l RL".
BTW - I do watch the roast, and I do care.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think you guys have read too much into this. Not everything has to be serious you realise?

There was no harm in the jokes they were making.