What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Woolford!

chileman

Coach
Now as a Manly fan I know well and good how much fans hated the so called whinging and ear bashing that Toovey gave refereees when he was captain of Manly....has Woolford taken over the reins of Geoff as the worst whinger in the game....he was bad last year and in his first game against the Dragons this season everytime a decision went against the Raiders he was right into the ref whinging, complaining and arguing his head off till it became more than just annoying!

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol
i gotta say i love the fact everyone hates woolford
but he is one if not ther best captain going around

next time have a look at the raiders when he complaining, they looked buggered, thus one must conclude that he whinges when he feels his team needs abit of a breether

smart player and personally one of favs 8)

GO GERM!!

He may be a whinger, but he is one of the toughest bastards on the footy field and a great natural leader. That's all I care about.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have to switch off my sports ears when the dogs play the raiders, the bloke never shuts up, he's such a girl.

Godz Illa

Coach
And remember last year when the Dogs played down in Canberra? Woolford copped a high but innocuous and soft shot, and he stayed down so the video ref could intervene and award a penalty. Low act. The Dogs openly accused him of cheating.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he aslo had a f**king fat muther f**ker jump on him while he layed on the ground
to me thats what classifys a low act

and prove to me he stayed down to get video ref assistance?
too me it looked like the bloke copped on the chops and was a bit dusty afterwards

Raider_69

Post Whore
ohh and a 110kg+ man jumping on him while he layed there was a soft hit too?
i dont think he would have stayed down had Omeally not jumped on him

and i ask the question? Is making contact with the head illegal? Yes
and should it not be stamped out of our game? Yes
so whats the problems? O'mealy got what he deserved

hrundi99

First Grade
George_Illa said:
The shot was soft. If he's as tough as you claim he is it would have caused him no distress.

Says you sitting in front of a computer with your pasty skin and girly wrists.

Give me a break. :roll:

Godz Illa

Coach
My problem is that Woolford exploited a loophole. This loophole is open to everyone who plays the game, but so far only Woolford has exploited it. If you know you've been hit high, then, regardless of whether you are injured or not, stay down. The ref will halt the game, the video ref will take a look, see that it was high (doesnt look too bad, really, but geez the guy is still down injured so it must have been) and instruct the referee to award a penalty.
Woolford has taken the first step on the path to a game of diving, histrionics and play-acting. This is rugby league, not soccer. There is no place in this, the most gladatorial of sports, for that kind of bullsh*t. If you're not hurt, then get up and get on with the game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ok so what your saying is because the ref has no f**king balls to say, nope that was fair hit then its woolfords fault?
I would like to see you get smacked around the chops by omealy then have him jump on you, lets see how f**king quick you get up

besides if first contact is with the head it dosnt matter if it looked soft or not, wether the player is injured or no, its a f**king penalty jackass

Godz Illa

Coach
Raider_69 said:
besides if first contact is with the head it dosnt matter if it looked soft or not, wether the player is injured or no, its a f***ing penalty jackass

You're clutching at some pretty feeble straws there, 'jackass'. What I'm talking about is the very spirit of the game. The core values of the game - hard and tough, but fair. That key ethic is meant to exist in all the players. Staying down when you're not hurt goes against the grain of those ideals. Note how irate Steve Folkes was about that incident. Sure his team lost, but they played well and there was no great reason to be upset. As a former player, he was offended by Woolford's actions.

Raider_69

Post Whore
still yet to answer my question
can you prove that woolford stayed down because he wanted a penatly?
can you prove that woolford was not even the slight bit bothered by the hit?

if not then i suggest you not comment
he got smacked around the head ffs, one of your dragons stayed down on the weekend, are we to suggest he too was looking for a penatly?
:roll:

Godz Illa

Coach
Raider_69 said:
still yet to answer my question
can you prove that woolford stayed down because he wanted a penatly?
can you prove that woolford was not even the slight bit bothered by the hit?

Well obviously I can't prove it, any more than you can prove he stayed down because he was hurt.

if not then i suggest you not comment
he got smacked around the head ffs, one of your dragons stayed down on the weekend, are we to suggest he too was looking for a penatly?
:roll:

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Many of my fellow Saints fans, excluding myself, have their suspicions about Luke Davico.

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol
suspicions about davico? your kidding, he hit the saints bloke around the head, the bloke that stayed down was just "soft" :roll:

firstly its innocent untill proven guilty so i guess that makes germ INNOCENT