What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

size of 200g chicken breast

Carnifex

Juniors
hey guys, ive got a kilo of chicken breast and am trying to cut it into 200g portions but do not have a scale...is there another way to work it out?

yawn

Juniors
Use measuring cups.

Cut it into like 10-20 pieces and use measuring cups.

Somehow try to use some sort of containers to estimate it into 5 piles of chicken.

Or use a jelly bowl and fill it with some water and try to measure by how much the water elevates.

Carnifex

Juniors
So how did it go, what did you cook, did you get laid, etc etc............:D

Laid? i wish :( :lol:

i ended up cutting them into equal portions (as equal as i could get anyway)...i brought some scales today though so in the future ill be a bit more accurate. I am aiming for alot of protein...my personal trainer suggested 200g but said anywhere between 200-280g is good for what i am trying to achieve.

thanks guys

11Straight

Juniors
Went and got some more chicken today....just over 1kilo and got some scales and each breast was between 250g-280g..so you were pretty spot on.
Yep that is about the average of a breast fillet portion because the shops usually buy breast fillets fillited off size 14 or smaller birds.