What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Off season overhaul says Pierce

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dread said:
Dykes's future under cloud as struggling Sharks face overhaul

CRONULLA chief executive Greg Pierce plans to ask five-eighth Adam Dykes about speculation linking him to English Super League club Castleford as part of a review into the Sharks dramatic end-of-season collapse.

Dykes's agent, George Mimis, has previously denied his client intended seeking a release from Cronulla but rumours of an impending move re-surfaced at Toyota Park after Saturday night's gut-wrenching 32-28 capitulation to Penrith.

How the f*ck has this club managed to stay afloat this long?
The place is run by amateurs. he plans to ask him. but thought he'd tell a newspaper first hey? FMFF!!! Amateurs!!!!!!
Does he know what Adam looks like?
Does he not know Adams mobile number?
Does Adam take reservations for questions ?
Rumours Re-surfaced on Saturday night hey. what, after 20 schooners?
Was Pogo there wearing his anti Dykes regala & yelling the rumours out on a megaphone?

FFS!!!!! AMATEURS!!!!!!!!

pogo

Juniors
dont believe everything you hear or read backflip.

now .......you are being extremely unfair to amateurs, as well !!

OmniShark

Juniors
Trying to make Dykes the scapegoat for this year (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary) is pathetically clumsy & weak administration.

By now every man & his dog know Raper & Kimmorley are the problems.
Pierce is doing himself no favours with the fan & sponsor base if he continues embarrassing himself like this.

givmeabeer

Juniors
A total clean out needs to be done throughout all grades and at junior level The club needs the right support staff

Frenzy.

Immortal
someone over on the first page said:
Pierce can start the overhaul with himself.Then get rid of raper followed by kimmorley

That's the worry. Any cleanout instigated by those that need to be cleaned out will result in nothing.

The cleanout has to come from the members. These flips need to be removed at the next election.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

zeppelin

Juniors
Dread said:
Speculate away. Interesting that the media still doesn't seem interested to push the 'sack Raper' barrow.

There were minor rumblings about it in todays telegraph, but i am absolutely amazed at the lack of specualtion about Rapers tenure at the club.

Geez Chris Anderson must be dead set grinning from ear to ear. makes you wonder, would we have been any worse off had we kept him???? certainly would have save a few hunder thousand in legal fee's.

Dread

Juniors
Interesting postscript to this piece..

I spoke to Pierce today; he reckons the off-season review will be conducted by someone independent and will go from the very bottom to the very top of the club. Sounds positive, could just be spin, but if this does happen, I just bloody hope they listen to whatever is suggested. Won't get my hopes up, but I thought people might be interested to hear it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
zeppelin said:
Geez Chris Anderson must be dead set grinning from ear to ear.
he doesn't grin or even slightly smile.

zeppelin said:
makes you wonder, would we have been any worse off had we kept him????
f**king oath we would have been worse off!!!!!
zeppelin said:
certainly would have save a few hunder thousand in legal fee's.
speculation.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Inferno said:
4 trys he setup actually, but I agree with your point.

Perhaps we should start another emailing campaign, save Dykes and punt Kimmorley. Pierce might think once Dykes is gone our problems will be over. But really all that will do leave us with a whole range of problems next year.

I agree. Scary thought huh?

Dread said:

I spoke to Pierce today; he reckons the off-season review will be conducted by someone independent and will go from the very bottom to the very top of the club. Sounds positive, could just be spin, but if this does happen, I just bloody hope they listen to whatever is suggested. Won't get my hopes up, but I thought people might be interested to hear it.

Im not sure about this approach, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

People come in who are there for two seconds and assume they know everything about the place (sorry if anyone does this for a living). Then they provide all their recommendations which can be totally misguided and are implemented, with the place becoming a mess. It has just recently happened at a place where a family member of mine use to work.

In the case of an organisation like the sharks which is a unique business, it probably wouldnt benefit overly from such a thing unless the reviewer had sporting administration background, who actually spent some time conducting the review, and was prepared to personally oversee the changes via taking up a senior management position. If we got the right person it could be the best investment the sharks ever made.

cheese

Bench
It may sound corny and over used, but If i was in charge, i'd pay a bloke like bellamy or his support staff 200k just for his/their honest opinion

money well spent imo

PJ

First Grade
How the f*ck has this club managed to stay afloat this long?
The place is run by amateurs. he plans to ask him. but thought he'd tell a newspaper first hey? FMFF!!! Amateurs!!!!!!

No longer thinking the board is doing a good job Blacky?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dread said:

Well for that to be done properly would take months so 2007 can be written off now. Obviously all the stakeholders would have to be interviewed.

The time to start this is NOW, while the current players are more readily available to be interviewed. It'll be pointless to interview players that have stayed because they are ostensibly happy nor will it be of value to talk to new signings. The obvious players and staff to talk to are the ones leaving. Who really thinks they'll be made available by their new clubs to help an opposition team out? No way. Some players will probably not even be in the country.

The obvious thing to do is get this independant to do exit interviews. Many organisations with modern management techniques do these as standard in order to pick up on issues that may of led to them leaving the employer.

Stinks of spin to me. The horses will of bolted before they get to starting this thing and only the stay puts and newbies will have a say and they are not going to bite the hand that feeds.

imasharkie

Coach
Dread said:

the lies this bloke tells will not make me consider the reveiw will be anything but a beat up. We all know the problems that are tearing the club down and those won't even get a mention.

PJ

First Grade
The ONLY way the independent analysis could work, and this is independant of what Frenzy said all of which I agree with, is if the results were made available to the general membership. You know the ones, the guys Pierce Inc is so sorry to have let down.

That way if/when it says Senior Management can shoulder a fair part of the blame they would find it more difficult to sweep aside or scapegoat. And they could do it easy enough as well without divulging sensitive or confidential information, but they won't.

Personally though, and I've seen a few of these external reviews done, I am yet to see a management team react with any anything other than a dismissive or aggressive attitude to any report that gives them anything other than faint criticism.

Latest posts