What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So because Thurston has a cry, Issac Luke is going to get suspended?

Bumble

First Grade
What a joke. For those that haven't seen it:

South Sydney hooker Isaac Luke is facing a one match suspension after being charged following the video review of his team's 32-4 win over North Queensland on Monday night.

Luke was charged with making dangerous contact with a kicker, Cowboys captain Johnathan Thurston, who was fuming after the late hit at ANZ Stadium.

He will miss one match unless he successfully contests the charge at a judiciary hearing.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...n/default.aspx

----

So first this prick gets off for his swearing tirade, now he's getting other people suspended. All this whilst we have every journo and pundit in the country saying that Hayne and Slater shouldn't be suspended because they have to play origin.

So instead the judiciary will just throw the book at a kiwi. F**king disgraceful.

Peppers

Juniors
What a joke. For those that haven't seen it:

South Sydney hooker Isaac Luke is facing a one match suspension after being charged following the video review of his team's 32-4 win over North Queensland on Monday night.

Luke was charged with making dangerous contact with a kicker, Cowboys captain Johnathan Thurston, who was fuming after the late hit at ANZ Stadium.

He will miss one match unless he successfully contests the charge at a judiciary hearing.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...n/default.aspx

----

So first this prick gets off for his swearing tirade, now he's getting other people suspended. All this whilst we have every journo and pundit in the country saying that Hayne and Slater shouldn't be suspended because they have to play origin.

So instead the judiciary will just throw the book at a kiwi. F**king disgraceful.

You don't reckon he hit him high and late?

perverse

Referee
well, if he's going to be suspended at all this year then a week off right now would be awesome. it won't harm my fantasy team that way.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont think he should be suspended, but as a Broncos fan Luke can have a week off....he deserves a rest.

Bumble

First Grade
You don't reckon he hit him high and late?

With a shoulder charge? That Thurston suffered absolutely no injury from?

I agree that it should have been a penalty in the game. No question. But for him to miss a week for it and Thurston, Slater and Hayne to get off free is pathetic.

Doug2234

First Grade
f**k me Bumble.. Eveyone is out to get the poor old Rabbits.

Luke is getting suspended
Champion should be playing for NSW

Have a f**king cry about everything..

El Diablo

Post Whore
it was late and high ffs

fully deserves it and Luke doesn't have the best record either

Eels Dude

Coach

I agree that it should have been a penalty in the game. No question. But for him to miss a week for it and Thurston, Slater and Hayne to get off free is pathetic.

I didn't see the incident. But did he hit him in the head or not? That's all that really matters.

Bumble

First Grade
I didn't see the incident. But did he hit him in the head or not? That's all that really matters.

Running through to block a kick, his shoulder hit Thurston high. Very little in it - don't let the Dragons fans tell you otherwise...

After all, they think Ben Hornby is a good halfback.

Quidgybo

Bench
Whether he was injured from it is irrelevant. Whether he complained about it is irrelevant. Whether he got off a completely different charge last week is irrelevant. The only relevant matter here is whether the hit was illegal according to the rules. And ultimately, if he wants it, Luke can have his day at the judiciary to argue it wasn't. There's somehow a disagreement that this is the way it should be?

Leigh.

Bumble

First Grade
Whether he was injured from it is irrelevant. Whether he complained about it is irrelevant. Whether he got off a completely different charge last week is irrelevant. The only relevant matter here is whether the hit was illegal according to the rules. And ultimately, if he wants it, Luke can have his day at the judiciary to argue it wasn't. There's somehow a disagreement that this is the way it should be?

Leigh.

I agree that it shouldn't make a difference if someone was injured, but it usually does.

My point is that it was in no way deserving of a suspension. A penalty in the game, I had no problems with. But this is a joke. Might even cost him the Dally M.

BranVan3000

Coach

I don't think so, Thurston had his arms up and Luke was already in momentum. There was barely anything in it, and certainly nothing malicious

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Running through to block a kick, his shoulder hit Thurston high. Very little in it - don't let the Dragons fans tell you otherwise...

After all, they think Ben Hornby is a good halfback.

He left the ground and got him in the head. The physical outcome is irrelvant.

user_nat

Coach
Complete joke that he got suspended for that.
Deserved a penalty in the game? Definitely. Suspension? No.
Similar things happen all the time and very rarely result in suspension.

The fact that he wasn't even penalized in the game means that even though he committed the "crime" against the Cowboys, Brisbane will be the only team that benefits. Obviously this is a problem with the whole system and happens all the time (no way around it). However, since I happen to support Brisbane.. this is good timing.

Bumble

First Grade
So now we have Broncos (no Locky, Thaiday or Folau) against Souths (no Burgess, Taylor or Luke)

What an anti-climax.

Big Sam

First Grade
He got suspended for a BS fend on laffranchi last year so they're obviously gunning for him. He should get off for this one though. Was already committed before thurston kicked it, and was just bracing himself for contact.

Latest posts